996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

X73 Motor mounts - impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
X73 Motor mounts - impressions

Just wondering who all has installed the X73 motor mounts, and what you think of them. Noticable change in...shift feel? power delivery? vibration into the cabin?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-02-2004, 09:35 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Just took my car back from the dealer. Had the motor mounts plus GT3 sways, Cup car front brake ducts, and rear GT2 brake ducts.

It felt stiffer but that might be because I gave them back the Audi A8 loaner I got. That thing is comfortable!

I need to drive it some more to begin to get a better sense of the changes, if any. I'll post my impressions as soon as I feel I have noticed a difference.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Banned
Slate TT03 is infamous around these parts
I installed X73 motomounts before I changed the suspension and took my car for a drive to get a feel for the effect of motormounts with stock suspension. The car felt more solid and the exhaust sound in the cabin attained a "metalic" higher frequncy tone - I like it. The shifing (I have B&M short shifter) appears to be improved as well. After driving X73 setup (mounts+suspension) for 3,000 mi I realy like it - great handling, exellent control in turns, comfortable, unless you encounter inperfection in the pawment.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Slate TT03
I installed X73 motomounts before I changed the suspension and took my car for a drive to get a feel for the effect of motormounts with stock suspension. The car felt more solid and the exhaust sound in the cabin attained a "metalic" higher frequncy tone - I like it. The shifing (I have B&M short shifter) appears to be improved as well. After driving X73 setup (mounts+suspension) for 3,000 mi I realy like it - great handling, exellent control in turns, comfortable, unless you encounter inperfection in the pawment.
Since you're local I was wondering if I could impose upon you to possibly give me a little ride... I've had customers ask me so many times about those and without a good ride, I don't know what to tell them

Old 09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Who let the dogs out...
If you get that ride...

Originally posted by sharkster
Since you're local I was wondering if I could impose upon you to possibly give me a little ride... I've had customers ask me so many times about those and without a good ride, I don't know what to tell them
And if you get that ride, please post impressions here. I won't be installing mine until some time next week, or the week after.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2004, 05:06 AM
RBenedon is infamous around these parts
x-73 motor mounts

I had the x-73 suspension and motor mounts installed about 2 months ago. Everything works great. I had the work done by Mike Schatz Schatz Motor Sports

Old 09-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Who let the dogs out...
I had them installed, but I can't say I notice any difference at all. Maybe I am just not attuned enough. <shrug>

Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
Do you need the X73 motormount with the X73 suspension? I just got the suspension. Is this something extra to buy??

Old 09-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Yes, it comes with the X73 suspension package, but you can buy it separately if you don't want to get the entire package.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Pardon my basic question, but what precisely are the X73 motor mounts supposed to do and how are they supposed to improve performance? How is the car supposed to feel differently?

Thanks,

Craig

Old 09-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by Craig
Pardon my basic question, but what precisely are the X73 motor mounts supposed to do and how are they supposed to improve performance? How is the car supposed to feel differently?

The stiffer motor mounts reduce the torque induced movement of the engine, providing quicker power coming on throttle and more stability in turns. They also make for crisper shifts when changing gears. The stiffer motor mounts are part of the X73 suspension...comes as part of the X73 package when ordered from the factory (European Turbos only) or when ordered after market.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Thanks Dock . . . how much are they alone, and from whom can I purchase them?

Craig

Old 09-24-2004, 01:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Craig
Thanks Dock . . . how much are they alone, and from whom can I purchase them?

Craig
You can order them from any Porsche dealer... or Gert sells them also. Nice and easy install... I think this is something 6 speeders will feel/benefit more from than us Craig.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:01 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Any other aftermarket motor mounts available, or is X73 pretty much the only way to go?

Old 09-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I remember there are a few different places that make them. It's not a "big" job to do them... When I got a ride locally in a car with the X73 motor mounts, I have to say I was suprised at how unoticeable they were. I've riddin in many an M3 with solid motor mounts that you REALLY feel between shifts...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X73 Motor mounts - impressions