996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

On the GT2 and handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by 996twin
OK. so let me get this straight.

You have a provocative picture of your woman. You post it as your avator on an online forum, for all the guys on here to see.

WHAT IS IT with you guys!?!? WHAT do you get out of this?? I've seen a couple other people do this kind of thing here. Do you wake up in the morning and think, wow I have a hot girl, and I want everyone on so-and-so board to see what she looks like with just a bra and panties on!!!!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so cool, they will be so jealous. You need to keep your naked woman to yourself. I tend to think I have a beautiful wife too, but you won't see me posting pictures of her all over the net for everyone to see, at least not 95% naked. ok unless maybe she was a stripper. Think about it seriously, you know it makes sense.
Off topic so i won't make any more posts on the subject but she actually likes it. There is a 4x4 site that i've been on for years and they charge a membership fee if you want to post pictures, have an avater, etc. a couple years ago a guy had a contest to pay for someone else's membership if they did soemthin. Well i posted this picture and he bought my membership so i used it as my avater. Since then anytime i join a new forum she asks me if i'll put her up as my avater which i oblige. and that's that. btw, just a gf, not married or anything.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:20 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
guys,
pls chill on the chick babble.

billhart,
you're the archtypical "resident". i'm moving one of my businesses there from CA. there may be no beach but hammann listed the positives, and further arrangements can be made for highway enjoyment.

and there are some beautiful trees, streams, and bird lmarshes near Elko, just 20 miles from the start of the Gambler 100. come join us for a try next year

Old 09-11-2003, 10:31 PM
GT2GRL is infamous around these parts
The weather couldn't be better in Jersey tonight! I just got back from taking my beast out for a little fun. Anyway, I'll say this about handling....

Sometimes it can be a little deceiving. Although throttle response is excellent, it's sensitive and requires your full attention. I noticed that the tail loves to give out. In the corners on the curvey backroads it really shows. Any wrong move and it might be your last.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Fozzy is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by GT2GRL
Sometimes it can be a little deceiving. Although throttle response is excellent, it's sensitive and requires your full attention. I noticed that the tail loves to give out. In the corners on the curvey backroads it really shows. Any wrong move and it might be your last.
But isn't this exactly why you love the car?! And the best thing is, with a bit of practice it's completely controllable. You only need to look at a new corner and you know precisely how the car's potentially going to misbehave. I've found that healthy respect is really all that's needed. A bit like lion-taming - and there's always some muppet who forgot it's an animal with big teeth and consequently has various vital body parts missing, providing us with a warning picture as a 'gentle' reminder ( per watt's favourite snapshot ) I'd also be tempted to suggest that the majority of photos of trashed GT2s would be very similar - most of the damage caused while the car was going sideways.

So this is where everybodys got to. Thought Rennlist was incredibly quiet.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:51 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
996 Twin, ....Whats the deal man..., you have a problem looking at a beautiful woman scantily clad? I see nothing wrong about being proud of your woman, or wanting to post her picture. I know in my situation, It makes my wife feel great to know I care enough to post a couple G-Rated pics of her from a nationally publicized calender. I hear alot of negative comments from guys who degrade, put down and and take pop shots at their wives on board's. I think to myself "Well you are the moron that married her". It's a sign of the time's I guess.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
deanger is infamous around these parts
as requested 959 photos and 575 photo...

oh yeah do you have pics of the 959? link?

996tt
Put them in my "member gallery"

Old 09-12-2003, 02:58 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Re: as requested 959 photos and 575 photo...

Originally posted by deanger
Put them in my "member gallery"
wow, i'm so jealous! that's a damn clean car. what year is it?

Old 09-16-2003, 12:33 PM
996twin is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jeru
996 Twin, ....Whats the deal man..., you have a problem looking at a beautiful woman scantily clad? I see nothing wrong about being proud of your woman, or wanting to post her picture. I know in my situation, It makes my wife feel great to know I care enough to post a couple G-Rated pics of her from a nationally publicized calender. I hear alot of negative comments from guys who degrade, put down and and take pop shots at their wives on board's. I think to myself "Well you are the moron that married her". It's a sign of the time's I guess.
I guess reading the rest of the responses has made me realize its not so bad then. With that being said I would like to say that your wife is quite ... shiny.

sorry I kinda freaked out the otherday.

Old 09-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Fozzy is infamous around these parts
I guess reading the rest of the responses has made me realize its not so bad then. With that being said I would like to say that your wife is quite ... shiny.

sorry I kinda freaked out the otherday.
Wouldn't worry too much - I for one agreed with your original sentiments (if not quite so vehemently ), as no doubt a number did, just didn't feel that another POV on the topic would add to this specific thread. Each to their own - I wouldn't do it, but spose it's much like posting pictures of the cars we're so proud of.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Fozzy
Wouldn't worry too much - I for one agreed with your original sentiments (if not quite so vehemently ), as no doubt a number did, just didn't feel that another POV on the topic would add to this specific thread. Each to their own - I wouldn't do it, but spose it's much like posting pictures of the cars we're so proud of.
I think that as long as we, at least the male members of the list, don't post pics of ourselves in speedos, then all will remain right with the board (and the world)!

For some reason this reminds me of a funny story from days past spent on the Corvette Forum. It seems this young guy from Nevada had posted nude pics of his girlfriend posing on his car. You had to know a very specific, very small point on his home page to click on in order to get to the pics... which he gave to those on the Forum. Unfortunately, someone informed his girlfriend, which got him in a ton of hot water, and the pics (and possibly his cajones) were subsequently removed.