996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sport Techno Wheels - Will they fit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
JoshP is infamous around these parts
Sport Techno Wheels - Will they fit?

I need some help here... I'm going through the process of trying to find some winter wheels & tires for my '02 996 TT. I don't know much about tires and wheels, but thought I had arrived with a pretty good plan.

My intention was to buy some sport techno wheels, 18X8 et50mm for the fronts, and 18x10 et47mm in the rear, 1 inch thinner than stock. I would then also need two spacers for the rear wheels, 7mm thick (Porsche part #'s 361 6 17 00 ??). I read conflicting stories of requiring a 5mm spacers for the front wheels??

Then I was going to fit these tires from tire rack onto the wheels:
225/40 18 PIRELLI WINTER 240 SNOW SPORT N3
265/35 18 PIRELLI WINTER 240 SNOW SPORT N3

First of all, can anyone confirm my research that this wheel, offset, spacer and tire combo will all work together? I've done all my research primarily on these boards and over at RennTech.org, but would feel a lot more comfortable if someone who knew more about this stuff "blessed" my combination.

The main reason for this post, however, is that when I started looking for the Sport Techno wheels last night some shops said they would fit a 996 TT, others said all 996 - except TT, which made me really frustrated and made me realize I should maybe enlist some help from the experts.

For example, this eBay listing says it won't fit my car:
Link #1

Which makes me wonder if these ones will fit my car, since it doesn't explicitly say one way or the other:
Link #2

The page over at wheel enhancement only says it was optional on the turbo:
Wheel Enhancement Link

This auction says it won't fit a turbo, and I assume this is because it has different offsets than what I listed above?
Link #3

Wheel Dynamics lists the same offset as the one I think I need, but says they will fit ALL 911's?!?
Wheel dynamics (Scroll down a bit)

Can anyone help me out here? I'm begining to lose hair over it, and the snow is going to be falling soon!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Some of the replica wheels may or may not work. The Factory Porsche winter package is 8x18 50mm and 10x18 47mm with no spacer. Rear wheels with that specification are available in the 996 Turbolook II and 996 SportTechno. Please call or e-mail when you have an opportunity. We can assist you with your winter wheel and tire needs.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I'll fire you an email tomorrow!

Quick question - most everywhere I read that you needed a spacer, even with the et50mm and et47mm offsets. Is this required? Or personal preference?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Thats what I used for winter rims, if they are factory wheels they work on NB and WB, the WB does need spacers, I think 15 or 17 mm....sorry cant remember.

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Forgive the ignorance.... FB? NB?

What sort of winter rubber did you use?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Here is a link to the Porsche Tequipment guide that shows the application of winter wheels. https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinf...SA_KATALOG.pdf
Click on the link on the left side which shows wheels which takes you to page 59. Scroll down to page 64 which gets you to the winter sets. At the bottom of the page you will see the SportTechno winter set for 996 Turbo and C4S. At the top of page 65 continues that winter set showing 8x18 50mm and 10x18 47mm with no spacers. This package is for the wide body cars, not the narrow body.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
NB means narrow body.......C2,C4,GT3 and Targa and WB means Wide Body....Turbo and C4S.

The winters I use are goodyear GW3's , size is per Porsche winter tire size.

Last edited by kilrgt; 11-12-2008 at 09:09 PM.