996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT3 Sway Bar Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
I'll lift mine right now and report back... THANKS!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
here is a pic that Can posted on one of the 997 boards.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:03 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
here is a pic that Can posted on one of the 997 boards.
Yes... the 997TT is DIFFERENT! My sway bar end link attaches at the bottom end of the strut... and goes UNDER control arm!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Issue RESOLVED!!! I found out I couldn't tighten the sway bar all the way up on the last hole! I moved the link one hole forward from the rear and set the car down... it now CLEARS the control arm!!! THANKS TO ALL who replied w/help!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
kinda defeats the purpose of having adjustable sways and non adjustable dl's.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Not to mention the fact that all those STIFF swaybars with adjustable settings will also snap an OEM drop link... Ask me how I know!

Mike

Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by oak
kinda defeats the purpose of having adjustable sways and non adjustable dl's.
Not really... because the hole I used was 4 inches further back on the sway bar than the stock hole/bar. There should be dramatic changes in how the car acts & reacts... I'll let you know!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Not to mention the fact that all those STIFF swaybars with adjustable settings will also snap an OEM drop link... Ask me how I know!

Mike
Yeah... that's why someone had to come up with something heavier. The stock units are smaller than a pencil in diameter & kind of fragile looking for the job... but they worked w/the stock unit.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Further out you go, the more body roll you will achieve. Just keep that in mind on the rear... On the front, you want to keep it further out (I run mine full soft) so you can dial out any understeer/ push!

Mike

Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Someone, actually several someone's have already... The search function here works well...

Try chatting with some of the vendors... Drop links that are adjustable can be had by a number of them... Oak and I both are running them...

Mike

Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
Yeah... that's why someone had to come up with something heavier. The stock units are smaller than a pencil in diameter & kind of fragile looking for the job... but they worked w/the stock unit.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Further out you go, the more body roll you will achieve. Just keep that in mind on the rear... On the front, you want to keep it further out (I run mine full soft) so you can dial out any understeer/ push!

Mike
Hey Mike, How have you been? No, I don't have any adjustments on the front unit... I checked that last night. The unit is stock and the link/bar is similar to the factory one on the rear only longer. I was looking to take some push out of the car... nothing to dramatic!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Doing good Rick. You want to add a front adjustable swaybar and get the adjustable droplinks at all four corners. I have the TRG front units and use the Tarred rear units. Also check with Dan at Vivid, as he sells some as well.

Getting the front bar set to the loosed setting will dial out a lot of understeer and help the car become more balanced!

Mike

Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Doing good Rick. You want to add a front adjustable swaybar and get the adjustable droplinks at all four corners. I have the TRG front units and use the Tarred rear units. Also check with Dan at Vivid, as he sells some as well.

Getting the front bar set to the loosed setting will dial out a lot of understeer and help the car become more balanced!

Mike
Thanks Mike... good info!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:29 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Rick, I would like to hear your driving impressions of before and after the sway bar change. I need to do sway bars this winter and am gathering info. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
Rick, I would like to hear your driving impressions of before and after the sway bar change. I need to do sway bars this winter and am gathering info. Thanks.
Sure... like I said... I'm only looking to eliminate some or all the push. Yesterday before setting up my sway bar I read quite a few of the past posts on sway bars. There are several fellow 6'ers using only rear bars like me and are happy w/the way their cars respond. I don't intend to race this car. Living in the Oklahoma City area... traffic can be bad so I main limit my fun to on/off ramps unless I head out of town. It really depends on what you're looking to do with your car... but I'll let you know!