996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lets see your aftermarket seats....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
996TT MAVERICK is infamous around these parts
The picture lies some.. It's wide angle...

Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
^^^Man, that Techart steering wheel is thick.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my seats

Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2009, 07:28 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I am looking to simply take the STOCK seats with emblems and replace the center part (front seat only, seat portion and back) with Alcantara, and color coordinate it with the cars exterior color. Anyone done that?

SWR

Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 996TT MAVERICK
The picture lies some.. It's wide angle...
Still, it's wider than my Macarbon.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Sparco PRO Cirquit..

/Pete

Attached Images  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Bit of an older thread here, but still seems like a good place to ask:

Doing my research here before I get serious about hunting down a 996...

The sport seats and stock power seem to accommodate a larger guy just fine. I'm 6'3 and 270lbs with a 38" waist and ~52" up top. The GT3 seats concern me. Anybody around those measurements manage to squeeze in?

I've butt-tested the sport seats (so far, my preference) so just wanted to know if I should rule out the gt3 seats as I'm looking at cars for sale. (haven't gotten a chance locally)

Thanks!

Henry

Old 07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
my friend sold me his gt3 recaro seats because part of the reason was the fit. i'm not sure his weight/height exactly, but I know they were tight for him as well. Especially if it's your DD. I think you'll be uncomfortable in them. Maybe try the Recaro CS's.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I ruled them out 6'5 235. 36/46.
Now, if you want to get them and sell them, you can pick up stock seats for less then $900 and your GT3 seats in good condition will sell for more then that. No way could I ever use gt3's. GL

Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 PM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
6'1 and 190 lbs 33 waist and they fit me like a glove, I would not get them if I was any bigger, they fit me pretty tight (but comfortable once in them...drove 22 hours home from Virginia in them and felt fine). Like others have said, if you find a car with them get it because they are worth more than stockers, that was my thinking if I decide I don't like them.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I had them for 2 years in a former car. I am 6'3" and about 205 and they were a tight fit. Great on the track and for fun driving but a pain around town for more mundane chores. Good for the hips though, getting in and out of the car!

The seats I posted earlier, the Cobras, are also a tighter fit and unlikely to work for a larger frame than mine. Hope that helps.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Ah. Very good info all around -- thanks guys (and gal)!

Looks like I'll be going for the sport seats.

Henry

Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Here's my seats
Scott,
Are these the sport toplines? Heated, ventilated, right? Do they accept harnesses through the top holes?

I have the next version up I'm told. They are a bit more on the comfy side without harness pass throughs... I also have a set of GT3 Reps but am thinking about just moving to a single set of seats and was looking at the ones you have... Would love to sit in them at some point! Let us know the basics on those, please!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kato
Scott,
Are these the sport toplines? Heated, ventilated, right? Do they accept harnesses through the top holes?

I have the next version up I'm told. They are a bit more on the comfy side without harness pass throughs... I also have a set of GT3 Reps but am thinking about just moving to a single set of seats and was looking at the ones you have... Would love to sit in them at some point! Let us know the basics on those, please!
Kalon, you're more than welcome to come sit in them and check them out, I'm quite close to you. My major cross streets are Washington blvd and Sawtelle. I've got the Sportlines not the sport Toplines. The difference as you stated are the climate control gadgets and also I believe the Toplines offer an electric seat option. The Sports are the lighter of the two because of the lack of the electric ancillaries and climate control. I LOVE these seats also yes the holes are to accomodate harnesses. Here's the info on Recaro's site. Mine as you can see are black/black. They've got a new seat that also looks very nice called the Sportster CS, here's a pic.

Let me know if you'd like to come check check out and sit in my seats, as I can totally understand not wanting to order seats without actually seeing them in person. Forgot to mention, my seats are extremely comfortable, hold you in really well and I think look AWESOME!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM
englishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vr4henry
Ah. Very good info all around -- thanks guys (and gal)!

Looks like I'll be going for the sport seats.

Henry
if you are not too far from NJ I have some Recaros for sale.
new style and old school ones.

sold some of the toys
and now find myself having more seats than bodies to put them into

Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Thanks, Scott! I may take you up on the offer soon...getting some other work done to my car right now so might take a bit of time...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lets see your aftermarket seats....