996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Leaking In - Front Footwells

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Westy is infamous around these parts
Leaking In - Front Footwells

2003 996tt

I seem to be having a problem with water getting into the vehicle, both front footwells are wet.

I've checked the drain holes under the hood underneath the scuttle panel and cleaned them out, I also have a quick look at the front bulk head to see if there were any grommets not fit correctly. I've also pulled the door panels off to check that the door is sealed up without any rips.

Is there any other common places where these leak water in??

Have it in my garage at the moment stripped down and a heater blower drying her out.

Any help in tacking down this leak greatly appreciated

Cheers
Westy

Old 11-10-2008, 04:56 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Westy
2003 996tt

I seem to be having a problem with water getting into the vehicle, both front footwells are wet.

I've checked the drain holes under the hood underneath the scuttle panel and cleaned them out, I also have a quick look at the front bulk head to see if there were any grommets not fit correctly. I've also pulled the door panels off to check that the door is sealed up without any rips.

Is there any other common places where these leak water in??

Have it in my garage at the moment stripped down and a heater blower drying her out.

Any help in tacking down this leak greatly appreciated

Cheers
Westy

Is it wet under the carpet (behind the pedals) on the firewall or can you see water marks like if it was coming in from under the wiper area and down the firewall?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Westy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttboost
Is it wet under the carpet (behind the pedals) on the firewall or can you see water marks like if it was coming in from under the wiper area and down the firewall?
It is wet under the floor carpets but not just the drivers side, both sides are wet. I've also cleaned the drain holes under the hood.

Anywhere else these things rain in??

Checked.
1. Drain Holes
2. Door Panels
3. Door Seals fitted correctly

Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Where does the A/C condensation go in these cars? I had this in my eBay range rover classic...was a plugged A/C draining line.

JB

Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I have the same problem on passenger side only. I pulled the undertray segments off and couldn't find anything there either.