996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT max speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
996TT max speed?

As I have posted before, I will be going to Germany to live/work in less than a month and shortly thereafter will be acquiring a stock US-Spec 996TT. I know the top speed for a stock turbo is 192 mph but could it hit 200+ mph after being flashed with no other mods? Cheers.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
As I have posted before, I will be going to Germany to live/work in less than a month and shortly thereafter will be acquiring a stock US-Spec 996TT. I know the top speed for a stock turbo is 192 mph but could it hit 200+ mph after being flashed with no other mods? Cheers.

If the flash raised the redline you might be able to come closer to 200mph. I dont know if a flash would give you enought HP to make it to 200 though.

I think 192 is at the stock redline in 6th gear.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
Not that it's a big difference, but I thought the stock max speed was listed at 189mph in the manuals?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Semantics. Does it really matter at that speed unless your'e running up against Veyrons or cars of that sort. Be safe & have fun over there.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
189 mph stock redline (6750) with stock tire circumference.

It takes alot more power than you think to cut through the wind at 200 mph
(and alot more TIME if you are not 700 HP+)

Good luck!

MK

Old 11-25-2008, 04:43 PM
jeff4774 is infamous around these parts
slow down if you are thinking of attempting those speeds...save it for the track/speedway....we want a safe holiday season.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
have a video doing 326kms on stock k16s with flash Dv's exhasut and short throw shifter. Car felt good, had a bit more i think...but I ran out of road....

Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
My speedometer has never agreed with my Performance Box. I don't know which is right. The spread is greater as speed increases.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Norton
My speedometer has never agreed with my Performance Box. I don't know which is right. The spread is greater as speed increases.
I would think that your speedometer is more correct at high speed. I believe the PB takes snapshots 10 times/sec. When you go faster, 10 times may not be enough. just IMO.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Porsche speedos almost always read high. I have tested several cars with both P Box and a hand held radar. Both say 2-3mph faster on the speedo than the measuring device at normal speeds. I think the error increases with higher speeds.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:13 PM
jimq is infamous around these parts
my 964 agrees with my GPS but the TT is like above 2-3 mph higher then actual. Saves those tickets.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
I agree ... 2-3 MPH off from my GPS
Top speed so far on two lane blacktop is 150MPH on GPS

Old 11-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I can confirm, but will not release GPS data that shows 205.4mph top speed of a UMW K16/24 combo with UMW wastegate springs and 5 bar FPR.

I believe the car had more in it, but according to the data and the driver the road conditions were rapidly changing and the driver had to reduce speed.

Mike

Old 11-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I can confirm, but will not release GPS data that shows 205.4mph top speed of a UMW K16/24 combo with UMW wastegate springs and 5 bar FPR.

I believe the car had more in it, but according to the data and the driver the road conditions were rapidly changing and the driver had to reduce speed.

Mike
Mike,
Did the car have stock wheels and redline?

Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
That's funny. You were thinking of doing close to 200mph on the Autobahn ?
Here's a picture taken from my Viper.
Meet the cloggies (Dutch people on vacation).

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT max speed?