996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
That is a beautiful Corvette! Is it a matching numbers car? Was it restored?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
That is a 67 427 vette. If it is an L88 it is one of the rarest vettes of all time and a monster. But I doubt he'd be driving an L88. Either way it is one of the best looking cars of the 60's for sure and my personal favorite. I had a 64 327 ragtop and a 65 fuelie, but I would have traded both for that car.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
It's an L88. only in the high teens were made for the public. Jamie, one day I will have a garage similar to yours... all I need is a GT and L88 or Copo for me. F'in badass man.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Jaime: you have the most ridiculous collection of cars. Truly a car guy's dream.

I have owned something like 20 cars in some 24 years of driving. I totally know the wandering eye feeling. No matter what a car offers, another car has something attractive to offer. Specially when you start getting used to a car.

But there is something about this car that has me hooked. I know if I sell it I'll regret it. I have my eye on some other cars, that I will will most certainly get, but I want to keep this one forever. I just do and I don't know why.

I actually love the Z06. But i know in my heart of hearts that I will always notice what it lacks.

Originally Posted by jamie furman
Ari I don'think anything is a long term keeper, after 10 years they all become antiquated to some point and its fun trying out something new. So far the technology, performance and refinement has continued to improve and as long as that continues, it will serve us all well. Thats why I stay open minded and don't fall in love with any particular make or model, and try as many different performance cars as I can. Its also the best way to become truly objective about the different choices we have to choose from.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 02-04-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Well put.

A nice 964 Turbo or 993 TT still catch my eye.

The C4, c5 and even standard C6 are practically invisible to me. Not being snobby. They're just so blahh now. I owned both a 4+3 C4 and a C5 BTW.

Originally Posted by Prche951
I disagree with you. I love old 911's and they look good even at 20 years old. I see many 964/965's and 993's in excellent condition. Can't say the same for vettes. They all look beaten up after a while, so definitely not the same class for sure

Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Bwaaahahahahaha!

[quote=Prche951;2245828]ok so:

ZO6/vette is a Stage Coach
Viper is the CLOWN SHOE

Old 02-05-2009, 04:26 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
That is a beautiful Corvette! Is it a matching numbers car? Was it restored?
I restored it myself about 7 or 8 years ago and its a real L88 with tank sheet and POP and thats a lacquer paint job your looking at. I actually do drive it now about 3 or 4 hundred miles a year, I didn't drive it until last year except on the trailer for shows and everything was leaking, carb, brakes and the tranny was hard to shift and the car loaded up all the time and would miss sometimes and basically the car felt like junk. A friend of mine said I should drive it around the block every now and then so I did except I drove about 5 miles at a time and next thing I know the thing has no leaks and the tranny shifts perfect, the brakes work and the engine is strong with no loading up and runs great. It definately won't see a track but it will get driven several times a year and this past Sunday it was 60 degrees in Virginia and I drove it for about a 1/2 hour because it had been sitting for a couple of months.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Jaime: you have the most ridiculous collection of cars. Truly a car guy's dream.

I have owned something like 20 cars in some 24 years of driving. I totally know the wandering eye feeling. No matter what a car offers, another car has something attractive to offer. Specially when you start getting used to a car.

But there is something about this car that has me hooked. I know if I sell it I'll regret it. I have my eye on some other cars, that I will will most certainly get, but I want to keep this one forever. I just do and I don't know why.

I actually love the Z06. But i know in my heart of hearts that I will always notice what it lacks.
I am not comparing Corvettes to 911's to each his own, and I wasn't suggesting selling your cars, I just said old is old and new is new!
What if a guy in 1940 said man this car is the greatest looking best running thing I have ever had and I don't need to ever have anything else.
Well he sure would of missed a lot awesome stuff over the next 65 years and that was the point of my statement. I am sure on some weekends he can find a time and place for that 1940 car a few times a year as I do my old cars, but I don't want to miss out on the new technology and performance that is out there as well as the new designs which I happen to like as well. Once a new car gets old it takes it several years to have an appreciation for what it once was, usually 20 to 25 years and then its no longer a used car and becomes a classic! Looks are subjective but I think it would be hard to deny that the new 997's are the best built, best engineered and best looking and performing 911's ever. Its hard to beat progress!

Last edited by jamie furman; 02-05-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Jamie, You do have a very unique perspective in that your good fortune allows you to be able to sample some of the best that the automotive community have to offer. You also are one of the best amature drag racers in the country. I'd really to get you into a road course rythme to see how you would do there. I bet you'd go nuts and be a natural at it!

You need to post up some more pics of your shop for all to see... There's a lot of eye candy there, and from what I remember used to be in the building you used to rent around the corner from Hi-Tech, I'm sure the collection has only kept pace with what was then an awesome collection.

And your Z06 still sux!

Just kidding...

Mike

Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Jamie, You do have a very unique perspective in that your good fortune allows you to be able to sample some of the best that the automotive community have to offer. You also are one of the best amature drag racers in the country. I'd really to get you into a road course rythme to see how you would do there. I bet you'd go nuts and be a natural at it!

You need to post up some more pics of your shop for all to see... There's a lot of eye candy there, and from what I remember used to be in the building you used to rent around the corner from Hi-Tech, I'm sure the collection has only kept pace with what was then an awesome collection.

And your Z06 still sux!

Just kidding...

Mike
Thanks! I think I am decent at road racing? I went to the Bondarant School Advanced Road Racing class last year and was the fastest there, never got passed in 4 days and they passed me for a SCCA license which I now have. I am definatey ready to do some HPDE and I have done some in the past and I might go out to Spring Mountain in Vegas for a tune up next month. Thats actually why I bought my ACR.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
to the OP here is some vids for you

back on target, here is a good review of the GT2 and compared to the ZO6. Both stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4xJRMrAwA

here is another race between a 996tt and what appears to be a zo6 of the same year or close
part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsHWiice94
part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jl2z...eature=related

here is another race and they look real close seems like the zo6 got the jump but the 996 cought it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTht...ext=1&index=37

and yet another race of modded vs modded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmCp...29CA9&index=36

and another test with a 997tt this time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m291...eature=related

so the difference is not what some would have you believe.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Originally Posted by Prche951
back on target, here is a good review of the GT2 and compared to the ZO6. Both stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4xJRMrAwA

here is another race between a 996tt and what appears to be a zo6 of the same year or close
part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsHWiice94
part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jl2z...eature=related

here is another race and they look real close seems like the zo6 got the jump but the 996 cought it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTht...ext=1&index=37

and yet another race of modded vs modded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmCp...29CA9&index=36

and another test with a 997tt this time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m291...eature=related

so the difference is not what some would have you believe.
All that looks great except you don't really know what any of the cars have done to them (stock or not?) and its the old generation Z06 compared to what (stock or tuned 996?) and the first video the guy clearly can't drive the Z06 as he is used to shifting with his left hand. The really only unbiased comparisons to be made I think come from people who own both cars and don't have an agenda. Me being one of those people and one who actually races with and against both models and being a fairly good driver I think I can give one of the best real world comparisons as I have in previous posts in this thread.
Those video's prove nothing as you know nothing about any of the cars as they could all be modded or the drivers aren't equal or both, I could go to youtube and pull 5 video's that show just the opposite. Also a few people who actually own both vehicles on this thread all seem to have the same opinion. Actually show up at a race track sometime and you might get enlightened.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by jamie furman
All that looks great except you don't really know what any of the cars have done to them (stock or not?) and its the old generation Z06 compared to what (stock or tuned 996?) and the first video the guy clearly can't drive the Z06 as he is used to shifting with his left hand. The really only unbiased comparisons to be made I think come from people who own both cars and don't have an agenda. Me being one of those people and one who actually races with and against both models and being a fairly good driver I think I can give one of the best real world comparisons as I have in previous posts in this thread.
Those video's prove nothing as you know nothing about any of the cars as they could all be modded or the drivers aren't equal or both, I could go to youtube and pull 5 video's that show just the opposite. Also a few people who actually own both vehicles on this thread all seem to have the same opinion. Actually show up at a race track sometime and you might get enlightened.
you are partially correct. Both the 997tt and the 997 GT2 were stock. And they both easily beat a stock ZO6 with totally different drivers in totally different places. As for the other videos, I have no clue what tune either car had and your right you could pull up other videos of ZO6 wins as well as I could pull up a crapload of more 996 wins. "actually show up at a track sometime"???(pompous are we) I did last summer and I was the only one in our cruise group who did, by the way. I did well over 25 runs on the track in 6 visits. I never saw a ZO6 there. I have however, run into two ZO6's at other times, and from 50-60 I walked them quite easily. And I just have K16 hybrids, stage 2 tune and stock fueling. Maybe it was the drivers who knows.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Prch951, did you paint the stagecoach kills on the side of your car yet?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Prch951, did you paint the stagecoach kills on the side of your car yet?

you laugh, I actually saw a guy do that with an old 84 plymouth aspen. He had a sticker of Rice Krispies on the front fender for every kill. He had about 10 or so stickers and according to him it was for every rice rocket he killed.

Can't wait to run into that new ZR1 in my hood. I'll be happy if I can stay within a car length of him. That is a badass car. sounded evil driving by my house

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt