996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Name the type of exhaust setup which....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
guys,

how is the fabspeed sport-cats and muffler bypass-pipe setup ? Its the only modular set-up .
Is it louder than a cargraphic loud ?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiHOrJqDDws&feature=related[/media]

Old 11-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
guys,

how is the fabspeed sport-cats and muffler bypass-pipe setup ? Its the only modular set-up .
Is it louder than a cargraphic loud ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiHOr...eature=related

It is very loud, but I like it. Cold start can annoy some people, not me. I like loud. I'll try to get you a video of how it sounds, but it is uch louder than any muffler setup.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
TwinT is infamous around these parts
I can hear my turbos a lot, not sure if it comes out that well on vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94tZTF0D7Y

Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The 85 mm Europipe Exhaust without a doubt.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
CJV: 6,600 posts and you write that Europipe has an 85mm exhaust system? I KNOW you're BS'ing the crowd.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:02 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't Highats have a huge EP exhaust....perhaps 85mm....

JB

Old 11-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
That's larger than any EP exhaust I've seen advertised. Maybe custom a application? Where's Stef ...need him to jump in here.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Darn!!

Is there anything that sounds similar? That is the best sounding turbo I've heard...I love it!!
Adam, I am with you on the Tubi being the best sounding system. Alex also told me its not as nice on the 996 as the 7

Twin T, your car sounds great. Maybe not quite as crisp as the Sharkwerks 7 setup, but close enough to encourage me in that direction.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
i also heard from members that 996 tubi setups aren't as nice as the 7. But after hearing Europipe and Cargraphic Loud, i was in love <3.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Twin T, your car sounds great. Maybe not quite as crisp as the Sharkwerks 7 setup, but close enough to encourage me in that direction.
Agreed!! Twin, your car sounds AWESOME!!!

TwinT...does your exhaust have cats? Is it just the regular Tubi exhaust, or is it something special?

Thanks!

Last edited by Adam Bowles; 11-19-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Geez...wish I had a set of Tubi Comps to trade you....you must really like them to switch out of a set of the EP's.....

Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Yeah, maybe I should reconsider. I really like my EP2, but I think it may be robbing some power. Sometime I think it's a little too quiet and wish it had more of a growl. I really like the sound of the Sharkwerks 997tt with the Tubi...it's sublime!!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
You have to remember....Alex has James there to fine tune everything....to put exhaust systems in or swap them out.... or tune the car so it sounds like perfection. I have to wonder how you come to the conclusion that the EP is robbing your power.....they're running 100 cell cats....large ones with 70mm piping....and the reduction in back pressure on the EP2 is pretty substantial. Have you dyno'd the car to reach that conclusion or did you just get beat by someone.... Talk to Stef and ask him if there's a way to get a little more rumble out of your EP's.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:34 PM
No, didn't get beat by anyone - just my opinion compared to an exhaust without cats or straight pipes. Been considering a Switzer without cats, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

This isn't a slight against EP in any way. Stef is a great guy to work with, and has gone out of his way several times doing favors for me. It's been an excellent exhaust, and has met my original goal of having a quiet and non-droning exhaust. As the HP of my car continues to grow, I feel the EP will be hold me back.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
No, didn't get beat by anyone - just my opinion compared to an exhaust without cats or straight pipes. Been considering a Switzer without cats, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

This isn't a slight against EP in any way. Stef is a great guy to work with, and has gone out of his way several times doing favors for me. It's been an excellent exhaust, and has met my original goal of having a quiet and non-droning exhaust. As the HP of my car continues to grow, I feel the EP will be hold me back.

My understanding is that the EP is quiet and yet has less backpressure than most supposed freeflowing exhausts. I would stick with it and not switch it out. I have fabspeeds cats and straight pipes and love them, but if I had to go with a quiet exhaust it would be EP, after hearing D33PBLUES

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Name the type of exhaust setup which....