996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K9 Official Information Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Just spoke w/ VR Alexander and he will be comming along w/ his 1100 hp 996TT.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Enlighten me then. Why would guys making less than say, 900HP want to sign up forwhat sounds like an inevitable *** whooping? How could guys like Paulie and me compete?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Todd, that's b/c in order to be competitive in the USCC it's all about CONSISTENCY and ability to make it through all of the events. It's not the HP, rather it's how well your car can do everything...
Peter

Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Todd,

The really high hp cars are at a disadvantage on the road course, especially MSR. Also, they tend to break down and not complete all events. Marty took 2nd last year at about 600 awhp and I took 3rd on my old set up w/ only dynoed 560 at the dyno event.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Enlighten me then. Why would guys making less than say, 900HP want to sign up forwhat sounds like an inevitable *** whooping? How could guys like Paulie and me compete?
Todd,

As a few others have commented its all about keeping the car together and being consistent. I can comment that at MSR the fastest street car on regular street tires made it around in 1:39.1 and that car was making under 400whp (2004 GT3) and had a full interior. I can confirm that time because I was in the car when it happened. I don't recall any of the lap times from two years ago when TX2K7 was held at MSR but I know getting a car with the power some of these cars do in a similar time frame would be a fight without an extremely skilled driver.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, so it's 1/21 and I got another sign up this morning (thanks Josh Ginn)...for those of you on the fence, sign up NOW, I would HATE to cancel this portion of TX2K9.
Peter

Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
How about just for the fun of it and to see if you as the driver can
overcome some of the HP disadvantage? The rules are written to
favor a straight line car but it is still the most fun you can have with
your clothes on...win or lose

Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Actually Marty it is tremendously fun, but one time I met a gal and I had even more fun w/ my clothes on and my zipper down.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Marty, you not road racing?
Peter

Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
This bites!!! I was planning to come down from CT this year. ...But no mile!!! I don't need to come to Texas to drag race or do 60-130's? Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
1/23 and we have 10 paid....we need another 30.....
Peter

Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Have you signed up and payed for the RR portion of the event?
Peter

Originally Posted by ttboost
This bites!!! I was planning to come down from CT this year. ...But no mile!!! I don't need to come to Texas to drag race or do 60-130's? Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
No Peter, I have not paid. I was just interested in doing the dragracing, 60-130 and the Mile. Now that the Mile is out at this event...it's a big expense and hardly worthwhile for me to drive 1800 miles for a few runs in the Mile. I can do 60-130's and dragrace here. Maybe I can fly in at least and meet everyone...we'll have to see...
Mike

Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, it's 1/24 and we've got 12 signed up, I need another 28 this coming week or we'll take MSR out of the event line-up.
Peter

Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by houstonT
Hey guys, it's 1/24 and we've got 12 signed up, I need another 28 this coming week or we'll take MSR out of the event line-up.
Peter
that will be too bad, I'll probably drop the whole event off my schedule, the USCC is why I was going.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TX2K9 Official Information Thread