996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding k24/26 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Brutish is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TXGold
That's a bummer, man. This, all in the wake of their rediculous looking GTStreet in Excellence magazine this month. Too bad Kevin and you couldn't work something out. UMW products are nothing short of KICK ***.
I wish I was in a financial position to afford Kevin's stuff. Maybe one day when I'm working on my 997TT!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
There are always two or more sides to any given story, but your account of what transpired seems incredible...especially if in fact the turbos actually did come from Gemballa in the beginning....as the point of origin, and regardless of the amount of time involved, the fact that they were NOT as advertised would seem to make it imperative that Gambella stepped forward and made this good.....I find it incredulous that they wouldn't do the right thing strictly as a matter of good public relations.

The problem is compounded by the fact that the car has gone thru several folks...the guy who originally bought them from Gemballa thru a mechanic etc etc. It seems that the more folks that are involved, the more difficult it is to get things sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Of course all concerned are looking at that purported original $7K pricetag and running for cover.

Hopefully the ones from YellowTurbo will work out for you....sorry you had to go thru all this....especially considering a marquis name like Gemballa.

Last edited by Chuck Jones; 11-10-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I am with you I would never deal with Gemballa NA again, for the most part its good product but overpriced and to be perfectly honest I don't trust them( I have my own reasons). I have a set of k24/k28 that came with my FVD kit and
are not for sale, I want to keep them on the shelf..one never knows!
They were a great turbo but I went a different way and happy i made the change.Good luck and I would suggest a waste gate upgrade as well.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Brutish is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
There are always two or more sides to any given story, but your account of what transpired seems incredible...especially if in fact the turbos actually did come from Gemballa in the beginning....as the point of origin, and regardless of the amount of time involved, the fact that they were NOT as advertised would seem to make it imperative that Gambella stepped forward and made this good.....I find it incredulous that they wouldn't do the right thing strictly as a matter of good public relations.

The problem is compounded by the fact that the car has gone thru several folks...the guy who originally bought them from Gemballa thru a mechanic etc etc. It seems that the more folks that are involved, the more difficult it is to get things sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Of course all concerned are looking at that purported original $7K pricetag and running for cover.

Hopefully the ones from YellowTurbo will work out for you....sorry you had to go thru all this....especially considering a marquis name like Gemballa.
Thanks for the note. I agree that there are multiple sides to any story and in this case, I honestly invite Heinz or anyone else from Gemballa to respond. This is a bit of a cluster-f*** given all of the different parties involved, and it's a definite reminder that it is so much better to go with a single tuner to get all after-market work done. The situation in my case is exacerbated by the fact that the work was done on the car *before* I bought it. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought a stock 996tts cab and had the work done at a single place. For now, fingers are crossed on the new parts.