996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nice kill today and almost went to Jail....No Video this time!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Very lucky. At least it was a fix it ticket and not a street racing (competition of speed) ticket.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Tell me about it bro. Don't worry I have seen those days too with my GSXR when I went from Burbank to Springs in 50 minutes.

Originally Posted by GSlider
Very lucky. At least it was a fix it ticket and not a street racing (competition of speed) ticket.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:43 AM
98Camaro is infamous around these parts
Little Man Syndrom

Well I am the slow camaro "ART" is talking about. Just though I would set the story straight since I saw other Camaros on the forum. I showed up on Sunday to check out the cars with a few of my buddies, 1 GTO and 1 STI. Never said anything about racing until one of the guys in a porche got upset about my licence plate frame( guess who ), which by the way says, "Porches for lunch and Farraris for dinner". I guess he felt like he had something to prove. Art was the one that wanted to race and I said why not... Your car is worth at least 50 grand more than mine. So we took off for a drive. I guess he was not running race gas but everytime he got in front of me on the canyon road it smelled like I was following a jet plane.( Oh and I know he keeps his car clean but what does the white residue around the exaust tips mean?!?! I guess he washed his car and forgot to clean the tips. No race gas my ***. ) Anyway to the race.... We started at 40 (he got that part right) in second, I got a little jump 1/2 car, no lag b/c supercharged and then we were dead even to 120 MPH at which point he did pull 1/2 a car ahead. Now at that speed it is important to stay in your lane so when Art came over the line towards me to cut the banking left turn I proceeded to pull towards the middle over the double yellow and he pulled another 1/2 car. Then "reallity" as he says kicked in at about 135. Cop. So you guys decide. Doesn't sound like 10 car lenghts to me. He has a fast car but he is a lot of talk.
I have nothing to prove I drive a '98 Camaro. You give me another $50,000 and we will see who wins. But, nothing bugs me more than a guy in a forum trying to prove his dick is bigger than the next. Oh... and Art I do have a video, it shows me even with you till 120 and the Viper falls back before we let off. Just like in the video you posted on Youtube. If anyone wants to see let me know.
Interested to see what this brews up!

~T

Last edited by 98Camaro; 12-09-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 98Camaro
Well I am the slow camaro "ART" is talking about. Just though I would set the story straight since I saw other Camaros on the forum. I showed up on Sunday to check out the cars with a few of my buddies, 1 GTO and 1 STI. Never said anything about racing until one of the guys in a porche got upset about my licence plate frame( guess who ), which by the way says, "Porches for lunch and Farraris for dinner". I guess he felt like he had something to prove. Art was the one that wanted to race and I said why not... Your car is worth at least 50 grand more than mine. So we took off for a drive. I guess he was not running race gas but everytime he got in front of me on the canyon road it smelled like I was following a jet plane.( Oh and I know he keeps his car clean but what does the white residue around the exaust tips mean?!?! I guess he washed his car and forgot to clean the tips. No race gas my ***. ) Anyway to the race.... We started at 40 (he got that part right) in second, I got a little jump 1/2 car, no lag b/c supercharged and then we were dead even to 120 MPH at which point he did pull 1/2 a car ahead. Now at that speed it is important to stay in your lane so when Art came over the line towards me to cut the banking left turn I proceeded to pull towards the middle over the double yellow and he pulled another 1/2 car. Then "reallity" as he says kicked in at about 135. Cop. So you guys decide. Doesn't sound like 10 car lenghts to me. He has a fast car but he is a lot of talk.
I have nothing to prove I drive a '98 Camaro. You give me another $50,000 and we will see who wins. But, nothing bugs me more than a guy in a forum trying to prove his dick is bigger than the next. Oh... and Art I do have a video, it shows me even with you till 120 and the Viper falls back before we let off. Just like in the video you posted on Youtube. If anyone wants to see let me know.

~T

Post the evidence...

Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 98Camaro

~T

chill dude, he was on his low setting. And yes for 50k you can make your car scary fast in a straight line and with slicks.

You will see this kinda talk on all forums, so don't take it so personal. All forums do it. ZO6 guys will post their kills on other brands including p-cars. Go any any forum, Sti, Evo, Supra and you will see them post their kills. so don't take it so personal. When a car designed for handling can stay with or beat a car designed mainly for straight line, that is something. No slam against your car, I am sure it is nice and I like camaros and firebirds and there are some killer cars out there.

it's all good...

Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Do I smell a rematch?

Oh yeah, still need video...

Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Why is it anytime someone loses, money becomes the issue. 1/2 car length, 10 lengths, whatever. Man up - you lost suckah!

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 12-09-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spell check inop
Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Why is it anytime someone loses, money becomes the issue. 1/2 car lenght, 10 lenghts, whatever, man up you lost suckah!

Also, why was the guy in the camaro video taping if he wasn't going to brag about shutting down a p-car himself, keeping videos for posterity. ...sounds to me that someones panties got in a bunch over this. Face it, if you had won, mr camaro, that video would be all over youtube..I wanna see the video as well, it shows him getting shut down by a turbo on low boost.....

Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
It is cool, I guess we have to ask people behind us like Will and Mike. If I turn up the boost a couple of notches you will no longer be behind me, I probably won't be able to see you anymore. Sorry, you asked for it and got served. Now take off that frame and give it to someone that has more *****.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Skooter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by art4iza
It is cool, I guess we have to ask people behind us like Will and Mike. If I turn up the boost a couple of notches you will no longer be behind me, I probably won't be able to see you anymore. Sorry, you asked for it and got served. Now take off that frame and give it to someone that has more *****.
I was behind you guys and if by 10 car lengths you mean maybe 10 feet then yes by all means your statement is correct, however I am not sure what kind of car is less than 1ft long

Yeah you beat him grats to you. But really who knows what kind of boost you were running other than the passenger in your car. Since your reenactment of the race is way off, I have no reason to trust your memory of the details.

Glad you guys didn't get totally screwed by that cop considering all 3 of you were doing 100+ and were close together.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Prche951
Also, why was the guy in the camaro video taping if he wasn't going to brag about shutting down a p-car himself, keeping videos for posterity. ...sounds to me that someones panties got in a bunch over this. Face it, if you had won, mr camaro, that video would be all over youtube..I wanna see the video as well, it shows him getting shut down by a turbo on low boost.....

We all know the truth is somewhere in the middle, but

Mr Camaro, (if thats your real name), VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Skooter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttboost
We all know the truth is somewhere in the middle, but

Mr Camaro, (if thats your real name), VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEO!!!
I agree the vid is pretty good especially where the guy filming sees the cop and is like oh $hit and drops the camera.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Skooter
I agree the vid is pretty good especially where the guy filming sees the cop and is like oh $hit and drops the camera.

Let's see it!!! Put this thread to rest...

Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Art, that's what you get for being a nice guy and turning low boost. Nice guys always finish one car length ahead, bad guys finish 20.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I am sure the video will tell the Whole story. Post the link and we can be the JUDGE & JURY !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Nice kill today and almost went to Jail....No Video this time!!