996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone using Denso Iridium spark plugs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 07:51 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone using Denso Iridium spark plugs...

Number IK22? I just pulled them after my engine failure (w/8 miles on them.) I was hoping they might give me a clue to which cylinder failed but they all looked normal. Upon close inspection I found something unusual. The spark plugs out of cylinders 1, 3, & 6 had a problem. The porcelain sleeve around the electrode coming out of the plug where all broken away from the plug and slide up and down the electrode all the way to the tip. Could this have caused my problem... maybe ran too lean because of the lack of spark from the plugs???

Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Running tool lean may have caused it but I think we need more experts on this case. I am also using the same, nothing yet. How many miles did you put on these?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned
speedwerks is infamous around these partsspeedwerks is infamous around these parts
Not going to run lean from lack of spark. Either not going to burn at all (no spark), or incomplete combustion (delayed spark past TDC, valves opening, etc.). But running lean or serious detonation may have caused the damage to the plugs (ie, the plugs are the symptom, not the cause).

Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedwerks
Not going to run lean from lack of spark. Either not going to burn at all (no spark), or incomplete combustion (delayed spark past TDC, valves opening, etc.). But running lean or serious detonation may have caused the damage to the plugs (ie, the plugs are the symptom, not the cause).
Thanks! Yes I used them for 8 miles. I did a plug change as well as the K24/18g, 5 bar FPR upgrade.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
plugs won't cause this. This kit you bought from Titan was tuned by proto or Epl?their is no need for the greddy as the stock internal wastgates can be controlled by the ecu.