996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lets see your aftermarket seats....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by englishbull911
if you are looking for seats I have some
Recaro Speeds and Sports for sale

they are very comfortable and have the provisions for racing harnesses.
'Speeds' have seat bolster at least as high as GT3 so no.......was unaware 'Sports' accomodated 6 point.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GreggT
'Speeds' have seat bolster at least as high as GT3 so no go.......but was unaware 'Sports' accomodated 6 point.
They don't (accomodate any sub)
But...for what it's worth, apparently 'Speeds' support a sub....possibly could use w/2 depending on applicable rules/sanctions).

So.....I'm still looking.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I have to disagree here on a couple of levels... Do the GT3 Seats FIT the person buying them? That should be JOB ONE... Test sit in them. Make sure they are NOT to narrow. Make sure they fit you in the hips, in the side bolster, and in the shoulders.

Buying a seat because it has the Porsche crest in the headrest is just wrong in my opinion. Seats are like shoes and jeans... Will they fit you comfortably or not? For how long?

I've had GT3 seats and they worked margainally, at best. I've run a wide variety of seats in various cars over the last couple of decades and I can tell you that every single seat I've tested and run had good and bad qualities... And of all the seats I've run over the years (and I'm currently looking for new fixed back seats for the porsche again and they will NOT be GT3s) the GT3 seats have been the bottom on my list for fit, finish and wear.

Mike

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Jeff,

I hate to say it, but I agree with englishbull911. Go with a Porsche specific seat, like the euro GT3 - it looks much better and they work great. The Porsche crest headrest is a nice option on the OEM GT3 seats, too. It ties the seats to the car well.

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I would agree with Mike, if the seats don't fit well, definitely don't buy them.

In my case the GT3 seats fit very well and I love them. My wife also prefers them to the OEM sport seats we had previously. I have used the Porsche GT3 seats for 2 years now, driven over 20,000 miles in them and so far, there is no visable sign of wear on the leather or paint. I run a lot of errands during the day, so I am constantly getting in and out of them, too - which I find easy to do. All in all, they are a great seat for me, so it's obviously a very individual thing. I did test sit in a GT3 seat prior to purchase and I would recommend that anyone considering them, do the same. If the GT3 seat works for you, it's a great seat to have...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 10-23-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by besiktas
It does not have to be reclinable, can you pm me a price for a sand beige 996gt3 non reclinable set while we are waiting answer for the reclinable option
Do these seats in sand beige fit a 997Turbo? PM me price and availability please.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Do these seats in sand beige fit a 997Turbo? PM me price and availability please.
That pic is our GT3 rep seats. It can be order in sand beige. For 997TT and if you can wait for couple of weeks. I have a better solution for you. Our CGT seats will be ready to order very soon. It can be customer order with leather cover in sand beige, CF, FRP or painted back, color stitching and alcantata pads. Price expect under $2K with all the hardwares. We may run a introduction groupbuy with it! Let me know if you interest!

some prototype pics;

Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Do the Suncoast seats fit a 996 TT ?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:19 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
How much room do you have behind your seats, I'm 6'2" and need room,

Originally Posted by str8blst
I have GT3 seats in my 996TT and don't mind them at all for long trips (I'm 6' 155lbs). I just bought a set of Recaros for my DD and will post pics when I get the car back.
What rool bar is that? Thanks.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Are these seats FIA approved?

Originally Posted by Ray
That pic is our GT3 rep seats. It can be order in sand beige. For 997TT and if you can wait for couple of weeks. I have a better solution for you. Our CGT seats will be ready to order very soon. It can be customer order with leather cover in sand beige, CF, FRP or painted back, color stitching and alcantata pads. Price expect under $2K with all the hardwares. We may run a introduction groupbuy with it! Let me know if you interest!

some prototype pics;

Concerned about safety, Aslo what are the dimensions?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
rather than start a new thread, how oes everyone deal with the airbag and electrics when they use aftermarket seats? simply unplug everything and add manual seats? i found some nice seats but unsure whats needed to install them.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
All I did was plug in the seatbelt plug. Remove the seatbelt onnector amd wire as a whole piece crom.the seat and swap it over to the new seat. Just make sure you mark where the pluv fits into the connector and zip tie it so it cant come loose.

Also, this entire set up is for sale...seats, (carbon fiber shell / leather) aluminum side mounts, and 996 / 997 / Boxter sliders / floor mounts. Prefect fit w or w/o factory seatbelts. $1990 + shipping! Status sells new covers for $500 if blue isnt your style.

Last edited by triblk6spd; 09-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.