996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone can help locate a clean 2005 996TT for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpohl402
I can think of a reason to roll into a 2005-
MUCH upgraded/better radio display screen.......
Same as a 2003/2004 as I understand it...

Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I would take a look at this car. Put 12K in mods (24/18's, exhaust, tuning, headers) and you will have a 570whp car.

2001 Turbo - 5K Miles

Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Banned
speedwerks is infamous around these partsspeedwerks is infamous around these parts
2005 is first year for PCCB Gen II, which is standard on Turbo S.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotom
Anikzad,

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/953045075.html

I drove this car before it was traded in, very clean, the owner was selling it for 82 k prior to trade in.

Tom
I stopped in to look at this car. It is at Livermore Porsche.

It is inside the showroom, so no test drive.

Car is clean, but not as perfect as I expected for 16k miles... maybe I am too ****. There are a few micro rock chips on the bumper, but also a few 'nits' elsewhere. (I define nit as a chip, scratch, scrape, etc) One on the left rear fender/at the wheel arch trailing back. All really hard to pick up due to the silver color hiding alot. Surface of the paint is pretty clean with minimal microscratching (ie spiderwebs), although it might have been waxed to cover that up. There is no underhood options sticker, which is a minor concern. I would have a paint guy look at the drivers door- there may be a rally hard to see dent/ding in front of the handle (like another car door dings it) and around the door handle and trailing edge the paint looks a bit 'pooled'... from the factory there is quite some variability in finish, so this may be 'normal'. (How many owners have seen the 'defect' where the door shell is stamped out for the handle? Virtually all 996s have this.)

Interior looks good- it has the upgraded 'natural' leather which is a super dark charcoal (not 'black', it is actually nicer (and cost more) than the 'black' leather option). The trim around the driver side door jamb 'panel' (where the hood and trunk release are) has some defects... I'd use it as leverage. Very, very minor wear on the drivers left side bolster.

Super clean car. I would proceed.

Dealerships was DESERTED. One sales manager, one service guy. Nobody else up front...no receptionist. One lot guy. I assume there was mechanics in back. It was Friday just after lunch.

Car is Porsche CPOd.

Car looked REALLY good. I would not write it off becuase they are asking $79k. They are motivated to sell, no harm in an lower offer.

A

Last edited by ard; 12-12-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I love my 05 turbo s cab!! I have FVD chip and speedtech exhaust and I'm happy with it the way it is. I think they are the best bargains on the market right now. Porsche reliability with 444 HP and ceramic brakes for under 80, with a warranty!! Mine is for sale but I have turned down all offers so far 2 were for over my asking price, I just can't part with this car. If you can get them down on their price a little and I'm sure you can I suggest you buy it!!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't mind selling my car for the right price. It is all stock and just turned 12K mi. Since you are local you can come by and take a look at it at any time. I have to make a decision soon, as far as investing more money modifying my car or saving my money for a 997TT or a 997 GT3.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:39 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Ard,
Thank you so much for taking the time to look the car over for me. I really appreciate the excellent description and all the details. I am so impressed w/ the members here on the forum, both technically and how helpful they are to each other.

We are in the process of evaluating a 05 TurboS Cab w/ considerably less mileage (8700) and I am negotiating.The only issue is it is a private seller and located in New Jersey, so I must take a trip to east coast to inspect the car and have it looked at dealer.

Thanks Again and if you ever happen to come to San Diego area, I will be more than happy to compensate you by means of few beers.

Best Regards,
-Arman

Old 12-13-2008, 03:40 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 996TTSCAB
I wouldn't mind selling my car for the right price. It is all stock and just turned 12K mi. Since you are local you can come by and take a look at it at any time. I have to make a decision soon, as far as investing more money modifying my car or saving my money for a 997TT or a 997 GT3.
I would consider your vehicle, except your signature says tiptronic - I am only looking for manual.

Thanks,
-Arman

Old 12-13-2008, 05:10 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I will be happy to check the car out for you if you would like. I'm in northern N.J. and
I have the same car which I recently decided not to sell. So I have sellers experience on these cars as well. Let me know.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:39 PM
FastLane,
Thank you so much for the offer, I believe the vehicle is located in Warren NJ ( I hope I got it correctly). If the distance is reasonable and you have the time or the inclination, I would truly appreciate your help. However, I need to clear it w/ the seller first.
If the purchase price works out, I am hoping to show up after new year, maybe around the 6th
and pick the car up...

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WITH THEIR VALUABLE ADVICE.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by anikzad
Hi guys,
As the title says, I am looking to purchase a clean 05 turbo (s). I had located a clean one, but could not agree on the price w/ the dealer.

Anyone w/ info or reference, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Arman
dont know if you are still interested and didnt read the thread but I know this guy and car. not sure what he will take for it, if interested you can try it.

For Sale Limited Edition Turbo S
Asking $99,000
Pristine 2005 Turbo S, Midnight Blue, MSRP $146,780, 3,350 miles, PCCB, SS Exhaust, Dark Wood, Leather, Sport Shifter, Park Assist, Heated Seats, Lumbar, Painted Skirts & Intakes. $25K in Additional equipment, PSS9’s, H&R Bars, GT3 Seats with 6 Pt. Harness, FISKE Wheels on Sport Cups, Fabspeed Exhaust, EVO intake, ECU upgrade, Billet Diverters, WEVO Mounts. Garage kept. All original equipment, seats, wheels, etc. go with car.

Contact Tom McHugh at 813 978-0353 tjmchugh@tampabay.rr.com

Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
That sounds like a really nice car!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Tom,
Thanks for heads up. I contacted Tom McHugh. His car is certainly sounds great. And although his current is my ultimate goal. It may be little too much to pay all at once (of course, I can always divorce the wife and sell the kids on ebay).

He did indicate he may consider putting the car back into stock, but his preference would be to sell as is and I can not blame him.

Thanks again to all of you for all your help. As I said before you guys rockkkkkkk.

Regards,
-Arman

Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 PM
I jsut wanted to give an update. FASTLANE has agreed to inspect a vehicle I have eyed in NJ. I can not wait to hear back on the condition of the car and maybe finally able to officially join.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
turbobob is infamous around these parts
I was looking for a friend and found a 2005 Yellow turbo S at Park Place Porsche with warranty. They are located in Dallas. I recall the price was around $76,000.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone can help locate a clean 2005 996TT for sale