996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GIAC vs EVOMSit--Worth upgrading?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe thanks MY996TT:P I think if someone says to me they like the way the car is etc... I'm hesitant to do anything else to it
My guess was correct!!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words SamboTT.... she has class and style without being overboard...just how I like it!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Thanks for the kind words SamboTT.... she has class and style without being overboard...just how I like it!
saw ur car at Evo on Tuesday, great looking car, very very clean

Old 12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
chucky0431 is infamous around these parts
So anybody knows who does the EVOMsit in Miami area?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Baasha,

From personal experience, i have seen that the power delivery is more linear, shift time recovery is much better, and overall power is marginaly better. This was the switch from GIAC to EVOMSit on a 997TT with the EVT610 package.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
I've had both and have had drivability issues with both. I honesty can't make a recommendation for one over the other. In my experience they've both been problematic.

My car's in Phoenix right now and EVOMS is trying to work out the "bugs."

Old 12-22-2008, 03:36 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Just do Protomotive and be done with it.I have had both & Protomotive is by far the best imho.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Just do Protomotive and be done with it.I have had both & Protomotive is by far the best imho.

I'm tempted but kind of stuck at this point. I've dropped $60k into this car with EVOMS and am afraid that switching tuners might cause more problems.

Has anyone made the switch? Is it like starting over? I'm also tempted to try a standalone.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I had the GT 700 GIAC plus what ever else they could sell me and the car was slow when it was running and unfortunately it did not run that much :-( After thousands of dollars and bouts of rage I contacted Todd Knighton, he took my car added his maf as well as his programing and the car never missed a beat! I highly recommend his tune for any car that is having problems with their tune. Now, I am using his programming for my 3.8 liter turbo which makes over 1000 RWHP. I hope this helps.
Robert

Old 12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
You have had Evomsit ?I don't think this is good advice.Don't **** away more money and time with another tuner......have them fix it so that you are happy .....especially if you already paid for it.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by joetwint
You have had Evomsit ?I don't think this is good advice.Don't **** away more money and time with another tuner......have them fix it so that you are happy .....especially if you already paid for it.
I'd really like them to fix it. However, it's been to Phoenix three times for the "fix." Just to be fair, I do live in Denver. My situation, due to altitude, may be unique. I was promised that altitude would not present a problem once the car adjusted but this has not been the case.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evo650
I'd really like them to fix it. However, it's been to Phoenix three times for the "fix." Just to be fair, I do live in Denver. My situation, due to altitude, may be unique. I was promised that altitude would not present a problem once the car adjusted but this has not been the case.
While Protomotive is an excellent and well respected tuner on the board I have seen others jump ship from another tuner and then be unhappy with Protomotive.https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...18-setups.html
My point is get what you paid for first before you compound the problem.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
chucky0431 is infamous around these parts
Quick of topic question. Can these flashes be done by myself with a computer or I need to send the computer to the tuner? I'm sending my car to Curacao, and we don't have any porsche dealers there.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:36 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
I would have to agree with Joe here. We have all had our fair share of issues, me included. You paid for what you have now get EVOMS to get it sorted for you.

I have had the same feeling a few time about going to another tuner but in the end EVOMS has come through and delivered for me.

There are always issues associated with modding these cars, that's just the way it is. More ponies = more issues.

I am sure you will get your problems dealth with. Living in Canada makes it far more difficult to get issues resolved quickly, not to mention the distance.

Good luck.

Ben

Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Ben,

You're right. I need to make them fix these issues. I've built several cars with tuners like Lingenfelter and Heffner and have experienced a varity of issues with all of them. However, I've never experienced such aweful customer service. It takes an act of God to get a return phone call.

Ninety percent of my issues with EVOMS are service and follow up related.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC vs EVOMSit--Worth upgrading?