996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OT: Site Advertisement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
No naked men on my screen, but I hate the ads that flash and agree with wross, not a good way to get my mod $. I think the site suffers from trashy flashing ads and would STRONGLY encourage mods to do away with that direction. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
you can stop flashing if you hit Esc but why do we have to do that?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riverflyer
No naked men on my screen, but I hate the ads that flash and agree with wross, not a good way to get my mod $. I think the site suffers from trashy flashing ads and would STRONGLY encourage mods to do away with that direction. Thanks.
There has been a whole surge of posts, polls and comments about this... and one reply from Internet Brands (the owners) in response. Essentially 'tough luck'.

Unfortunately even though the Mods may not like it, they are the "unhired help" and have no voice either.

If you think being a Moderator is a thankless task, imagine how these guys feel: they put their time and energy into this community to create a particular environment, and IB comes in and guts it... vendor by vendor, change by change, one flashing ad at a time.

Or maybe I have it wrong....

A

Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Rennlist here we come ....

Old 11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Rennlist here we come ....
Uh, Internet Brands purchased Rennlist too.

Can't wait to see how they 'productize' that forum.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ard
There has been a whole surge of posts, polls and comments about this... and one reply from Internet Brands (the owners) in response. Essentially 'tough luck'.

Unfortunately even though the Mods may not like it, they are the "unhired help" and have no voice either.

If you think being a Moderator is a thankless task, imagine how these guys feel: they put their time and energy into this community to create a particular environment, and IB comes in and guts it... vendor by vendor, change by change, one flashing ad at a time.

Or maybe I have it wrong....

A
\
That, my friend, is an ugly picture! Live and die by the internet. Maybe if they get enough feedback they will see it differently.
Funny, I always imagined one guy or a small group owning this and lovingly overseeing its growth!!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I have a friend who deals with someone at Internet Brands. My friend is an admin on one of their larger car forums. Maybe he can push a little to see if it will help. What is funny is that they did not change that site at all. I personally hate the new layout and all the adds, but they have to make money some how....

Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
The new layout sucks for me. Maybe I need to update my browser but everytime I want to read a thread I have to scroll down through EVERY vendor ad on the left hand side before getting to the thread. I'm about done with 6speed.

If the forum owners don't listen to their CUSTOMERS, then they will lose them. We are the indirect customers here as their vendor sponsors will choose to no longer pay if the site does not generate ROI in the form of increased revenue that can be attributed to their advertisements!!!! Wake up, guys!!! You are sleeping at the wheel and the exodus has begun! I love 6speed but this is getting annoying!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kato
The new layout sucks for me. Maybe I need to update my browser but everytime I want to read a thread I have to scroll down through EVERY vendor ad on the left hand side before getting to the thread. I'm about done with 6speed.

If the forum owners don't listen to their CUSTOMERS, then they will lose them. We are the indirect customers here as their vendor sponsors will choose to no longer pay if the site does not generate ROI in the form of increased revenue that can be attributed to their advertisements!!!! Wake up, guys!!! You are sleeping at the wheel and the exodus has begun! I love 6speed but this is getting annoying!
That's strange I like the layout especially when browsing on the iPhone. Since I scroll on the right side. I no longer hit any random banner ad. PLus I don't have to scroll past any ads when browsing on my MacBook Pro. Maybe your screen resolution should be reset to something higher than 800 x 600.

Just a thought.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
It's not my resolution settings. It's lazy programming...

The old site worked perfectly on my laptop (Sony Vaio TX770)-mini one.

If the programmers aren't testing in various browsers, they miss simple but critically annoying issues like this.

The sad thing is that I'm viewing in IE, not some crazy new browser that they can't afford to test/program for...

Oh well, hopefully they get it figured out. It's a PITA to surf this way for me for now so I just don't!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
New set up is simply bull****