996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1st time at the ¼ mile track with the 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
1st time at the ¼ mile track with the 996TT

So I went down to Englishtown for Sunday's test and tune. There was a special event going on: "over-crowded day". It took me an hour to get through tech and then it was 3 hours between runs (atleast the car cooled down a lot between runs). I only got in 2 runs, which was enough to learn how bad I suck. The weather was 60 and muggy.

My car: EPL custom tune, K16/16g hybrids, DGI Exhaust (I forgot and left the 5mm reducer rings in), Clutchmasters Kevlar clutch, Summitomo tires at 40psi, ½ tank of 93 octane, full weight.

Run 1:
Launched at 2,800rpm, cut a 2 sec 60 foot, banged the rev limiter in 3rd.

Apparently someone in the stands filmed it and put it on youtube (my buddy sent me the link):
[video]

Run 2:
I ran against LiNkS from the board. He's got a tuned K24 car and there's a fuller description of his setup here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ge-faster.html
He was running ½ and ½ 93 octane and race gas. I tried pulling the fuse to the wing to see if less drag helped.
We both have the same clutch and tried to launch at 4,000rpm. Consequently we wheel hopped and spun through all of 1st and most of 2nd. I did pick up 1mph, though.
No video this time. Here's the slip (I'm on the right):

So after 2 runs, my best ET was 11.96 and best trap was 123.96.
All in all, I think there's a lot still left in there and I'm definitely going to try some race gas next time. Also, we need to do a track rental because 3 hrs between runs is misery.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
whats your sustained boost....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Good Time!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
That day was one of the worst experiences at the track I have ever had. We definitely need to do it again on better circumstances. I am just happy my car trapped at that speed. All in all it was nice meeting you out there, at least we got to crack a few jokes..... are you going to be at the Turkey Run this weekend?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Wow...quicker 1/8 mile trap speed then the k24 set up on race gas!

Looks great. The car defiantly has a mid 11 second pass in it on pump gas .

Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Good, time and good speed IMO. interesting that the K16 and K24 ran close trap speeds. it would be interesting with you running the same fuel.

Last edited by Prche951; 11-12-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
good times... you matched the other K24 car???

Old 11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
looks good for what you have..

Old 11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Good time for the mods, Congrats

Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Wow...quicker 1/8 mile trap speed then the k24 set up on race gas!

Looks great. The car defiantly has a mid 11 second pass in it on pump gas .

I dont think my tires hooked up until after the 1/8 mark I spun through 1st, 2nd (which i had to completely let off cause the rear end starting coming around) and even chirped into 3rd.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
I dont think my tires hooked up until after the 1/8 mark I spun through 1st, 2nd (which i had to completely let off cause the rear end starting coming around) and even chirped into 3rd.
Yea, I actually noticed your 2.6 60 foot after I posted. I figured your we either bogged or spun.

Shameless plug: We have k16/16g kits in stock and ready to ship .

Old 11-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
whats your sustained boost....
1.1 or 1.2 depending on weather conditions. Usually 1.2. To be honest, I wasn't looking on these runs.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
That day was one of the worst experiences at the track I have ever had. We definitely need to do it again on better circumstances. I am just happy my car trapped at that speed. All in all it was nice meeting you out there, at least we got to crack a few jokes..... are you going to be at the Turkey Run this weekend?
Yeah, it was good hanging out. Next time let's go on a weeknight so neither of us are hungover.

Can't make the turkey run, but I'll probably be at the next ER run.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
DO you guys go to specific nights at englishtown Test and Tune? I'd love to make it out there one time to see what the car can do.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
There's only 2 weeks left at E-town, and to tell you the truth, if last Sunday was any indication, I'll pass. I'm going to wait until a track rental. There's something about 30 passes vs. 2 passes that makes more sense to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st time at the ¼ mile track with the 996TT