996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K9 Official Information Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by the head
Who had the blue turbo bike?
That would be me.
Originally Posted by michael mathews
Dont know but it didnt run very well.Sure looked good though!
I've made two 1/8th mile passes when it was bone stock, 3 years ago. 2 passes over a year ago in the 1/8th mile with it at 3.5 psi (180whp). I did not bring the bike to drag race, but to run the 60-130 event on Sunday. That bike is street raced in Dallas, on the hwy with other high hp car (1000whp plus). With the bike set at 9.4psi (255whp running out of fuel over 10,000rpm), I was looking for a high 3 sec 60-130, but the person who trailered my bike there left Saturday night. I drove my Viper down there.

I saw the track was open for 1/4 mile passes and thought it would be fun to see what it could do. My first cold pass, outside of my uncomfortable 1 piece leather racing jacket was a 9.94 @ 158.39mph with a CRAPPY 2.18 60ft. I was consistently running 155+mph in the afternoon, granted with 11sec 1/4 miles. Those times and trap speeds tell me that I don't know how to ride, but I own a hell of a STREET bike.

Here is the video:
www.Qb2productions.com/videos/jasonbike.wmv

I am not good at racing from a stop, because turbo bike launches require slipping the clutch quite a bit, and if it did hook, it would wheelie. My last pass of the day, the bike came up at the top of 1st gear, and 2nd gear, and I called it a day, as I didn't want to risk totalling a bike I'm trying to sell.

The bike is plenty fast, I however am not good at launching it. Ricky Crossley (grey GTS w/black stripes TT car) rode it around and can tell you himself, that the front wheel coming up on a turbo bike is violent and scary. If you think you can do better, I'll be happy to bring it out to a 1/4 mile track in Dallas, if it's not sold.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
michael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nice
No offense intended!Why didnt you stay for the 60-130 shootout?And I will be at the Motorplex the weekend of April 4th.Or I will be at the racetrack in San Antonio this weekend.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
michael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nicemichael mathews is just really nice
Or the Texas Mile this Saturday!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
No offense intended!Why didnt you stay for the 60-130 shootout?And I will be at the Motorplex the weekend of April 4th.Or I will be at the racetrack in San Antonio this weekend.
Or the Texas Mile this Saturday!
No, just making it clear that the bike is built well, just I have an issue with riding it hard. Poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to build that bike in the last 4 years. Didn't feel like wrecking it this weekend, and not much practice launching the bike, that's all. Sorry if my reply came across the wrong way.

I'll be in Austin April 4th for the Texas Viper Roundup unfortunately. I have a few friends going to the mile this weekend. Look out for a couple of Vette's (white procharged C6 with black stripes, and a black C6 TT car, both with Dallas Performance). I would love to go, but have plans for this weekend.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Excellent Meeting

Originally Posted by wooosh
Was great meeting some new people and seeing old friends. Weather was perfect except some fog in the mornings. The work Peter puts into this behind the scenes is unbelievable....first class, well organized event.
Ditto...on meeting new people and catching up with friends. Congrats to Peter for
a great event, I am looking forward to next year and will recruit others to come from NW Arkansas. Weather was Great!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Hey Joe good seeing you & your son,hope you guys had a great time.