996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Initial report on the GT 3076's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No free lunch here!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Hard concept for Sean to learn.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Poor Dan,

Some guy on the other side of the planet gets his kit installed incorrectly and the thread goes for 20 pages. This success story barely lasts one day. Life ain't fair.

Oh well, at least I have a fast car and some sweet shoes, what more can a guy want?

Old 11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Actually, the only "Vivid" parts were the headers...which fit like ****.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I believe that Arizona Forced Induction made the headers. Tommy had to do some extra fabrication, it is true.

But Dan gave me 3 pair of shoes in return. Didn't you hear the song I wrote about it?
Yo yo Dr. J, time for a song

Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 PM
For those of you to lazy too read that whole thread:

"...purchased Dans kit and the quality was very good and the price quite fair. However once the kit was (finally) installed, it didn't fit my exhaust. At the time Dan was gone on his honeymoon and it was looking as if I would have to get rid of my (expensive) Europipe exhaust or spend a ton on fabrication. As it turned out the fabrication was only $400 (thanks Tommy). Furthermore Dan gave me $300 in credit. I bought a *****in pair of DC shoes (and if they fit well will probably get another pair).

So here is the song (to the tune of the Beatles "Yesterday"):

"Mermelstein, had a kit and it was Oh-so-clean,
Thought I'd slap it on my mean machine
So I bought shoes from Mermelstein

Mermelstein, had a kit but it didn't fit
Tommy Banh nearly took a ****

Why'd he have to go away on a honeymoon,
Left me all alone while he tagged some poon
There was something wrong
So I longed for Mermelstein

Mermelstein, gave me credit for the extra fab,
Saw some shoes I just had to have,
Yes I bought shoes from Mermelstein"

Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Sean, sounds like you have a real monster on your hands. I know what you mean about staying off the MX highway 2 tickets this mo already and one was with my V1 on but got zapped and no time to react Enjoy your new found pwr in good health.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Jesse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Please get your facts straight.

AFI built the headers. We have one fixture that was originally designed for gt28's from the initial kit we built. I know that a few people are running 30's with this setup, but it is something that i personally haven't seen or done first hand. I could very easily build headers to fit a 30r, understand that wasn't the goal when we were contacted over a year ago to build a kit based around gt28's!!

-Jesse @ AFI

BTW: What was the issue with the exhaust if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Jesse; 11-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Where did you run this test Doc? I like the graph and I think you will pull in low 6's or even high 5's with that set up. Just need a little colder air for those turbos.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
How does your head fit in your *** so well on a daily basis

Christian

Originally Posted by OhioGT2

Old 11-02-2008, 08:24 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Congrats on the numbers - what did she dyno?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Jesse,

I can tell you that the headers looked very nice, the weld quality was excellent. I was very pleased with them. However I only saw them before they went in the car.

We will have to get Tommy on to address the fitment issue. And as you mentioned they were originally designed for 28's.

The bottom line is that they are a top notch product, especially for 1.1K.

Did you guys do the oil cans?

Jags no idea on dyno, I only care about 60-130 and maybe the mile. OK, maybe I do care about the dyno, I am guessing maybe high 680 on race gas or so.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Jesse is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Jesse,

I can tell you that the headers looked very nice, the weld quality was excellent. I was very pleased with them. However I only saw them before they went in the car.

We will have to get Tommy on to address the fitment issue. And as you mentioned they were originally designed for 28's.

Jags no idea on dyno, I only care about 60-130 and maybe the mile. OK, maybe I do care about the dyno, I am guessing maybe high 680 on race gas or so.
Thanks, Let me know if you have a chance to speak to him about them, shoot me a pm or something.

Yes we machine the cans, adapters, etc all in-house

Jesse

Old 11-02-2008, 09:24 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Jesse,

No way with 30s you should have alot more. I made over 700 with gt28!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Jesse,

Those oil cans were a work of art, expensive but after seeing them I unsderstand why.

Jags,

I am sure I would dyno over 700 on the right dyno in cold weather. I am more interested in breaking 6 seconds in the 60-130

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Initial report on the GT 3076's