996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PPI in Griffin, GA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Here are my thoughts...

Originally Posted by thth
Any input would be fully appreciate!

First, this car has CPO warranty from Fidelity warranty services till' June 2010 (or 80k miles), which has $100 deductible, it's called gold plus, and transferable. How good Fidelity warranty services do when needed (the Fidelity customer rep told that it does include electrical problems also such door switches, CD player, radio system)? Sounds like are they too good...to be true?

I was looking at a car with Fidelity warranty and I called them both times to get a better understanding of what the warranty covers and they seemed pretty rude. I "felt" that if something were to happen to my car, they would fight it all the way. Also, I have read some bad things about Fidelity. With all that said, there has been another thread on here about aftermarket warranties and a couple of people had good experiences with Fidelity. In my opinion, I wouldn't make the warranty a "deal-breaker" but it's better to have than not.

Second, the current owner has driven 6k miles over 2 and 1/2 years, this turbo has serviced at Hennessy Porsche, according to the record, it did not have any problem excepted rear spoiler but which already fixed. Should I go ahead without PPI? If you think I can, then I will drive it home this afternoon.....my husband gets so excited because he has been wanted Porsche for a long long time....and I was say no every time because of his driving habit....too fast that ended up with speeding tickets one after one.

Get the PPI... it's a very cheap (considering) way of getting to know the history of the car. I'm beginning to realize more and more NOT to buy/trust a turbo from a dealership that sold/serviced the turbo. I looked at two turbos and both times, the selling dealership pushed the car on me (one had paint work and they said not to worry and the other...well, you read about it on rennlist). Ideally, get a PPI by an indy place but if not, at least get a PPI to see any errors/codes. If there are any issues and the dealership still gives it a green light, have them document it via email or even write it on the PPI report if possible.

Edwin

Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 AM
thth is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joyride
I would definitely get a PPI... No reason not to for a peace of mind.
Additionally, I have heard of good things reg. Fidelity Warranty but have no personal experiences with them.
I think it will be handy if you have "major" problems like tranny/engine issues. Most likely wear and tear is not covered. (ie. clutch)
Speeding tickets? Cops will try to pull you over just for looking "fast".
Much appreciate for your input!

Just talked to Ryland, he seems very nice ! I am impress!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by M32
Here are my thoughts...

Get the PPI... it's a very cheap (considering) way of getting to know the history of the car. I'm beginning to realize more and more NOT to buy/trust a turbo from a dealership that sold/serviced the turbo. I looked at two turbos and both times, the selling dealership pushed the car on me (one had paint work and they said not to worry and the other...well, you read about it on rennlist). Ideally, get a PPI by an indy place but if not, at least get a PPI to see any errors/codes. If there are any issues and the dealership still gives it a green light, have them document it via email or even write it on the PPI report if possible.

Edwin
Edwin,

Appreciated for your sharing!

After read your post, am sure now wanted PPI for it!
I just make an appointment with Ryland's to have it PPI by tomorrow before noon.
This turbo from individual seller, and he is not that young. So, hope that he was not abused the car at all. Although, my husband has tested it yesterday and he was the one abuse it not the current owner .

Let you all know by tomorrow....

Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
by the way, Mr. Ryland told me it takes 2 hours, which includes DME dump as Adam has been recommended many times, overrev test, code reading, etc. And all that costs total for $186....this is indeed very good spending as far as his reputation all over internet.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
I have Fidelity and had the dreaded power steering whine. Payed my $100 deductible and Fidelity took care of the rest. No issues with them at all.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by 996twin_sc
I have Fidelity and had the dreaded power steering whine. Payed my $100 deductible and Fidelity took care of the rest. No issues with them at all.
That's good to hear!

Thank you for sharing!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
the PPI just done. Mr. Ryland told that the current seller has taking very good care of it!

Am now waiting its printed out from Ryland's, then go to the bank dig a hole into my saving account and drive the benz to pick up my Porsche since it almost 2 hours away........what you say...again?......I say....turbo.....Porsche

....see all of you tonight

Old 12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Nice.

Pictures of course!

A

Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Thank you so much Adam !

You and Edwin told me it is better to wait for private seller, especially local seller would be my best bet as Edwin mentioned couple times. That was made me thinking, and after deputydog95 went to look the yellow turbo in Tampa and reported back.

Will post some pictures soon after he allows to wash his turbo tomorrow before 10am (the city where we live restricts on water usage).

Old 12-05-2008, 08:30 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on your new purchase.
At least you can wash you car....
My city -> absolutely no car washing.