996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K9 Official Information Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Well, unfortunately, the organizers of the TX Mile seem to be going a different direction that I had hoped. It looks like they are going to do the Mile the week AFTER TX2K9. Sorry, I did my BEST to coordinate but wanted to keep all of you in the loop. We might move the 60-130 to Sunday depending on when/if they solidify their schedule. I will keep you all updated.
Peter

Old 12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Kelly,

We look forward to seeing you again in your beautiful Heffner TT Vipe!
I hope the Home Building Business in Dallas is better than in MPLS, MN.

MK
Thanks. It's sloooooooooooooow here in DFW as well.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:58 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Well, unfortunately, the organizers of the TX Mile seem to be going a different direction that I had hoped. It looks like they are going to do the Mile the week AFTER TX2K9. Sorry, I did my BEST to coordinate but wanted to keep all of you in the loop. We might move the 60-130 to Sunday depending on when/if they solidify their schedule. I will keep you all updated.
Peter
This is very bad news for us up here in Minni-snow-ta. We were really looking forward to be able to do the TX Mile and TX2K9 in one trip.

Peter - Thanks for the update. You go way out of your way to make this thing happen and there are things you just can't control.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iasc300
Anyone planning on caravaning down from Minnesota? If so theres a big caravan from Supra Forums traveling down as well and meeting some of us in Des Moines for the trip down-
Send me a PM as we get closer. I am headed down with Woodtster and KAA, possible a couple more.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Send me a PM as we get closer. I am headed down with Woodtster and KAA, possible a couple more.
I'm jealous as hell. I really wish I could make it this year.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:12 AM
We should find a track somewhere between MN & VA when you get back. Your car is going to be stupid fast when MTI is all done with it. Hell, I'd make the trip out there just to run VIR again.

Stay safe.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:36 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Hey guys, the 60-130 competition has been moved to Sunday March 22, 2009. This move makes the schedule much more manageable and is possible b/c the Mile will now be the following weekend.
Peter

Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Cool, that's my birthday.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear this Diablo might be entering the event....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prL9J...eature=related

Old 12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Just read the Texas Mile is now March 28-29

Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Yea, let's just say they were not exactly "enthusiastic" or "concerned" about our event and working with us.
Peter

Originally Posted by onelove
Just read the Texas Mile is now March 28-29

Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Sounds like it's time to make your own standing "Country" mile contest. Have you called Ellington Field or the new Houston Executive or any of the 7000'+ airfields in the area? Let me know if I can help, Peter.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:44 PM
F8L SNK is infamous around these parts
Looking forward to this event. Already signed up for the USCC and for the MSR day See you guys there, maybe Rob and I can make a run for the Country Mile I know he has been wanting the run for a while

Old 12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tim, it was nice seeing you at the Ferrari meet :-) Your new snake is deadly, little bluey is very jeolous LOL Yes, I am always up for a country run :-)
Robert

Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I plan on attending in whatever vehicle I have at 100% by then. The 944t has a blown HG, the 993tt needs front control arm bushings done, and the 997tt is no longer contained by the stage 2 clutch....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TX2K9 Official Information Thread