996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PPI in Griffin, GA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
thth is infamous around these parts
Arrow PPI in Griffin, GA

Hello All,

Am about to see the 2002 turbo, which is about 1 and 1/2 hours from where I live. If I see what I like, then PPI will immediately follow right at the spot.

Any recommendation for PPI around Griffin, GA, is greatly appreciate.
(Unsure that the seller willing to drive it to Atlanta since that is 1hour away from the car's location. He probably does not want to put many mileage on if I refuse to buy later.)

Regards

Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I just made appointment to see the car tomorrow.
Your input is fully appreciate.
Please recommend me who does a good ppi even in Atlanta (I think I have to make the seller agrees to drive that far for the car's PPI. Otherwise, no deal will be made).

Thank you

Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Where is the car located.....Griffin? Or is that where you are located? I'm in SC.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I am in duluth, ga.

The car locates about 15' from Griffin, Ga.
Thank you

By the way, where is your shop? and who are you, if you don't mind?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thth
I am in duluth, ga.

The car locates about 15' from Griffin, Ga.
Thank you

By the way, where is your shop? and who are you, if you don't mind?
I don't own a shop. Just a fellow 6speed member and figured maybe I could lend a hand.....seems as if your about 4 hours away.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by 996twin_sc
I don't own a shop. Just a fellow 6speed member and figured maybe I could lend a hand.....seems as if your about 4 hours away.
Very nice of you!

Much appreciated for offering!

I will self check its physical condition. And if it tastes to my liking, I do need a indy shop around there for PPI.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 AM
can't believe no recommendation for PPI around Atlanta ?!

I guess I am on my own then.

Thanks anyway !

Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Around atlanta - I would go to Hennessy and ask for Matt. or Franz Blam racing/Kinetic/J3...

Old 12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by joyride
Around atlanta - I would go to Hennessy and ask for Matt. or Franz Blam racing/Kinetic/J3...
Sincerely appreciated for your input.

I talked to the service manager at Hennessy before twice about CPO warranty on pre-owned, he is very nice and honest. Unlike Jim Elliss Porsche, the service manager was so hateful over the phone. No wonder the lady answered the phone was the same.

Although, Hennessy Porsche may charge higher compare with independent shop.
I just read some posts of pelican forums, they are most recommended Ryland, or Franc Bazm. Both of these places are 85 minutes away from the car's location. Unsure, the seller is willing to drive that far.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Why not make the PPI the last item to be done prior to closing the sale? It might alleviate any concerns the seller has... You go look at the car, make sure it meets YOUR criteria, make a small downpayment which it refundable contingent on the PPI.

If he knows the PPI is the last item, after which he gets the final check, he might be more willing.

If you are asking him to drive 190 miles for you to get a PPI and take the first look, I'd probably say no as well...

GL

A

Old 12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you Ard.

I went to see it today.......

and

.....people, am just got back and proud myself that I finally found the car to my liking....however, have to wait until tomorrow to talk to Ryland's or Jack Lewis to do PPI on it.....cant wait....

Old 12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Crossing my fingers for you. Bet you don't sleep tonight. Good luck on the purchase.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Crossing my fingers for you. Bet you don't sleep tonight. Good luck on the purchase.
Thank you so much for thoughtfulness!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Any input would be fully appreciate!

First, this car has CPO warranty from Fidelity warranty services till' June 2010 (or 80k miles), which has $100 deductible, it's called gold plus, and transferable. How good Fidelity warranty services do when needed (the Fidelity customer rep told that it does include electrical problems also such door switches, CD player, radio system)? Sounds like are they too good...to be true?

Second, the current owner has driven 6k miles over 2 and 1/2 years, this turbo has serviced at Hennessy Porsche, according to the record, it did not have any problem excepted rear spoiler but which already fixed. Should I go ahead without PPI? If you think I can, then I will drive it home this afternoon.....my husband gets so excited because he has been wanted Porsche for a long long time....and I was say no every time because of his driving habit....too fast that ended up with speeding tickets one after one.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
I would definitely get a PPI... No reason not to for a peace of mind.
Additionally, I have heard of good things reg. Fidelity Warranty but have no personal experiences with them.
I think it will be handy if you have "major" problems like tranny/engine issues. Most likely wear and tear is not covered. (ie. clutch)
Speeding tickets? Cops will try to pull you over just for looking "fast".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PPI in Griffin, GA