996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone have accurate pictures of Metropol Blue Interior on a TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have accurate pictures of Metropol Blue Interior on a TT?

I have always wondered if I could live with it, but have never seen it in person (or even decent pics of it). Some pictures make it look Black, others make it look grey, and others look Navy blue. I would love to see an accurate representation of Metropol blue interior if you have it!
Thanks

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
SeattleDL is infamous around these parts
picture

I wasn't looking for the metropol color, but now have it and it's great. You can tell in most light that it's not quite black, but pretty close.

This picture is a reasonable one. Just installed GT3 seats which are black and the center console lid is metropol blue - they contrast a bit... For reference, exterior is seal gray

dave

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
DAve, you are the man! Thank you very much. I found a car that im interested in with metropol interior (unfortunately, the car is not local). I am looking for a black interior however. The price, mileage, condtion, 6-speed, and exterior color are all perfect, but the interior is questionable for me. I went to the local dealer and they dont have any cars in stock with Metropol for me to look at. Do you think its one of those colors that is love/hate? I am putting my recaros (black with alcantara inserts) in the car. Do you think that would be too much of a contrasting eyesore? Again, thank you very much.

EDIT: is the carpet black? or is it also blue?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:52 PM
ekyub is infamous around these partsekyub is infamous around these parts
I I found this car using Search with Metropol on Ebay.

http://www.crestautogroup.net/Vehicl...ges.aspx?id=71

Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
thank you very much! On the darker color, its easy to see that it is totally navy blue and not black at all. Id say that is a deal killer for me. Hopefully, i will get the chance to see it in person sometime soon. Thank you!

Old 12-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
I thought my Turbo had a black interior until I looked at the window sticker--it says Metropol Blue interior. In the thumbnail photo below the steering wheel looks the most blue. In person the wheel looks the same as the rest of the interior--imperceptibly blue. The stitching has more blue in it than any of the surfaces. It's just not detectable unless you know it's there and try to see it. I have never had anyone notice it and say, "Oh the inside is some sort of blue."

I don't know how to explain the interior on the Cabrio in the link above. It's a radically different color from mine and it's obviously blue. My invoice says "metropol blue full leather interior" and "metropol blue floor mats".

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JEFFRE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JEFFRE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Attached Images  

Last edited by 966tt650; 12-09-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:28 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
pictures completely distort the met. blue. You need to see it in person. It's very dark. Unless I tell someone that its "blue" they think it's black. I love it. It gives it just a little more uniqueness than black.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:15 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I had the Metropol blue interior in my 993 and the guy that bought it, dyed everything black and it came out good.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
i'd agree with most here - it looks almost black. My car has grey carpet and is otherwise metropol blue. I put in black gt3 seats and they go just fine.

It really doesn't show up well in pictures...

dave

Old 12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
here's a pic of my seat out of the car. I don't think it's really a love/hate, more of a wow that looks a lot like black. With a cabrio in full light i can see how it might look more blue, and it always looks more blue in pictures.

of course, it's a personal taste thing...

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Here's some pics

http://gallery.me.com/tpupnomad#100031

The color looks blue in one pic but it actually is very dark blue, almost black. 99% of the people who look at my car think it is black.

Good luck.
Roy

Old 12-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Thank you all so much. + rep points to all of you! I have literally spent the last week driving from franchise dealer to franchise dealer just to see what it looks like in person. Apparently, franchise dealers look down on the 996 models and dont have any in stock. I figured that even seeing a 997 with "sea blue" would be a good compromise jsut to get an idea, but none of them even have that!!

I am VERY hesitant to buy a car sight unseen without ever seeing the interior considering i have had my heart set on black interior for so long. The metropol blue could be awesome for me, or it could be a very very bad mistake. I would jsut like to see it in person. My dealer was very helpful and actually gave me a sample of the carpet and the leather, but a 6inch piece of fabric is a lot different than seeing it on a 6foot dash or on all the door panels.

Anyone in south Florida have a metropol interior?

Originally Posted by SeattleDL
i'd agree with most here - it looks almost black. My car has grey carpet and is otherwise metropol blue. I put in black gt3 seats and they go just fine.
It really doesn't show up well in pictures...
dave
Dave, thank you so much! I have a set of black gt3 seats and trying to order an FVD wheel and I was wondering how it would clash. Thanks for the tip! Any pics of the seats in the car?

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tpup
Here's some pics

http://gallery.me.com/tpupnomad#100031

The color looks blue in one pic but it actually is very dark blue, almost black. 99% of the people who look at my car think it is black.

Good luck.
Roy

Roy,. that steering wheel and the trim look like a different shade of blue than the actual dash. Is that the case, or is it just the photos? I can live with it if it is like the shade of the dash, but not the shade of the steering wheel. BTW< can you PM me your contact info? I think I might have a buyer for your car!

EDIT: any shots of the door panels?

Last edited by ExclusiveTT; 12-09-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Flash does that on my natural brown.....probably just a flash issue.

JB

Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Mark,

Here's a few pics of the seats in the car. Let me know if you want a different angle.
The flash emphasizes the blueness a fair amount, but this should give a sense of it.

dave

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have accurate pictures of Metropol Blue Interior on a TT?