996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

clutch losing pressure ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
clutch losing pressure ?

When car sits for a couple of days pedal engages very low (like loss of pressure ) after driven for a while pedal comes back up.
Any body know whats up?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
bad accumulator?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:37 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Agree with accumulator, how about slave cylinder? Is this a OEM clutch?

Originally Posted by Porsche917
bad accumulator?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by art4iza
Agree with accumulator, how about slave cylinder? Is this a OEM clutch?
Yes OEM clutch.
Accumulator sounds right and I'm going to change it .What would be symptom of a bad slave?

Elliot

Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 AM
MonkeyWrench is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Turbohead
When car sits for a couple of days pedal engages very low (like loss of pressure ) after driven for a while pedal comes back up.
Any body know whats up?
I agree with the group here Bad Accumulator the slave does not fail nearly as often.
I've seen the accumulator replaced probably 20 to 1 in this application.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbohead
.What would be symptom of a bad slave?
Attitude, talks back, fails to follow direction......

Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Ard....youre confusing Spartacus....check which book you're using for reference. You've got the history book, not the service manual.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by ard
Attitude, talks back, fails to follow direction......
Thats LOL!
Elliot

Old 12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Elliot,

I had a master cylinder leak at some point (just a tiny leak, couldn't even see it) and the pedal would go down 3/4 of the way to the floor by morning. If I pumped the pedal, it would build pressure and after about 20-50 pumps, it would have full pressure for the day. If it sat for a prolonged amount of time, say 6 hours, it would begin to lose pressure again and overnight, it would lose all the pressure.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks
John
Where do I look to see the what might be leaking on the Master ??
Elliot

Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Elliot,

It's up in the footwell area attached to the clutch pedal at the top. It's a little miniature hydraulic cylinder about 6" in length. I did not replace it myself, but I watched the replacement process. It took about 1/2 hour to remove, replace and bleed the lines. I was told that if even a tiny bubble gets in the system from a leak, it will cause the problem and you may not even see any fluid. I don't think we saw any fluid, my tech just did it based on experience with failed master cylinders and he was right. He may have had to go in from the bonnet firewall side too, I forget.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 12-14-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Elliot,

It's up in the footwell area attached to the clutch pedal at the top. It's a little miniature hydraulic cylinder about 6" in length. I did not replace it myself, but I watched the replacement process. It took about 1/2 hour to remove, replace and bleed the lines. I was told that if even a tiny bubble gets in the system from a leak, it will cause the problem and you may not even see any fluid. I don't think we saw any fluid, my tech just did it based on experience with failed master cylinders and he was right. He may have had to go in from the bonnet firewall side too, I forget.
I have a clutch pedal squeak up there also so that sounds right to me I'll do that .
Thanks John,
Elllot

Last edited by Turbohead; 12-15-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:34 AM
benguss is infamous around these parts
The accumulator is only a tank, unless it gets a pin hole all you need is a o-ring around the neck of the accumulator size of a dime. Porsche is making a killing on these.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by benguss
The accumulator is only a tank, unless it gets a pin hole all you need is a o-ring around the neck of the accumulator size of a dime. Porsche is making a killing on these.
Cutaway of Accumulator..... Air / oil separation.....

Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
benguss is infamous around these parts
Hey JJbravo thanx for the pix of accumulator. Yes, sometimes it's just the o-ring especially if there has been recent work. I was just giving another alternative prognosis. This set up really is not needed for persons who track their cars, go with the GT2 set up is simpler. And when the car is running tank gets pressurized even when failed it's for pressure before car is started or sitting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: clutch losing pressure ?