996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1.6 bar in 3rd gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by deanger
In other words, to all of us, with love:
Although blunt, also quite well said!

Last edited by racer63; 09-16-2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:36 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Play nice guys!

This shoot out better be video-taped!

Last edited by DJ; 10-06-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:08 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Todd,
Right on the nose with this one. Remember gang the idea is this is suppose to fun and about the cars.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Colin@PES is infamous around these parts
friendly competition and the dead horse

Not to beat the dead horse but I agree.
The shootout was supposed to be a FRIENDLY competition, not a mudslinging contest.
As Todd has said all along it's not about who has the "MOST" it's a showcase the displays two different ways to get to a similar result....

Old 09-16-2003, 01:43 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The winner still gets a free 6speedonline T-shirt

Last edited by DJ; 10-06-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Todd,
Right on the nose with this one. Remember gang the idea is this is suppose to fun and about the cars.
Are we having fun now?

Old 09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
buddy,

I am not real familiar with anyone's 700 hp packages with the exception of S Car Go's. In addition there is Autotority, Protomotive and someone in Virginia named Nguyen, not sure of the companies name.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:33 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Colin,

You are correct. It was suppose to be a friendly competition. Being friendly is a two way street. I think the "friendly" went out the window when I was told by two independent GIAC representatives that my request could be accomodated after the shootout. They don't even know the date of the shootout, so they could not know if Garrett was backed up like Stephen has tried to say. I had talked to Todd at EVOMS and cooperated with all of his requests. I even gave him the writers number so he could assure himself about any questions on the article.

I am not the one who started being unfriendly.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Chad, Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you have 805 HP at less than 1.3 bar of boost, isnt that enough? If this is the case, I would be satisfied with what you have

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-16-2003, 05:56 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
Colin,

I am not the one who started being unfriendly.
But you are the one who brought it onto the Forum, a place where I (and apparently many others) do not think that it belongs.

Chad, we really do value your input and expertise. But, this one just seems over the top. Perhaps it is best just put to rest...

Old 09-16-2003, 06:02 PM
cjv
Todd@EVO,

Garretts response is what prompted the interest in Motec. Your Maytag analogy doesn't hold water. GIAC in their website advertises "alacart" different services. One of which is "deleting/modifying codes." What you are saying is I can't go to Burger King for a hamburger and MacDonalds for fries.

How do you explain the two identical statements, "Garrett can do it but he will not do it until after the shootout." Sounds very friendly to me. Why don't you start by explaining to me what you think Garrett meant.

Please, don't try to lessen the effect of what has occurred by saying why would I want to use GIAC if I don't like them or they are competitors. That is BS and you know it. My car has had three tuners involved and the parts are spread all over including some of your EVOMS parts. I always pick and chose what I want. I have never looked to make a one tuner/parts car.

I am not upset about Garrett not wanting to do certain things to my car. I am enraged with his answer.

Regarding the shootout, you wanted until the third week of September in order to ready a Stage V. Is it going to be ready? If so and you still want to compete, let me know. If you have changed your mind and no longer want to compete because it won't be as friendly, I understand.

Last edited by cjv; 09-16-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:12 PM
cjv
Due to a request of a private individual on the boards, I will make no further comments on this issue.

Last edited by cjv; 09-16-2003 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
$5 says this "shoot out" never happens!

Old 09-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Todd@EVO,

Garretts response is what prompted the interest in Motec. Your Maytag analogy doesn't hold water. GIAC in their website advertises "alacart" different services. One of which is "deleting/modifying codes." What you are saying is I can't go to Burger King for a hamburger and MacDonalds for fries.

How do you explain the two identical statements, "Garrett can do it but he will not do it until after the shootout." Sounds very friendly to me. Why don't you start by explaining to me what you think Garrett meant.

Please, don't try to lessen the effect of what has occurred by saying why would I want to use GIAC if I don't like them or they are competitors. That is BS and you know it. My car has had three tuners involved and the parts are spread all over including some of your EVOMS parts. I always pick and chose what I want. I have never looked to make a one tuner/parts car.

I am not upset about Garrett not wanting to do certain things to my car. I am enraged with his answer.

Regarding the shootout, you wanted until the third week of September in order to ready a Stage V. Is it going to be ready? If so and you still want to compete, let me know. If you have changed your mind and no longer want to compete because it won't be as friendly, I understand.
Sorry Chad but I think that is a little lame. Make your point and then bow out of the topic.

My 2 cents: Anyone in this industry can do as they please. Not speaking for Garrett, but why does he HAVE to do anything for your car even if those services are listed on the site? Why don’t you have your tuners fix your problem? Why cant one view it as a conflict of interest and leave it at that? You told me last week that your car was being shipped to Germany for the Motec system. If that was the case why not just let it go already? Is your car in fact in Germany? You made your choice and others made theirs and leave it at that. Just because things didn’t go your way, you are going to kick a guy based upon his right as a business owner. As a business owner yourself, have you ever made decisions that didn’t work for all parties involved?

My analogy seems to make sense to me. Here is another one: You buy a new Porsche 996TT. You create a great car with a bunch of different aftermarket components. Your tuners have successfully got your car to 805HP at less than 1.3 bar. You are not satisfied being limited to 1.3 bar of boost. You take your car to another tuner and you want them to fix the "1.3 bar boost cut". For whatever reason this other tuner does not want to get involved with your project at this time. What do you do????

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-16-2003, 08:05 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
"What do you do????"

Just call Regis's people and get a meeting with the GOD of exclusive tuning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1.6 bar in 3rd gear