996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to my man Marksi :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:18 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to give a shoutout to my man Markski :)

We all know what the forums are about: sharing car information. There is always a plethora of great and helpful information and some terrible misinformation that just gets repeated by people that dont have any firsthand knowledge. I think we all know that there are quite a few veteran members on here that are VERY valuable resources for this community. Markski is one of those members.

I just wanted to send a public "thank you" for spending over an hour of his day (or should I say late night ) on the phone with me guiding me towards an endpoint on my car. Over the years, I have lurked and just recently signed up, but there are a bunch of members from which I have learned a wealth of information. Marksi is one of the first to spend a decent amount of time with a total stranger and point me in the right direction with full disclosure and honesty. Not everyone is willing to do that, so I figured it would be appropriate to say thanks.

Mods, please move this if it in the wrong section.

Last edited by ExclusiveTT; 12-18-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
+1.. you are not alone. He has always devoted his personal time to answer my numerous noob questions and point me in the right direction. Great guy !

Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
uh...ummm it's Markski...(Mark). Yeah he is an asset to the forums.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
+2 Markski has also helped me out countless times. Been on the phone for hours at a time explaining to me the pros and cons of each mod. I greatly appreciate all his help for steering me in the right direction every time.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
+3!!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
+4 Mark is a tremendous asset to our community besides being a good, honest guy. He's helped me several times too.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I beg to differ...everytime I talk to Mark (my calls always start w/ "should I upgrade my fuel system/turbos, etc...?") and result in my bank account geting smaller

Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Point taken sir

Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
Ive never spoken to him but his posts have been very informative so its appreciated. Plus, I cant deny his mix cd's helping me "score" with the ladies..Big thumbs up marksi

Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
He is a rare breed for sure. How many of the top guys in his particular class or niche are willing to help and share so much information? He has spent time on the phone and over PM with me on several occasions and is just a genuinely nice and helpful guy.

Thanks Mark!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I beg to differ...everytime I talk to Mark (my calls always start w/ "should I upgrade my fuel system/turbos, etc...?") and result in my bank account geting smaller
LOL
I dont make anyone call me.. lol I save you from getting raped as is...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
not to inflate your already big head you big turkey...but THANK YOU TOO..... If it werent for you..... I would have never accomplished what I did.... HOURS and hours.... Plus long distance.... and late nights....lol.... thank goodness you are a dj. You were the only one up when I blew the tire.... lol.... remember.... man that was funny... not!!!!!!!!! lol.....
Thanks bro always... dont worry I ll get another soon enough and start bugg'n again!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:16 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Talking Hip Hip Hooray for Markski!

Markski has been a great sounding board and wealth of knowledge and experience.
I very much appreciate all his help over the last 3 years.
I was hoping to place Sean (Dr Jitsu) in charge of a fund raiser and we could do something nice for Marski. Like a down payment on a CGT or something.
From the bottom of my main journals THANK YOU MARKSKI

Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
+5 i have to say he is a great man .. he helped me many times .. thanx mark

Old 12-16-2008, 09:26 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I also agree, spoke to him once and helped me out. A great source of knowledge to this community.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to give a shoutout to my man Marksi :)