996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
With all do respect, I've been to the track many times also but never saw a bone stock 06 at 1/8 mile run better than a 92-93mph. Any car beating over 100mph at 1/8 is a very fast car, no doubt. At 1/8 mile I ran a few 06's in CA with my old set up, K24 with a Giac flash, my et and mph was faster than 06's (stock). I like all cars and I am not here to defend one or the other. Comparing the size of the engine of the Pcar and the displacement, it does amazing things. Don't forget I have TT weighing at 3250 and HP unknown?? Walking a 650rwhp Viper and 600+HP drag camaro feels good Post some videos so we can see what everyone claims. here is mine.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...per_203953.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...6TT_204123.htm

[quote=jamie furman;2180257]
Look at the 9Eleven's GT2 that trapped 130 up there with flash/exhaust/WA. The same night Jamie ran 10's. And for the most part GT2's arent trapping any higher per mod than a TT. Maybe 1-2 mph tops.

Well I am Jamie and Mario and my car run the same et and mph and we both have a flash, wastegate actuators and exhaust and stock everything else. There were other regular TT cars at the track with us, some claiming over 600hp on the dyno with turbo's plus everything we have and I can tell you they weren't within 6mph or 9 tenths of our time in the 1/4 mile and they weigh about four or 500 pds more than a GT2 also so I have to disagree with your summation. A GT2 with the same exact mods as a regular TT will walk away from a TT, no comparison, its all HP to Weight and the GT2 is much lighter. Also we don't live in New England we live in Virginia and race in southern Maryland. One thing I also noticed is everyone claims they have beat so and so on the street? That doesn't mean anything, get on a track and line up then post how you did! I own both and have raced both and I can speak from experience, not dyno pulls or what so and so's buddy claimed he ran and I beat him so I can beat you. Bone stock Z06's have run 10 second 1/4 miles at 130mph in the real world in as delivered condition on runflat tires, my GT2 could barely get into the 11's at 121 mph bone stock and I have never seen a stock 996 or 997 TT run 11's period and I go to the track alot. You said Porsches aren't good drag cars? Well my GT2 has run an 11.83 at 130 mph on drag radials, I think thats a pretty good time considering the minimal mods. But its only the exact et and mph my bone stock Z06 ran with drag radials! If you do enough mods you can definately blow off a Z06, but a flash, exhaust and wastegate actuators ain't gonna get it done on a regular TT car. A couple of 6 speeders on the board here put together a few track days a year, we post them on the board and a lot of guys show up for them. Some of you guys ought to show up and see if you can match the dyno estimates on the race track, its a lot of fun and you might be surprised by the results. Show up at the track and end the debate!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
The 18G's on 1bar/pumpgas will eat the tuned C6ZO6's ALIVE!!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Well ART I own both cars so I don't have a need to defend one over the other either, but you must have the lightest TT Porsche ever made because my rear wheel drive GT2 weighs about the same as your all wheel drive car? And I don't have any street racing videos to post but I did see your drag racing video and with all those mods and big hp your car is making it was still running about the same mph and much slower ets than a stock Z06? My point was and still is, a chipped and exhaust TT is a stone compared to a stock Z06 and if you want to walk away from a Z06 you will need more than a flash and exhausts! Here is a partial video of my Bone Stock Z06 running a 10.83 with nothing but drag radials!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt9JwrZv0g

Old 12-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
My car was about even with a c6z from 10mph to 120mph. I've got 16/24's ported headers, exhaust with 100 cell cats and I was full stock weight and both cars had passengers. The best my car has gone on the strip is 11.6@125mph pump gas.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Definately not true.... I ran Raudel's tuned Z06 with my setup at 1.1 bar with pump gas (93oc) .... it was A LOT closer than I would have liked... the runs were not clean but I got a very good idea what his car was capable of. To eat a tuned Z06 "alive" with a 18g setup I agree with what others have said on this thread... You will need Race gas and 1.3-1.4 bar....

Last edited by str8blst; 12-19-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
The majority or the stock Z06's run in the mid 11's at 122mph. There seems to be a handful of '06 Z06s on the east coast that run 128-130mph at around 11 flat. Factory freaks or good air/good driver. Everyone has their opinions on that and mine is not going to change anyones mind.

I do know that my stock Z06 gave up 80-100 rwhp to a promotive 996tt and stayed dead even from 60 mph to 150mph.

To say that a tuned 996tt will walk a stock Z06 is crazy. Now once we start modding a 996tt with bigger turbos and add race gas and tunes - it will take a more that a tune and an intake Z06 to keep up.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller

I've owned and raced both; a modifed 996TT with K24/18Gs with RWD conversion, and a bone stock Z06. Also, as far as I know...my 996TT is still the 1/4 mile E.T. and Trap Speed record holder for a K24/18G car.

Anyway, you're above statement is totally wrong. 1 BAR on pump gas would not beat an intake and tuned Z06 with a proper driver.

M P-car at the K24/18G level running 1.3 BAR on race gas would have definitely beaten a stock Z06, but it still would have been a much closer race against an intake/tuned Z06 and a driver that can actually drive his car.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I agree Scott. A K24/18g setup with a good tune is a real monster. From my experience, I don't believe a 996tt with a flash, intake, exhaust and dv will beat a stock ZO6. The ZO6 as it comes from the factory is an extremely fast car. A stock C6 ZO6 is faster than a stock 996tt. I do believe if both cars are piloted by competent drivers, the P car running K24/18gs and 1.1 bar on pump and a stock ZO6 that the P car would walk it and win but it wouldn't be a blow out. If the ZO6 has an intake and tune then to decidedly beat it would take the K24/18g running 1.3 bar. Keep in mind that these two cars are way up there in performance as in faster than 99% of the street cars on the planet.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:16 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I agree Scott. A K24/18g setup with a good tune is a real monster. From my experience, I don't believe a 996tt with a flash, intake, exhaust and dv will beat a stock ZO6. The ZO6 as it comes from the factory is an extremely fast car. A stock C6 ZO6 is faster than a stock 996tt. I do believe if both cars are piloted by competent drivers, the P car running K24/18gs and 1.1 bar on pump and a stock ZO6 that the P car would walk it and win but it wouldn't be a blow out. If the ZO6 has an intake and tune then to decidedly beat it would take the K24/18g running 1.3 bar. Keep in mind that these two cars are way up there in performance as in faster than 99% of the street cars on the planet.

I ran a stock Z06 when I had just k24/18G's and no EBC. I was able to walk him with this setup. I believe I was hitting around 1.0 bar at the time... You are correct though it was not a blow out by any means...

When I ran Raudel's tuned/cammed Z06 I had Greddy EBC, Headers and IC's installed running 1.1 bar. Although the runs were not clean it would have taken race fuel and more boost for a decisive win to be had. I was shocked at how fast his car was. Of course it doesn't help that Raudel is also a much better driver than I am...

Last edited by str8blst; 12-19-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
[quote=jamie furman;2180257]
Look at the 9Eleven's GT2 that trapped 130 up there with flash/exhaust/WA. The same night Jamie ran 10's. And for the most part GT2's arent trapping any higher per mod than a TT. Maybe 1-2 mph tops.

Well I am Jamie and Mario and my car run the same et and mph and we both have a flash, wastegate actuators and exhaust and stock everything else. There were other regular TT cars at the track with us, some claiming over 600hp on the dyno with turbo's plus everything we have and I can tell you they weren't within 6mph or 9 tenths of our time in the 1/4 mile and they weigh about four or 500 pds more than a GT2 also so I have to disagree with your summation. A GT2 with the same exact mods as a regular TT will walk away from a TT, no comparison, its all HP to Weight and the GT2 is much lighter. Also we don't live in New England we live in Virginia and race in southern Maryland. One thing I also noticed is everyone claims they have beat so and so on the street? That doesn't mean anything, get on a track and line up then post how you did! I own both and have raced both and I can speak from experience, not dyno pulls or what so and so's buddy claimed he ran and I beat him so I can beat you. Bone stock Z06's have run 10 second 1/4 miles at 130mph in the real world in as delivered condition on runflat tires, my GT2 could barely get into the 11's at 121 mph bone stock and I have never seen a stock 996 or 997 TT run 11's period and I go to the track alot. You said Porsches aren't good drag cars? Well my GT2 has run an 11.83 at 130 mph on drag radials, I think thats a pretty good time considering the minimal mods. But its only the exact et and mph my bone stock Z06 ran with drag radials! If you do enough mods you can definately blow off a Z06, but a flash, exhaust and wastegate actuators ain't gonna get it done on a regular TT car. A couple of 6 speeders on the board here put together a few track days a year, we post them on the board and a lot of guys show up for them. Some of you guys ought to show up and see if you can match the dyno estimates on the race track, its a lot of fun and you might be surprised by the results. Show up at the track and end the debate!

I thought I did post that already. I said I ran side by side with a 498 rwhp Z06 and we were dead even for the better part of 5-6 runs. His best run was 1 mph faster than mine and that was the first when he got a good launch. A different track on different days I trapped higher than he did by 1 mph (at that same track). This is prior to a DV swap. Nothing but Orton ECU and PSI exhaust, full weight. There are a lot of people here who claim 600 hp etc. but all flashes are not created equal.

Just remember your experiences arent the only ones and certainly not the average, and your scale is blurred because you have argueably the fastest Z06 there is. When I see more Z06's running 10's in stock form and trapping 130 bone stock, then maybe I'll agree, but outside of the NE there just arent any Z06's trapping those speeds. And you cant make the arguement that you guys are the only ones that can drive. Most Z06's trap 125 tops, and that's a strong Z which may trap 128 at ATCO or MIR.

A good flash and exhaust on a 996 TT with K24's will do 125 as the norm in most any place.

Still waiting to see some 128 +mph traps outside of the NE.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:50 PM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vbmw335
correct me if iam wrong...if i get a k24 turbo on my car and get a tune and exhaust i can get to 500 whp??..so no need to upgrade comp wheel , fpr and clutch>? iam confused.

I am betting that that is crank HP not awhp.

RD

Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
No he should have 480 -530 whp depending on the dyno type and configuration (RWD or AWD) at time of the dyno.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
No he should have 480 -530 whp depending on the dyno type and configuration (RWD or AWD) at time of the dyno.

I've got a Softronic flash, DVs and a Speedtech 70mm and was quoted
about 530 hp at the crank, a 80 hp increase. To have 500+ at the wheels
you would have to gain well over 150 hp. That with just a flash and
exhaust?

RD

Old 12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by rdf16
I've got a Softronic flash, DVs and a Speedtech 70mm and was quoted
about 530 hp at the crank, a 80 hp increase. To have 500+ at the wheels
you would have to gain well over 150 hp. That with just a flash and
exhaust?

RD

Do you have K24's? Mine dynoed 523 rwhp on a dynojet. Without DV's. Which I think even in AWD on a mustang dyno would have been around 490-500 awhp.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
From my experience, and that of others, a Mustang Dyno in full eddy current mode will dyno about 40-50hp less at the wheels than a Dynojet in inertia mode.
Recently, one car(STI) that I know of, was tuned on a Mustang, dynoed 380awhp, and went pretty much straight to a dynojet, and put down 430 or so.
Eddy current really loads the engine with parasitic drag, killing the numbers.
There is a reason they are called the "heartbreaker" of dynos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt