996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1.6 bar in 3rd gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Tyson, Wilber mentioned that his turbos fried out.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
Matt, if you think your really faster than me, then let's race and get it out of the way.
I'm ready to video tape whenever you guys are!

Old 09-15-2003, 05:29 PM
MattLA is infamous around these partsMattLA is infamous around these parts
Tyson, we can get Dan from McKenna on the phone anytime. Maybe Wilbur won't admit that I've driven the car because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings or seem like the car had been abused.
And how did I just turn the boost up to 1.6 bar. That's from GIAC, it's written in the program. And who said we're slow, I invite you to come down here and see all of the cars we are presently working on, 2003 E55, 2001 996TT, 2002 996TT, E46 M3, 550 Maranello, 2003 SL 55, 2003 Range Rover. We are performing upgrades to every single car I listed. You should Come down here and then speak from first hand experience.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
oak,

the only turbos he ever fried was his original K16's. No problems whatsoever with the Garretts.

are you sure you want to get in the middle of this?

Old 09-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Porsche Fiend
I have been down to your shop. It's a nice showroom complete with plasma tv's.

Oh yeah, let's also ask him about the several instances when you blew your head gaskets while we're at it.

Matt, what do you really have to gain from starting **** with me?

We're all here to help each other out, and I never said a single negative comment about your car or your shop. So why pick on me? What do you want to prove?

Old 09-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Blew my headgasket? When did that happen?

Old 09-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Porsche Fiend
maybe you should talk to your dealer...

by the way, how in the hell did race gas end up mixing with your oil?

Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 PM
It's a new fuel that will be released on the market real soon, it's called gasOILine. It makes a lot more power.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
oak,

the only turbos he ever fried was his original K16's. No problems whatsoever with the Garretts.

are you sure you want to get in the middle of this?
Wilber mentioned that to me directly from his mouth, over a long phone conversation we had before he sold his car to you. The Garretts he had at the time had fried and had to be replaced. No rebuilding, the bearings were shot. Atleast that's what he told me directly. Maybe he didn't tell you about it, ask him.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:57 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MattLA
It's a new fuel that will be released on the market real soon, it's called gasOILine. It makes a lot more power.
lol

Old 09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
MattLA,

The following is not a slight against you. I was a little pissed when I learned through two GIAC reps that Garrett said he would not fix my 1.3 boost limitation until after the shootout. Like I said earlier, he must have a little concern about the "cjv/ s car go." I like the fact GIAC tuned your car with the 1.6 bar. Garrett can have all the credit.

My car is scheduled to be delivered to Protomotive on September 22. Todd at Protomotive says he needs my car for one week. Pick a day when (after Todd finishes, sometime around September 29) the local strip in the area will be open and I will have the car there. Nothing against you, I just want to see what GIAC's best is really like.

I don't really care who wants to video this.

Last edited by cjv; 09-15-2003 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Sounds good Chad, I don't really want to race you because I respect all of the work done on your car, but what the hell.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by oak
Wilber mentioned that to me directly from his mouth, over a long phone conversation we had before he sold his car to you. The Garretts he had at the time had fried and had to be replaced. No rebuilding, the bearings were shot. Atleast that's what he told me directly. Maybe he didn't tell you about it, ask him.
Actually, the turbos were fine.

They were checked out by the SAME GUY WHO SUPPLIES the Garrett turbos to EVO for their STAGE 5. And guess what, nothing wrong whatsoever.

Wilber was just worried after a misdiagnosis by McKenna's mechanics. So basically anything that Dan said about the car regarding the turbos is not true.

If my Turbos were actually fried, then I suppose the same thing will happen to EVO's Stage 5, since they are running an almost identical turbo by the same supplier.

Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Porsche Fiend
Well, obviously since you think my car is so slow, I will join in too.

After all, my car supposedly puts out the same amount of power as Chad's without the NOS. So if my car is not impressive, then Chad's without the giggle gas is a dog too, right?

Old 09-15-2003, 06:21 PM
oak
Actually, the turbos were fine.

They were checked out by the SAME GUY WHO SUPPLIES the Garrett turbos to EVO for their STAGE 5. And guess what, nothing wrong whatsoever.

Wilber was just worried after a misdiagnosis by McKenna's mechanics. So basically anything that Dan said about the car regarding the turbos is not true.

If my Turbos were actually fried, then I suppose the same thing will happen to EVO's Stage 5, since they are running an almost identical turbo by the same supplier.
Tyson, I was under the impression that they had already been changed out when I had spoken to wilber. What was the problem then?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1.6 bar in 3rd gear