996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First Gen Evolution Motorsports Exhaust Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 04:20 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Question First Gen Evolution Motorsports Exhaust Question?

Does anyone else have the first generation Evolution Motorsports exhaust? As I've posted in the past, I've been having issues with mine. I bought it from a fellow 6Speeder knowing the weld was cracked open on the can. I had it rewelded and it cracked again after a week. I then added a stainless patch over the area and rewelded and plug welded for added strength. It held up a bit longer but, alas, it cracked again after about three weeks.

The exhaust has a pretty strong resonation at about 3800 RPM's and I think this resonation is tearing the can apart. I'm out of ideas on how to fix it. Otherwise, I like the design, in that it has flexible tubes from the cats to the silencer can. This makes alignment for installation much easier.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Is this why they're not making it anymore? I'm in no way saying Evolution should be responsible because I bought it used from someone else...not directly from Evo.

I've put the OEM exhaust back on for now, but it's just too quiet, yada yada yada. Does anyone have any ideas?.... Or if someone wants to buy it from me to give the repair a go, I'd be glad to give them a smoking deal on it. Maybe there's some exhaust experts out there that could solve this problem and get themselves a nice exhaust with a little work.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:26 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Anyone?