996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RPI or Speedtech exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
RPI or Speedtech exhaust?

Hey guys

After spending long time searching it is look like Speedtech and RPI offer the best deal..The problem that both of them has 200 cells.

I'm looking for Loud , aggressive and powerful exhaust! so what is ur recommendations guyz?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
I met John at SEMA this week.. Great guy great great exhaust!! You always can remove the catalyst with an air chisel

Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by colorinc
I met John at SEMA this week.. Great guy great great exhaust!! You always can remove the catalyst with an air chisel
Awesome...I just know that i can remove the cataliycs converters

Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
doktordyper is infamous around these parts
Rpi

I have just taken my RPI off today, as it is toooo loud and agressive! I am selling cheap, though there is another 6speeder who is interested, but you never know. PM me if you'd like pics and price.....

Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by colorinc

Wow! Nice top hear that.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
CAA
CAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to allCAA is a name known to all
I have the speedtech exhausts and i am happy however it would be nice if it was louder. Not GMG loud but louder...On the WOT, its solid.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Call BBi autosport, they are in huntington beach, read Thomas's thread. EMOMS GT700 with BBi exhaust.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned
BBi is super expensive i guess

Old 11-08-2008, 12:10 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Tim,

Thanks for the kind words. It was great to finally meet you.

And I'm happy to hear that you got the new turbos working so well...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely go with the speedtech!! I get nothing but compliments on mine and I saw a 50 hp gain dyno tested! Here is a video of my 996 turbo s cab with speedtech exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-W5goBs9fc

Old 11-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
One thing to be aware of with the DGI, and this is just my system, and I've not mentioned this to John yet, but my system has gotten LOUDER with age. I've picked up a drone from 1900-2800 RPMs and I have no idea why... I have about 5K miles on it, and my system does see extended use at higher temperatures... Not sure if that has something to do with it or not... Just beware that your system may "change" with age. Mine still looks great though, even with a year worth of hard use on road courses!

Mike

Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
i also highly recommend the speedtech exhaust. Unlike mike, my exhaust sounds exactly the same to me as it did when it was first installed. I have about 6K miles on the clock with this exhaust.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mikelly
One thing to be aware of with the DGI, and this is just my system, and I've not mentioned this to John yet, but my system has gotten LOUDER with age. I've picked up a drone from 1900-2800 RPMs and I have no idea why... I have about 5K miles on it, and my system does see extended use at higher temperatures... Not sure if that has something to do with it or not... Just beware that your system may "change" with age. Mine still looks great though, even with a year worth of hard use on road courses!

Mike
I read your testimony saying that you had NO drone before I bought mine.
It has had drone between 1900 and 2800 from new, not real bad but it
does drone, guess I'm sensitive to the low freq, does sound nice above
3000 though.

RD

Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Originally Posted by rdf16
I read your testimony saying that you had NO drone before I bought mine.
It has had drone between 1900 and 2800 from new, not real bad but it
does drone, guess I'm sensitive to the low freq, does sound nice above
3000 though.

RD

Is that with or without the "silencer rings" in? I love the sound of mine with the rings, but without them it really is a little to loud and droney in about that range 2000-2600 or so..

Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boss351
Is that with or without the "silencer rings" in? I love the sound of mine with the rings, but without them it really is a little to loud and droney in about that range 2000-2600 or so..

Tried it both ways, still got drone, went back to no rings for the better
sound overall. Like I said, I could be more attuned to the low freq, you
would think that after all the years I have been flying jets I wouldn't be
able to hear ****.

Which way did you go to lower your car?

RD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RPI or Speedtech exhaust?