996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K9 Official Information Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
777 - it would suck to lose you from the event and I sure hope that does not happen. Keep in mind the USCC will stay in place as an event but it will comprise of only 3 events (as opposed to 4). It will be drag racing, dyno and 60-130.

We need another 25 or so to sign up!
Peter

Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Peter didnt have time to read all the pages, but so far sounds awesome cant wait! I have one question. In the Street Car Class are you making a/c and p/s required? I have a/c and P/s but I know alot of racecar's around here claim there street cars but are far cry from it.
Matt

Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by houstonT
777 - it would suck to lose you from the event and I sure hope that does not happen. Keep in mind the USCC will stay in place as an event but it will comprise of only 3 events (as opposed to 4). It will be drag racing, dyno and 60-130.

We need another 25 or so to sign up!
Peter
I understand the USCC will still be taking place, but IMHO without the road course the "drag type" cars will be heavily favored, the remaining events are straight line events. I realize that isn't your intent, but it will be a reality if the road course portion is cancelled.

You have put a ton of hard work into this event, I hope it comes together for you on the road course part.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
One of the great things about this event is the fact that cars have to have all around balance (although high hp cars are heavily favored). Thus getting rid of the road course event would be a big mistake, IMO.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Well Sean, instead of being critical, why don't you get your checkbook out and sign up for the MSR event? That will help ASSURE the MSR event does not get cancelled. Now, if you know of a way to save the event that day, I'm all ears...and no, one of the options is NOT "Peter, cut a check for $6,000".

Peter

Old 01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I would love to run that day but I have to teach...I did do the road course the last 2 years and it was a blast.

Why don't you extend the deadline a bit, the event isn't for 2 more months. We both know lots of turn out will materialize by then.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Simple actually...I have a drop dead date with MSR to send them a deposit. I'm not willing to risk several thousand sponsor dollars and then have it turn out that we don't get enough cars signed up. Now, take into consideration that I am down 12 sponsors this year at $750/each......I'm REALLYYYYYY not willing to risk sponsor money this year. To be honest, I'm not sure how the finances are going to work this year, due to the economy and the fact that so many sponsors pulled out, I'm facing a multi-thousand $ tab just to help fund this event. It's years like this one that make me not want to do the event again (even after 10 great years). I just can't justify paying big $ out of pocket after putting so much time/effort into this thing without getting anything but pleasure out of it. All I ask is that people simply come, that they sign up and race and that they show...this alone will help keep sponsor support up. At this point, I can't even get 40 paid spots to one of the nicest road courses in the United States...

There you go Sean, a long answer to your question...

Peter

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Why don't you extend the deadline a bit, the event isn't for 2 more months. We both know lots of turn out will materialize by then.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 777vegasviper
I understand the USCC will still be taking place, but IMHO without the road course the "drag type" cars will be heavily favored, the remaining events are straight line events. I realize that isn't your intent, but it will be a reality if the road course portion is cancelled.

You have put a ton of hard work into this event, I hope it comes together for you on the road course part.
Even with the road course the USCC is stacked in the favor of a high hp straight line car. The winner last year swept the dyno - drag - 60-130. I know he did the road course but I do not know his time or what place he finished.

With that being said - I had a blast and plan on doing it again this year. I am traveling over 1200 miles one way.

Hopefully we will get enough people signed up for the road course.
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I would love to run that day but I have to teach...I did do the road course the last 2 years and it was a blast.

Dr - Call in sick and come chase me around MSR.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Peter - any updates on registration for MSR??

Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, we did NOT hit our minimum number of required entrants, HOWEVER, I am working with MSR to see if we can shorten the day while still giving entrants the full 2 hours of track time. I am doing everything I can to save the event but do not know for sure if I'll be able to. Stay tuned!
Peter

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I'll call you sunday afternoon Peter.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your help Ben...check your PM for my phone number.
Peter

Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by houstonT
Well, we did NOT hit our minimum number of required entrants, HOWEVER, I am working with MSR to see if we can shorten the day while still giving entrants the full 2 hours of track time. I am doing everything I can to save the event but do not know for sure if I'll be able to. Stay tuned!
Peter
Peter
Just want to thank you for the effort you put forth in organizing this event.

Frank

Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Peter,

Thanks for all of your hard work in organizing the premier event of the year!
I unfortunately, am unable to make it this year. I will make it an "every other year
event" as it sometimes can conflict with my kids spring break, etc. I will really miss it!!!

Marty K.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Frank - thanks bud, I'm still working on it!

Marty - check your VM, you are NOT getting off that easy!

Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TX2K9 Official Information Thread