996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

3M or Venturshield...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
3M or Venturshield...

Figured I'd post here as well for the local Houston guys...(Sean, Paulie, Chris, etc) Recommendations on where to take the Z for clear bra install and window tint. Looking for a top notch job...thx

Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dennis,

Do NOT go to Executive, they butchered my GT2. However, Expert tint on the feeder at 59 just past Murphy road did an excellent job on my M3 and G 35.

So, tell us about this Z of which you speak?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Dennis,

Do NOT go to Executive, they butchered my GT2. However, Expert tint on the feeder at 59 just past Murphy road did an excellent job on my M3 and G 35.

I agree about Executive. I took my Scion to the one on Gessner and I agreed and haggled on the price on the nice tint, when I got in the car to leave, I noticed a nice and clear "3m" imprint in the tint. I asked them why I got the 3m tint and not that agreed upon brand... and their response was...uh...well, we ran out of brand X and 3m is a better film.

I also took my range rover there to get it tinted and they scratched my plastic window lining and the two front windows are peeling at the tip.

Hoping to get a better result, I took my integra to get an alarm and tint installed at the Richmond/beechnut location. Once again, I called and got a price for a Clifford alarm. When I got there, the owner said I didn't give you that price and there's no way a Clifford is that cheap. Putting me in a bad position, I agreed on his price... and guess what... when I picked up the car... it had Viper alarm system in there. The owner's response was...they are made by the same company so don't worry. When the clifford system comes in, I'll just switch out the brains of the alarm. Once again, putting me in a bad spot, I said fine and said I'd bring it by in the next week to get the Clifford put in. Needless to say, I went by there twice during my lunch break b/c the owner said the alarm will be in and both times, they weren't.

I will not be going back to Executive motoring.

On the other hand, I got my tint on my m3 done at Xpert Auto tint and they did a very good job. Pretty expensive but their tints are laser pre-cut for your car. I'm also trying to find a place to tint my turbo.

Edwin

Old 11-17-2008, 08:00 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DJ'sZ
Figured I'd post here as well for the local Houston guys...(Sean, Paulie, Chris, etc) Recommendations on where to take the Z for clear bra install and window tint. Looking for a top notch job...thx
If money is no option, there's a place on Westheimer called Formula One. They are super expensive but I see a lot of high end cars there

http://www.formulaone.com/

I believe Xpert tint is a sister store of theirs

Edwin

Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I hear Venturshield is better than 3M?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
I hear Venturshield is better than 3M?
I heard the same...

Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
The 3M film I had put on 1 year ago has held up nicely and saved me from many chips and such at the track and on the street. It does have some orange-peel effect to it which I heard is not in the Venture Shield. Can anyone confirm that?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Dennis,

Thanks Doc...just got off the phone with John over at Xpert...real nice guy, very informative and gave me a pretty fair price for Xpel paint protection and window tint. So it looks like they like to use the Xpel products over the others. Plus the Xpel factory is in San Antonio and thats all they do is paint protection. Seems to be a good 8mil product...

I owe ya lunch next time out...as far as the Z of which I speak...ye shall see soon enough my friend.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
My car is protected the ventureshield film, no orange hue to it at all!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Your car is black go with either and you should be fine. GooD luck

Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
what's the best film for wht cars. I had 3m on my turbo and within 3years is was as yellow as can be!!! what about venture sheild?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
It's only a covette for gods sake.Just use scotch tape.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
It's only a covette for gods sake.Just use scotch tape.
I thought about it ya big Ox but was scared it would pull the paint off.

If you weren't so damn big I'd...

Last edited by DJ'sZ; 11-17-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Dennis will be running the Texas Mile in Mar. with no fancy blue tape all over the car.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
What is a Covette? Is GM so cash strapped that they can no longer afford R's?

I heard that they can weave a bunch of Mullet trimmings into a nice bra cover for the Covette, Dennis, check that out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.