996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

16G's vs 18G's in the real world...VIDS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschenaround
nice, so whos taking the video ? what car they driving ? i gotta meet you guys too. take up all three lanes.
Sounds good.
Where are you located?
We should all get together for a little meet.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DAP
Apparently I don't have enough posts to be able to respond to your PM.

I got it though. PM me if you want to meet up.
Yea, definitely.
Give me a call and we'll put something together.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 AM
DAP
DAP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschenaround
nice, so whos taking the video ? what car they driving ? i gotta meet you guys too. take up all three lanes.
The first videos in the thread? The camera car was my EPL tuned Audi S4. Its no 996TT but it holds its own.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:41 AM
DAP
DAP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vrybad
I think 20g's are a nice turbo.
I had them on my VR4, pulled really well, especially on race gas at 27psi!
I never got any acceleration times with it but it was pretty quick.
Regarding IAT's with the 20g turbos, on my particular setup, with a big front mount intercooler, I saw maybe 30-40 degrees above ambient on a long 4th gear pull.
(I'll have to take a look back at some logs.)
Obviously, a different platform, but I think they would work fine, as Markski has said.
You were using straight 20gs on your VR4, right? I think the concern is that the 20g compressor wheel is too larger for the K24 housing and generates too much heat. Only had one K24/20G car through EPL though, so we haven't been able to verify that conclusively or not.

From the sound of it, there are a few cars here with K24/20Gs that are getting good results.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by DAP
You were using straight 20gs on your VR4, right? I think the concern is that the 20g compressor wheel is too larger for the K24 housing and generates too much heat. Only had one K24/20G car through EPL though, so we haven't been able to verify that conclusively or not.

From the sound of it, there are a few cars here with K24/20Gs that are getting good results.
Yes, they were a Greddy compressor housing with a Mitsubishi TD05 exhaust side.
I had them made by Forced Performance to fit the headers I had on that car.
I had also heard that the 20g wheel created too much heat, but I never had a problem with it.
I am not familiar with the K24 housing, so there may be something to it on your car.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DAP
The first videos in the thread? The camera car was my EPL tuned Audi S4. Its no 996TT but it holds its own.
Modesty among car guys is a rare trait. Especially when it's completely uncalled for because your car is a monster.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by contigo
You guys might like this
My 20g vs 997GT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy7yBMbxWU8
WOW...That's awesome

Is that complete 20g's system?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
WOW...That's awesome

Is that complete 20g's system?
Yeap, Protomotive

Old 12-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by contigo
Yeap, Protomotive
Cool! Any street racing vids?