996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

508 REAL HP at the WHEELS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
I don't understand why is everyone automatically assuming a tuner is at fault in this post??? Here's how I'm reading it.

1. After some mods he got an Ultimate flash- was very happy
2.Glutch gave out.
3. New clutch- everything is great again
4. Car starts to run funny and lights come on.
5. Local mechanix cant figure ****.
6. He goes to Tim as he is local.
7. Tim fixes the underlying problems and dynos the car.
8. He is very pleased with the way Tim does business.
9. I don't see if Tim did any mods or just dyno or repairs as it is not clear if the 508WHP is a result of Kevins flash and Tims repairs or something extra that Tim did???

I don't see no bashing. Just a little bit of great area of who should get credit for what.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
anyone know what kevin gets for his program don't know what stage . what should i expect with these mods .
euro pipe loud
scargo lg headers
evo ics
giac flash
piping to tuobos
keving ltfw
racing clutch
evo air box
red hose kit
race gas

Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
What happened to the OP?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Who's slamming Switzer?

sorry, that is why I asked because even though the posts were funny, it was either an inside joke or bash. I presume from your response that it was a joke.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Ridin, Ridin, Ridin...
Keep them nuts a ridin
Nutride

Tim Switzer he's a missin
AW dyno and a tunin
Now Tim is ridin by his side

Nutride!

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Was it difficult typing that with your tongue on Tim's nuts?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
n00bs

Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I wrote a much longer version of Nutride for Jamie Carter a while back...Noob

Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I wrote a much longer version of Nutride for Jamie Carter a while back...Noob

I read that one and it was, however, I read back through most of the op 110 postings and there is no mention of a history of him and that tuner, hence the question.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adam699
I don't understand why is everyone automatically assuming a tuner is at fault in this post??? Here's how I'm reading it.

1. After some mods he got an Ultimate flash- was very happy
2.Glutch gave out.
3. New clutch- everything is great again
4. Car starts to run funny and lights come on.
5. Local mechanix cant figure ****.
6. He goes to Tim as he is local.
7. Tim fixes the underlying problems and dynos the car.
8. He is very pleased with the way Tim does business.
9. I don't see if Tim did any mods or just dyno or repairs as it is not clear if the 508WHP is a result of Kevins flash and Tims repairs or something extra that Tim did???

I don't see no bashing. Just a little bit of great area of who should get credit for what.
Agreed.

Some owners don't know what they are doing and just bring the car to mechanics and write checks. All they want is the car to run without issues and really don't have the capacity or interest to get into details. They don't ask about codes, nor do they even ask what was done to fix the car.

Frustrating to not know what codes there were. (Plugs? Coils?)

Also wonder if Switzer just fixed bad parts or did something else.

A

PS Did UMW help you when you called to get troubleshooting help? Or did we just rely on local guys prior to switzer?

Old 11-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
As I've posted elsewhere about my own "tuner vs. indy shop" fiasco, more often than not it is the ego of the indy shop that gets in the way of them being able to help fix a car tuned by someone out of the area.

Often, In trying to help resolve situations for his customers, Kevin can lose patience and become a bit abrassive, due in no small part to the lack of understanding of the person on the other end of the phone (ie ME).

I often caution potentially new customers that they aren't going to get that nice slick sales package from Kevin that you get from others trying to sell their wares. Kevin is upfront and honest with his opinions and that can put people off.

That said, He's always bailed me out (as have others here) and has been loyal to his customers in their time of need, not just there during the sale, but helping thru out the relationship between car and owner.

I've heard nothing but good about Tym S. and Todd at Proto, and from what I gather, they're all three cut from the same cloth.

Mike

Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
++ 1 ^^^.

good post!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
if your bored... im in MI and ill run ya
LMAO Tim , cmon man , how would that be fair ? like taking candy from a little kid

Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Also to my understanding the op never even contacted kevin with this whole issue , there could of been several things wrong.

Also, did switzer start tuning his own cars ? or is he still using proto tunes ?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
As I've posted elsewhere about my own "tuner vs. indy shop" fiasco, more often than not it is the ego of the indy shop that gets in the way of them being able to help fix a car tuned by someone out of the area.

Often, In trying to help resolve situations for his customers, Kevin can lose patience and become a bit abrassive, due in no small part to the lack of understanding of the person on the other end of the phone (ie ME).

I often caution potentially new customers that they aren't going to get that nice slick sales package from Kevin that you get from others trying to sell their wares. Kevin is upfront and honest with his opinions and that can put people off.

That said, He's always bailed me out (as have others here) and has been loyal to his customers in their time of need, not just there during the sale, but helping thru out the relationship between car and owner.

I've heard nothing but good about Tym S. and Todd at Proto, and from what I gather, they're all three cut from the same cloth.

Mike
excellent post................................

Old 11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmym3
LMAO Tim , cmon man , how would that be fair ? like taking candy from a little kid
hey im misfiring on one cylinder

Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
This coming from someone with 91 posts? I's say go sell crazy elsewhere, but you dont even have 100 posts to do so :-)

drh

Originally Posted by drh
n00bs

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 11-23-2008 at 09:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 508 REAL HP at the WHEELS!!!!