996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

16G's vs 18G's in the real world...VIDS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 PM
DAP
DAP is infamous around these parts
Yup, I've been to the BK show in the past. I'll definitely have to make it out there once it warms up again since I live so close.

Let me know when/where you guys want to meet up.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
This coming Sunday I might be able to hook up for a couple of hours during the day, provided the weather holds.
Looks like it might be 40 or so, cloudy.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
DAP
Originally Posted by vrybad
This coming Sunday I might be able to hook up for a couple of hours during the day, provided the weather holds.
Looks like it might be 40 or so, cloudy.
I should be able to get out for a bit on Sunday, pending approval of the wife and daughter.

I'll have my winter wheels/snow tires on by then (more weight, but better cold traction)... yes, my S4 does winter duty.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:21 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DAP
I should be able to get out for a bit on Sunday, pending approval of the wife and daughter.

I'll have my winter wheels/snow tires on by then (more weight, but better cold traction)... yes, my S4 does winter duty.

I totally understand!
Let's keep in touch towards the weekend, and see what the weather looks like.
If you want, I can shoot you my cell via PM, let me know.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I used to go to BK all the time with all my cars but Ralph booted me this year with the 996, domestic and muscle cars only.I'm leaving for vacation this Friday, my car should be done by the time I get back (22nd). Dave, remind Tony he has a little work to do on my car when Drew is done with the clutch.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Yea, they won't allow any non-domestics into the actual show area, but you can park on the outskirts.
It's been that way for years.
I, too, was told "no" back when I had my 3000GT VR4.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
DAP
Originally Posted by ttboost
Dave, remind Tony he has a little work to do on my car when Drew is done with the clutch.
Will do.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
DAP

I totally understand!
Let's keep in touch towards the weekend, and see what the weather looks like.
If you want, I can shoot you my cell via PM, let me know.
Sounds good to me.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM
PM sent.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM
DAP
PM sent.
Apparently I don't have enough posts to be able to respond to your PM.

I got it though. PM me if you want to meet up.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
You guys might like this
My 20g vs 997GT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy7yBMbxWU8

Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Nice. any dyno numbers or 60-130's? Curious how the 20G's compare to 18G's.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
TT, me too. I am very interested in this as well. I would love to do the 20G swap, but I get hesitant when I hear they are the same, unless you go over 1.2 bar and run race fuel, as that is not my normal use. However, I have also heard that even at near 1.2 bar on 93 pump fuel, they are much faster than the 18G, at that same level of boost and fuel. If this is true, I am more interested.

Can any 20G users comment here about this aspect of the 24/20G turbo?

Old 12-09-2008, 08:15 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
nice, so whos taking the video ? what car they driving ? i gotta meet you guys too. take up all three lanes.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Nice. any dyno numbers or 60-130's? Curious how the 20G's compare to 18G's.
I think 20g's are a nice turbo.
I had them on my VR4, pulled really well, especially on race gas at 27psi!
I never got any acceleration times with it but it was pretty quick.
Regarding IAT's with the 20g turbos, on my particular setup, with a big front mount intercooler, I saw maybe 30-40 degrees above ambient on a long 4th gear pull.
(I'll have to take a look back at some logs.)
Obviously, a different platform, but I think they would work fine, as Markski has said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 16G's vs 18G's in the real world...VIDS!!!