996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
whadaya mean those are 16 spoke GT1892 class wheels. Made of balsa wood just like the floor pans

Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
sideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura about
It's amazing, people driving beetles would joke about other cars

Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideview

yes, but we are happy beetles. See, this is the latest body kit from Australia. It kinda grows on you.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
No question the vette is not a long term keeper, but it's one hella lease. I mean that in a great way. I would ove to have a Z06, wether I would want it forever like the Porsche? maybe not.

That said, a stock TT is about a full second slower than a stock Z06.

Most guys with a maxed stock K24 tune wil be hard pressed to make up for the wheel hopping, short 1st gear shifting TT VS the instant power, predictbale torque monster Z06 (that pulls 60 in 1st BTW).

Originally Posted by vbmw335
Guys,

I am the original poster of this thread. This thread has definitely digressed off a lot... my intention was not to knock the Z06. In fact its an awesome car by all standards...I am referring to a C6Z06, not much respect for the c5's. IMHO C6Z06 is the best bone stock performance car. Its defintely not in the same quality level as a p car but the price of the p car is also twice when purchased new.

The only question i had was ...what does it take for my 996tt to beat a tune+intake c6Z06?? The c6z06 is my benchmark to beat.I have my answer now , to clearly put some car lengths on it I need atleast a K24/18G and 5 bar FPR.

That's it .

I have already tried to race my friends c6z06 with just a tune etc...there is no way in hell you will even keep up with a stock C6Z06 with just a tune on a 996tt. YOU HAVE TO GET upgraded turbos to keep up or pass it.

Simple math will tell us ...Z06 is 3200lbs and puts about 490 rwhp with a tune and about 440 rwhp stock. A tt is about 3400 lbs and puts a max of 450 whp with a tune, exhaust etc. so its simple z06 will pull ahead easy.

But with about 520 whp + and 540 tq+on the 996tt its a different story.

Great information so far.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Do you even have either one? Or are you just here to enlighten us with your abundant automotive knowledge?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
No question the vette is not a long term keeper, but it's one hella lease. I mean that in a great way. I would ove to have a Z06, wether I would want it forever like the Porsche? maybe not.

That said, a stock TT is about a full second slower than a stock Z06.

Most guys with a maxed stock K24 tune wil be hard pressed to make up for the wheel hopping, short 1st gear shifting TT VS the instant power, predictbale torque monster Z06 (that pulls 60 in 1st BTW).
Ari I don'think anything is a long term keeper, after 10 years they all become antiquated to some point and its fun trying out something new. So far the technology, performance and refinement has continued to improve and as long as that continues, it will serve us all well. Thats why I stay open minded and don't fall in love with any particular make or model, and try as many different performance cars as I can. Its also the best way to become truly objective about the different choices we have to choose from.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:36 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Ari I don'think anything is a long term keeper, after 10 years they all become antiquated to some point and its fun trying out something new. So far the technology, performance and refinement has continued to improve and as long as that continues, it will serve us all well. Thats why I stay open minded and don't fall in love with any particular make or model, and try as many different performance cars as I can. Its also the best way to become truly objective about the different choices we have to choose from.
I agree.
I have always had a difficult time understanding the fervor with which some people choose one brand over another.
Seriously, there are guys on corvetteforum that think any other brand or model of performance automobile is a piece of garbage, that's right, even Porsche!
(it ain't me, gents!)
There will always be reasons to choose one particular car brand, whether financial, visual, historical, etc.
Hopefully as Jamie says, technology will march on and make all of our favorites a bit more exciting and capable.
I just need a 996/997TT in my garage so I can make my own decisions about which is better!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by jamie furman
I disagree with you. I love old 911's and they look good even at 20 years old. I see many 964/965's and 993's in excellent condition. Can't say the same for vettes. They all look beaten up after a while, so definitely not the same class for sure

Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 AM
sideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura aboutsideview has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Do you even have either one? Or are you just here to enlighten us with your abundant automotive knowledge?

I did own a Boxster but I respect the engineering in the plastic pig... er.. Vette. Is that a problem? Are you saying you are afraid of a little insight? Is a bit of joking between car people a problem? Where's the :cheers: emoticon?
I do think it's funny that so many people are willing to insult the Corvette's springs without the slightest understanding of how they work or why the precieved issues are non issues. I don't meen to offened. :cheers:

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 AM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
I did own a Boxster but I respect the engineering in the plastic pig... er.. Vette. Is that a problem? Are you saying you are afraid of a little insight? Is a bit of joking between car people a problem? Where's the :cheers: emoticon?
I do think it's funny that so many people are willing to insult the Corvette's springs without the slightest understanding of how they work or why the precieved issues are non issues. I don't meen to offened. :cheers:
Plastic Pig... eh !!!

We Z06'ers prefer to call it a Mattel Car... it's performance isn't too shabby.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by trumperZ06
Plastic Pig... eh !!!

We Z06'ers prefer to call it a Mattel Car... it's performance isn't too shabby.

ok so:

ZO6/vette is Mattel car or Stage Coach
911 is Beetle, Bug, Super Herbie
Viper is the CLOWN SHOE
GTR is the...hmmm.. FUGLY, Super RIcer,

Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prche951
I disagree with you. I love old 911's and they look good even at 20 years old. I see many 964/965's and 993's in excellent condition. Can't say the same for vettes. They all look beaten up after a while, so definitely not the same class for sure
I didn't say old cars don't have their charm and great lines because they do! I love old cars and have many, but compared to new ones 20 year old technology compared to today is no comparision at all! And to make a comment that old vettes look all beaten up has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen posted! I guess Porsche uses special metal and fabrics that don't wear and age!
How about this 42 year old vette of mine that is driven regularly?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Ignorant? It's a Chevy made in, lets go home early on Friday, factory, with cheap materials and paint. your statement has to be the most ignorant due to your blindness. .

For every pristine vette you bring up I can bring up many more nasty ones. My uncle was on the hunt for a 90's to 02 vette, but every single one we saw was a trash heap. Sorry just fact. 911's on the other hand were plentiful in great shape even with lots of miles. No special metals just made better and with better paints. Don't like to hear it, oh well, your the ignorant one for not seeing it.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
What's that thing quarter Jamie?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=jamie furman;2246660]I didn't say old cars don't have their charm and great lines because they do! I love old cars and have many, but compared to new ones 20 year old technology compared to today is no comparision at all! And to make a comment that old vettes look all beaten up has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen posted! I guess Porsche uses special metal and fabrics that don't wear and age!
How about this 42 year old vette of mine that is driven regularly?

What a rust bucket Jamie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt