996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

16G's vs 18G's in the real world...VIDS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Hello there...i watched the videos many times and the difference between these two cars is not only 25-30hp as stated above...Considering the car lenghts that the k24 was in front they should have a difference of 70hp approx...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Hello there...i watched the videos many times and the difference between these two cars is not only 25-30hp as stated above...Considering the car lenghts that the k24 was in front they should have a difference of 70hp approx...
You are correct. Peak power is only 25-30 hps. Im sure in certain parts of the rpm band it is more.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Look at video 3 and 4. Those are the representative runs. Both cars had issues on runs 1 and 2. Those runs are from the middle of 3rd to the middle of 5th. The results appear to be that the K16/16g car hops ahead until the top of 3rd, then from there until shut down in the middle of fifth, the K24/18g/injector car steadily walks 2-2.5 cars. I would wager to say this is very repeatable.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
You are correct. Peak power is only 25-30 hps. Im sure in certain parts of the rpm band it is more.
and more importantly I think is torque. At those speeds, there is still some torque on the table. One of the biggest advantages of bigger turbos is the big hit of torque and its ability to hold it, or at least hold it longer. But yes the bigger turbo usually has more power everywhere in the curve. In a street race there are many variables that get involved too, shifting, spinning, you know, blah blah blah...

Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DAP
I'd like to come across a Z06 on my commute... its fun being the underdog and surprising some unsuspecting victims.

Hey, I'll play!

BTW, since I'm in the area, if you guys don't have a VBox, and would like to borrow it to get some 60-130 times, let me know, we can meet up.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Dave, did he just smack you in the face with a glove?

on another note, I am very interested in some 60-130 times...

Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
DAP
DAP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vrybad
Hey, I'll play!

BTW, since I'm in the area, if you guys don't have a VBox, and would like to borrow it to get some 60-130 times, let me know, we can meet up.
I'm down. We have a v-box at EPL, it just wasn't in any of the cars for those tests.

Where in CT are you?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
DAP
Originally Posted by ttboost
Dave, did he just smack you in the face with a glove?
Hahaha! I think so.

Sir, I DEMAND satisfaction! :P

Old 12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by DAP
I'm down. We have a v-box at EPL, it just wasn't in any of the cars for those tests.

Where in CT are you?

PM me too...

Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
I'm up in Tolland, how about you and TTBoost?
I'm guessing you both are closer to the Stamford area?

In anything below about 45 degrees, I can blow the tires loose in a 4th gear roll from 80-100mph, so you AWD guys have a great advantage.

I'd have to wait for warmer weather to go at it with you guys.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm in your neck of the woods, Hebron. I have traction issues too, but its all in fun. After a few pulls, tires warm up a little.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
DAP
I live in Middletown, so not too far either.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Damn, we're actually all pretty close to each other!
Cool!
Let's get together for a coffee somewhere, I'd like to check out your cars.

Dave, did I see your car on the pike this weekend, nose off, front mount?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
DAP
Originally Posted by vrybad
Damn, we're actually all pretty close to each other!
Cool!
Let's get together for a coffee somewhere, I'd like to check out your cars.

Dave, did I see your car on the pike this weekend, nose off, front mount?
Nope, wasn't me. My car has a stock bumper on and (upgraded) side mount ICs.

I haven't been out cruising on the pike in over a year. Used to head out there with friends every couple of weeks a few years back.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
That's cool, I saw a blue one like yours, big front mount, with the nose off, just curious.
Occasionally, I get to the big car show at Burger King on Saturday nights down there during the summer.
Mostly domestics, but it draws a good crowd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 16G's vs 18G's in the real world...VIDS!!!