996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What was your first car - Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
I think im the only one who still has there first car. It was bonestock then though.
Matt

Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mattheissengine
my first car...a 65 mustang. My uncle gave it to me when I was 13 because his sons hit a tree when the brakes went out. My Dad and I repaired it, using all new original parts. When I was 15, I hit our house in the same place it had been damaged before, the brakes went out! So we repaired it again, using some replacement body parts this time, and it was prepped for new paint (bumpers removed) just as I turned 16. It's maiden voyage was to school.....on the way home, the hood flew up blinding me and bending the hood. I gently eased off the road and slowed down. It would have been fine, but about 15 feet before stopping there was a sign post which I couldn't see due to the hood on the windshield. It hit in the same place as the previous excursions. We gave up, we traded it pretty quickly after that.
strike three, yer out!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
out of high school, got me a 1985 Hyundai Excel...being a korean decent, i thought i was paying homage...girlfriend liked the car though...soft velour-like backseat to make out...hehe.

my monthly payment was something like $125...the car was $4995 new!

went to college and couldn't make the payments so i got it repossessed after a couple of years....that crap followed me for seven years!

bought a used IROC Z28 after that...you guys remember Louvers? white Z28 with white louvers...what a guido...

thanks for bringing back memories...

Old 12-04-2008, 01:01 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
When I was 15... I purchased a 1968 VW Beetle for $250.00 that didn't run. My Dad and I rebuilt the motor and I had it for about 6 months when I wanted something faster. So at the age of sixteen and against my Dad's wishes I bought my first muscle car... a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 w/351C 4V/FMX & drag pack 391 rear end... yee-ha!!! Looking back on it... my first two cars were really nothing more than a preview of things to come! then... now...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Rick's 70 Mach 1187.pdf (145.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Sterrico is infamous around these parts
Wow what a great thread..........

This brings back some memories for me. My first car was a great 1983 Nissan Sentra hatchback. I got into an accident in my high school parking lot and showered my friends in the back with safety glass.

Repaired it and all was well till it lost a front end battle with a school bus (my step father's doing!). May she rest in peace!

Looked something like the car below. Don't know if you can see it. It's only 9.6KB!

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !

Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Sterrico is infamous around these parts
Oh snap! I just got smoked. Someone got a Metro! Ok no one can post anymore. This beats them all!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Destructo is infamous around these partsDestructo is infamous around these parts
The first car i bought was a 1990 Mercury Cougar XR7 Supercharged. What a fun car. It was mint, then the tranny took a dump. I sold it, then two months later the kid i sold it too, wrecked it. Rebuilt it, then wrecked it again. Sad ending for such a great car.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I had the big balla Metro the Xfi 3 cylinders 55 hp...

Old 02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Suzuki Side Kick (no Pics)

We sold it when some group from south america were buying a bunch of them above resale value and taking them down there.

It was sold with GAY RIGHTS keyed in large letters into the hood because I had a rainbow air freshener in the car that I had no idea meant gay. Happened at my high school. I was on the hunt for two weeks to find who did it when a buddy told me that was what the rainbows meant.

Yes I led a sheltered life.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Tifoso is infamous around these parts
RiA, that shot was taken out at the Verde wasn't it? I'm from there originally, and in SF now as well.

My first car was an '83 Audi 5000s. Mine had a tendency to run hot and it only lasted one summer in Phoenix until the head warped.

This one's not mine, but it looks the same:

Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
My first car was a 1979 VW Rabbit, Yellow with brown and orange racing stripes and a snake on the sides and graphics that read "SIDEWINDER 2"

After that Rabbit I had another one... a GTI

Then I started with the Porsches

Here is a pic of my 914 that I got when I was 17...this picture was taken after my brother had crashed it and it had seen better days for sure.

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
My first car was a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere II. It was my dad's car and used to bring me home from the hospital when I was born. Needless to say, it was high mileage and had seen it's better days when I inherited it. It had no a/c, no radio, no defroster, lots of rust and tended to die a half a dozen times when trying to start it. However it did have a nice little 318 V8 that scooted along. We affectionately called it rinky dink.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
1990 Suzuki Swift GTi - 1.3L, 101hp, 1800lbs, i thought the car was the fastest thing on the planet...lol

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
MechanicalEng is infamous around these parts
1995 Dodge Caravan... sold her for $300 @ 100k miles..I had no game

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What was your first car - Pictures