996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT3 Sway Bar Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 Sway Bar Question...

I just installed a new rear GT3 Sway Bar on my 02 996TT. The car already had H&R 1" drop springs. I tightened the bar all the way down using the last hole near the rear and using AP links from Vivid. My question is... Should the sway bar touch the lower control arm when the car is on the ground??? Mine does...

Old 12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
I just installed a new rear GT3 Sway Bar on my 02 996TT. The car already had H&R 1" drop springs. I tightened the bar all the way down using the last hole near the rear and using AP links from Vivid. My question is... Should the sway bar touch the lower control arm when the car is on the ground??? Mine does...
Nope - that will cause trouble. Can't you adjust the drop link to avoid the interference?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Nope - that will cause trouble. Can't you adjust the drop link to avoid the interference?
The AP drop link's are solid/not adjustable. Any suggestions??? You can check the units out at vividracing.com

Old 12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Hmmm try the stock drop links. I use the GT2 bar in the middle hole, no interference at all. I don't believe there is that much difference between a 996 & 997TT suspension, and the GT3 bar is the same as the GT2 bar AFAIK.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Hmmm try the stock drop links. I use the GT2 bar in the middle hole, no interference at all. I don't believe there is that much difference between a 996 & 997TT suspension, and the GT3 bar is the same as the GT2 bar AFAIK.
Both end links (stock & AP's) measure 4" in length from center to center... they're the same. The difference is in the bar somehow???

Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Try the middle hole as point of reference. I also have h&R springs, no issues.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Try the middle hole as point of reference. I also have h&R springs, no issues.
I have 4 holes... but after looking at it I don't think that would change anything because the bar will let the suspension settle now. The car is raised about an inch higher in the rear then it should be. On your sway bar... Is the bar on top of the control arm... or under it???

Old 12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok I just looked, it goes over the control arm. And I have 3 adjustment holes, so I guess they are different.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Ok I just looked, it goes over the control arm. And I have 3 adjustment holes, so I guess they are different.
Any chance you could take a photo of the end link/bar and email me at rickeager@***.net??? If it's what I'm picturing in my mind... I could possibly flip the bar over?

Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
Any chance you could take a photo of the end link/bar and email me at rickeager@***.net??? If it's what I'm picturing in my mind... I could possibly flip the bar over?
P.S: Or include it here on your next post???

Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Rick,

My car is on the rack right now getting the GT3 sways and PSS10's installed. Here are some pics of the AP drop links connected to the sway bar. Keep in mind that the lower control arm is hanging freely as the car sits on the rack. Hope this helps.

Attached Images     
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Rick,

My car is on the rack right now getting the GT3 sways and PSS10's installed. Here are some pics of the AP drop links connected to the sway bar. Keep in mind that the lower control arm is hanging freely as the car sits on the rack. Hope this helps.
I noticed in pics that the sway is touching the control arm. Mine does this on the ground but not in the air as yours does. When the car is lifted there is several inches of clearance. Do you have a part number on your rear sway bar??? I want to make sure I have the proper bar???

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rickeager@***.n
i noticed in pics that the sway is touching the control arm. Mine does this on the ground but not in the air as yours does. When the car is lifted there is several inches of clearance. Do you have a part number on your rear sway bar??? I want to make sure i have the proper bar???

Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Is your car lowered???

Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes. Its lowered to GT2 specs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Sway Bar Question...