996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please Help: another PSM/ABS failure thread... (yes, I used search already)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:14 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Where are you so far with the modds? I will have a surprise for you soon.

Originally Posted by flash68
Yeah just found your other build thread. Looking forward to seeing your times. Man sounds like you have a monster there!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4G64T
I am getting the same problems with ABS and PSM light on but also get Generator failure. The voltage reading goes to max - 16 volts and the air con goes off but the headlights work fine. Yesterday was the second time it happened. I pulled off the road and turned it off and on again for abot 5 secs but the problem was still there. I took the car home and turned it off and then on again after 10 secs. The problem disappeared. No body seems to mention generator failure. Could this be a problem with the alternator?
I had a similar series of events recently and my issue was the alternator.

Originally Posted by art4iza
Where are you so far with the modds? I will have a surprise for you soon.
Still working a couple of other things out, although I did just buy a Rennline pedal set and a carbon fiber wing. Too bad they dont add horsepower!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 AM
stevo996tt is infamous around these parts
i have the same issue, mine gave maf codes, replaced it 3 times and still the abs psm error comes on. also replaced the alternator and all the maf wiring, nothing helps so far

Old 02-01-2009, 01:45 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevo996tt
i have the same issue, mine gave maf codes, replaced it 3 times and still the abs psm error comes on. also replaced the alternator and all the maf wiring, nothing helps so far
What are your specific error codes?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
I suspect it’ a design fault and no one is listening. It happens rarely to me, usually when I wash my car in cold weather. If I then switch off and on it’s gone. I have stopped tracing the problem as I am certain it’s a design fault. Must admit, I am “just a bit concerned”; I really wouldn’t want my ABS to fail in an emergency situation nor I want PSM to fail mid-corner by not concentrating, being greedy with the gas counting on my safety net. PORSCHE – READ THIS FORUM AND FIND A SOLUTION! It’s clearly something multiple users experience so, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 AM
jeff4774 is infamous around these parts
I suspect it’ a design fault and no one is listening. It happens rarely to me, usually when I wash my car in cold weather. If I then switch off and on it’s gone. I have stopped tracing the problem as I am certain it’s a design fault. Must admit, I am “just a bit concerned”; I really wouldn’t want my ABS to fail in an emergency situation nor I want PSM to fail mid-corner by not concentrating, being greedy with the gas counting on my safety net. PORSCHE – READ THIS FORUM AND FIND A SOLUTION! It’s clearly something multiple users experience so, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!
nicely said...
i am getting that psm cel as well...so freakin annoying...
someone please find fix...

anyone?
anyone?

Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 AM
4G64T is infamous around these parts
For me, it only seemed to happen after my second reflash of the car. It has happen to me three times in the last 5 months. All I have to do is turn the car off for about 10 secs and then restart. I check the alternator but all was fine. How often do you guy get this happening?

Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 AM
for me, it started 2 weeks ago, and it every time i turn on the car, the cel comes on.
as everyone mentioned, turn off, and then turn back on car gets rid of the nasty cel.
in my case, does not matter if the car is cold or warmed up.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Do you get the ABS and PSM light come on as well or just CEL?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:33 AM
I have had zero issues since replacing my EVOMS v-flow intake with the stock box and filter.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I have had zero issues since replacing my EVOMS v-flow intake with the stock box and filter.

^^^

Moe importantly do you notice any power difference, seat of the pants, going back to stock?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM
i get the PSM and ABS light...
just super annoying...
not to mention the uncertainty of if there really is something broken...somewhere

Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
^^^

Moe importantly do you notice any power difference, seat of the pants, going back to stock?
That's a good question... at first I really didn't think there was a difference, but now I might think it is just a slightly noticeable loss. Even if there is a minute loss, I will gladly trade it for having the car run better with no CELs.

Of course my other theory is this is all in my head as I think it's very hard for someone to feel a +/- 10 hp difference at the 500hp level.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
That's a good question... at first I really didn't think there was a difference, but now I might think it is just a slightly noticeable loss. Even if there is a minute loss, I will gladly trade it for having the car run better with no CELs.

Thanks, that was exactly my point. I would GLADLY sacrifice a few ponies for reliability

Of course my other theory is this is all in my head as I think it's very hard for someone to feel a +/- 10 hp difference at the 500hp level.

I agree with this too.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Got the same problem yesterday. Generator Failure, PSM and ABS as well as Brake Distribution. I stopped the car and turned it off for about 10 secs twice and the lights were still there. Drove the car home and after about 5 mins the lights went out and everything was back to normal. During the time when the lights were on, I would get no boost or significant engine power. Is this the same as what everybody else is seeing? This only seems to have happened after I installed the K243/18G's and the new tune. Could it be the reflash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please Help: another PSM/ABS failure thread... (yes, I used search already)