996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Initial report on the GT 3076's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Initial report on the GT 3076's

Finally got the GT30s/Adapter kit installed (GT 3076 A/R .63, Vivid/AFI adapter kit/headers/oil cans/TIAL external wastegates) and now have a bit of seat time.

First I want to thank Dan M. from Vivid for giving me a very good price on all the hardware, which was high quality, Tommy Banh for the installation and fabrication, and Todd K. for tuning. Tommy did top notch work for a very fair price and I recommend him to anyone in the Houston area. He also did some extra fabrication work that went above and beyond.

It was nearly a 3 month project but the car is scary fast now. The external wastegates make a menacing WOOSH when they open up. The car doesn't hit as fast as with the hybrid GT 28's but after 5K rpm pulls like an angry Pit Bull past 7K (whereas the 28's fell flat).

Before Todd even tuned it my A/F ratios were spot on and it ran strong on pump gas at 1.1 bars. Todd advanced the timing and today in 80 degree heat and high humidity on a mix of 3-4 gallons of pump and 5 gallons of C16 at 1.4 bars I ran a 6.3 60-130.

I am sure I can get that number down to 6 flat in colder weather. I also want to start limiting my runs to the track and stay off the Mexican highway.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting Peter: "Congrats Sean (Dr jitsu) for running a 6.31"

You can see my shift was not that fast but I was changing lanes and avoiding a truck!

When I get to the track I will be faster.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Glad to hear you're liking the 30's, Sean. Is the lag really that bad? At what rpm does the boost start coming on?

Now go get into the 5's!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Very impressive Sean.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
glad you like the Agency Power kit Sean! Post up some pics of the kit installed.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM
First Kill!

Was politely passing a car (it was a 350Z...w/ aTT badge) and he flashed his high beams and pulled up besides me right at the on ramp onto the freeway. I saw that the light was about to change and slowly rolled into first gear. He dumped the clutch and got about a half length on me but I then shifted into second and hit it hard. In the warm weather the Nitto R comps hooked like glue.

The external wastegates made a loud PSSSSHHHH and I pulled 4 lengths on him by the time I was into 3rd gear.

Adam, yes there is much more lag but you learn to drive around it. Car seems to be getting stronger I am sure to knock on the 6 second barrier.

Dan I will try and get Tommy to post some pics.

There should be no more doubt about the quality of these kits as long as the installation and tuning is dialed in.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Nice work! Were you wearing your DC shoes?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Nice work! Were you wearing your DC shoes?
Silly question...of course!

I received my other two pairs today.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Congrats Sean! Can't wait to have mine running.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Sean, sounds like a sick setup, but IMO, your old setup might have been more suitable/fun for a car like this, just my opinion.. Depends on what the usage is for ultimately!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
glad you like the Agency Power kit Sean! Post up some pics of the kit installed.
Can you be specific on the parts supplied for this project?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, when we say we want pics, we are referring to pics of your SHOES!!!!!!
Peter

Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by houstonT
Sean, when we say we want pics, we are referring to pics of your SHOES!!!!!!
Peter

Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
You mean his free $7000. shoes?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Dan,

Can you post up a pic of the adapter kit....and the shoes? And didn't AFI do the fab work on the headers and oild cans?

Walnut,

Shouldn't you be at the screen short selling and doing stuff to accelerate the next economic collapse?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Initial report on the GT 3076's