996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tire Sizing for 996tt. Toyo r 888 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
zippy do you have any closer pics of the rims and tires ? also, what size rims are those ?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
for performance the less the side wall the stiffer so the better on the track for handling less side wall flex.
also worse ride (who cares)

as the tire widens the profile must decrease to maintain constant diameter.

in the RWD set up you dont need to match front to rear diameters then can be a little off.

Zippy is the big tire guru that taught me. I now run 275 front and 335 rear with no rubbing. but remember these size tires are a track set up with -3 degrees of camber no something you would run around on the street with.

the size recommended above is correct.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschenaround
zippy do you have any closer pics of the rims and tires ? also, what size rims are those ?
Sure. Here's a picture that gives you a pretty good idea about how they tuck in. Rear fenders need to be rolled. Rear plastic inner fender liners need to be reshaped a bit with a heat gun. Front and rear -camber should be no more a minimum of -1.4'. Wheel size is GT2 spec.

Tom, as far as me being the fat tire guy, I actually was coached by Alex (Sharky). I bought the wheel/tire set from him. He gave me the pointers for getting them to fit.

Good Luck!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Zippy; 11-07-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Sure. Here's a picture that gives you a pretty good idea about how they tuck in. Rear fenders need to be rolled. Rear plastic inner fender liners need to be reshaped a bit with a heat gun. Front and rear -camber should be no more a minimum of -1.4'. Wheel size is GT2 spec.

Tom, as far as me being the fat tire guy, I actually was coached by Alex (Sharky). I bought the wheel/tire set from him. He gave me the pointers for getting them to fit.

Good Luck!
mmmm look at that ep under there!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
mmmm look at that ep under there!
Here you go!

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
wow, thats a lot of rubber there. okay, i decided to go with 315/30/18 and 245/40/18

Any chance of that rubbing ? should i just stick with the 235/40/18 ? i really wanted to try to get a touch more grib from the fronts. . .

Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Do the outer diameters of the 315 and 235 match up well?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Zippy,

What size wheels are you running for the 275/335 combo? I'm trying to upgrade my GT2 tyre sizes.

thks

Guy

Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Guy
Zippy,

What size wheels are you running for the 275/335 combo? I'm trying to upgrade my GT2 tyre sizes.

thks

Guy
The 245/335 combo fit on GT2 spec BBS Racing Wheels.