996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lets see your aftermarket seats....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
gwapo996tt is infamous around these parts
GT3 seats reclining

Going to try these seats out which require you to make a custom mounting bracket.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
^^^ what seats are these???

Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Yea, I'd like to know that also. Nice to have the folding option, if it's safe. Where did you get them? How much do they weigh? Have a link?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
nice 996GT3 reclinable seats! We do carry similar seats in 997GT3 version. Price is $2500 a pair in black leather with sliders and brackets. Need to be special order and minimum of 3 pairs.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray
nice 996GT3 reclinable seats! We do carry similar seats in 997GT3 version. Price is $2500 a pair in black leather with sliders and brackets. Need to be special order and minimum of 3 pairs.

I wonder if those fit to my 996tt and match with its tan interior?

If no fit, than do you do 996 gt3 seats in tan?

Cheers

Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by besiktas
I wonder if those fit to my 996tt and match with its tan interior?

If no fit, than do you do 996 gt3 seats in tan?

Cheers
I will ask if they can made the reclinable seat in sand beige. We just sold a set of sand beige 996GT3 seat 2 weeks ago!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
It does not have to be reclinable, can you pm me a price for a sand beige 996gt3 non reclinable set while we are waiting answer for the reclinable option

Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PALETTE
^^^ what seats are these???
MaxSpeed

Jeff

Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What about getting the 997 Sport Adaptive seats into a 996TT. Anyone looked into this? I would love to have the heated, fully electric OEM seats with the adjustable bolsters.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 AM
ABCar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
What about getting the 997 Sport Adaptive seats into a 996TT. Anyone looked into this? I would love to have the heated, fully electric OEM seats with the adjustable bolsters.

The 997 seats are fantastic but very heavy. A good choice though as a great seat for comfort and occasional track.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ABCar
The 997 seats are fantastic but very heavy. A good choice though as a great seat for comfort and occasional track.
Do you have any idea if they 'hook up' both electronically and mechanically to the 996TT?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
ABCar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
Do you have any idea if they 'hook up' both electronically and mechanically to the 996TT?
I wish I knew but I dont. I am sure you can get them modded to work both ways if you need to. I find that those type of mods that you really enjoy on a daily basis are worth the extra effort in the long run. Maybe someone on the 6 can help you get started .

good luck

Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
So, I just got these....guys in the shop are mixed as to if they'll look right in a Porsche.

Bride Cuga's. Very high quality seat..very.

Anyway, look closely. See how little material there is in the sides (kidney area). I sat and felt very comfortable....and held tightly by mostly the shoulder area and the base. Not super tight (too tight). So, a good DD seat....but I'll give up the ability to use the power to tighten the top belt...the old 3pt HPDE green guy trick if you will.

My plan was to recover them in a color matched high end synthetic leather....actually better than leather (Brisa Soleil...amazing stuff, aztec matches Porsche natural brown fwiw). It doesn't get hot...a big deal down here...wear is unbelievable, etc. It is used in multimillion dollar yachts.

Do you guys think it is a mistake to get these because of the lack of side support. The more track oriented guys at the shop think yes. The more senior street guy thinks they'll be fine for DE. I am leaning to them being an error. I missed the lack of bolster via the online ordering process...

I am mixed. The coverage/upholstery costs are very high....I can get the Gias seat or perhaps Cobra Misano's too. I have 6yds by 54" of material..so a lot. My brain is saying return them for a loss of some shipping costs and get the misano's.

Thoughts...sorry for the minor threadjack!

(shop is a sponsor here, btw)

Thanks.

Jeff

Attached Images  

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 09-01-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
englishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant futureenglishbull911 has a brilliant future
Jeff
I got some new Recaros for sale

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
So, I just got these....guys in the shop are mixed as to if they'll look right in a Porsche.

Bride Cuga's. Very high quality seat..very.

Anyway, look closely. See how little material there is in the sides (kidney area). I sat and felt very comfortable....and held tightly by mostly the shoulder area and the base. Not super tight (too tight). So, a good DD seat....but I'll give up the ability to use the power to tighten the top belt...the old 3pt HPDE green guy trick if you will.

My plan was to recover them in a color matched high end synthetic leather....actually better than leather (Brisa Soleil...amazing stuff, aztec matches Porsche natural brown fwiw). It doesn't get hot...a big deal down here...wear is unbelievable, etc. It is used in multimillion dollar yachts.

Do you guys think it is a mistake to get these because of the lack of side support. The more track oriented guys at the shop think yes. The more senior street guy thinks they'll be fine for DE. I am leaning to them being an error. I missed the lack of bolster via the online ordering process...

I am mixed. The coverage/upholstery costs are very high....I can get the Gias seat or perhaps Cobra Misano's too. I have 6yds by 54" of material..so a lot. My brain is saying return them for a loss of some shipping costs and get the misano's.

Thoughts...sorry for the minor threadjack!

(shop is a sponsor here, btw)

Thanks.

Jeff

Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
You have a PM. I take that as a vote of support for sending them back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lets see your aftermarket seats....