996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rdf16
I've got a Softronic flash, DVs and a Speedtech 70mm and was quoted
about 530 hp at the crank, a 80 hp increase. To have 500+ at the wheels
you would have to gain well over 150 hp. That with just a flash and
exhaust?

RD
I was refering to K24/18G or a 20G turbo upgrade . These cars including K16/16g have made 480-550 whp as per the dynos. Do a serach..you will find them. I agree with just a ecu tune it will be crank HP.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:27 PM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Do you have K24's? Mine dynoed 523 rwhp on a dynojet. Without DV's. Which I think even in AWD on a mustang dyno would have been around 490-500 awhp.
Turbo S with stock K24s which is 444hp at the crank so about 370 to 380
at the wheels. I don't think you can get 150 hp gain with just flash and
exhaust, that would be a hell of a flash.

RD

Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I just installed my new race clutch and was not even launching the car. On full boost with race gas, I will walk the tuned Z06 just like I did to 650rwhp Viper on 1.2bar
I am actually setting up a nice race with the new ZR1, this will be the ultimate show down. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by jamie furman
Well ART I own both cars so I don't have a need to defend one over the other either, but you must have the lightest TT Porsche ever made because my rear wheel drive GT2 weighs about the same as your all wheel drive car? And I don't have any street racing videos to post but I did see your drag racing video and with all those mods and big hp your car is making it was still running about the same mph and much slower ets than a stock Z06? My point was and still is, a chipped and exhaust TT is a stone compared to a stock Z06 and if you want to walk away from a Z06 you will need more than a flash and exhausts! Here is a partial video of my Bone Stock Z06 running a 10.83 with nothing but drag radials!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt9JwrZv0g

Old 12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting to see some 128 +mph traps outside of the NE.
Last time I checked Virginia and Maryland and New Jersey were outside of NE? And hell maybe I am crazy and chipped Porsche TT's are the baddest things out there? But I just counted how many cars are listed on the 6speed 1/4 mile fast list and whats amazing to me is there is 65 cars listed and if I were to add my Z06 it would sit right above my GT2 at 12th place on the list with 53 cars below it on the chart and the Z06 is a stock car. Heavy are you telling me all those car listed below it are all stock? We know thats not the case, because if they all have a least a tune and exhaust it proves my point, and if they have more mods than just a tune and exhaust which many of them do it just cements my point even more so about what kind of mods it takes to walk a stock Z06 much less a modified one and its not a tune and exhaust! When I looked on that list and saw some of the names and times and the claims of walking Z06's that went with them it makes me wonder if some guys have short term memory loss?

Last edited by jamie furman; 12-20-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by art4iza
I just installed my new race clutch and was not even launching the car. On full boost with race gas, I will walk the tuned Z06 just like I did to 650rwhp Viper on 1.2bar
I am actually setting up a nice race with the new ZR1, this will be the ultimate show down. Stay tuned.

Art you should! You have a race program with race gas, exhaust, headers, turbo's and probably intercoolers! My statement was you need more than a tune and exhaust to beat a Z06 and I guess you figured that out and thats why you built a race car to do it! I am not going to comment any more because I think my point was missed in this thread, and my point was not race cars against stock cars because if you mod either of these cars enough it will walk by the other thats a fact. My point was a stock Z06 is a LOT STRONGER stock to stock than a TT and even with exhausts and tune you will probably still be out of luck against a Z06 with a good driver, and you will need to upgrade the turbo's and tune if you want to get by a Z06. With a quick review of the 6speed online fast list et's and mph standings I think my point would be substanciated.

Last edited by jamie furman; 12-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Believe it or not the ZR1 is not that much faster from a roll than a ZO6 stock for stock from what I have seen......maybe 2-2and1/2 cars.A ZO6 with cam tune and headers(about $5000)takes it from a roll.I know you will walk a ZO6 with a tune and intake but one with a cam (aggressive one)will be very close.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Last time I checked Virginia and Maryland and New Jersey were outside of NE? And hell maybe I am crazy and chipped Porsche TT's are the baddest things out there? But I just counted how many cars are listed on the 6speed 1/4 mile fast list and whats amazing to me is there is 65 cars listed and if I were to add my Z06 it would sit right above my GT2 at 12th place on the list with 53 cars below it on the chart and the Z06 is a stock car. Heavy are you telling me all those car listed below it are all stock? We know thats not the case, because if they all have a least a tune and exhaust it proves my point, and if they have more mods than just a tune and exhaust which many of them do it just cements my point even more so about what kind of mods it takes to walk a stock Z06 much less a modified one and its not a tune and exhaust! When I looked on that list and saw some of the names and times and the claims of walking Z06's that went with them it makes me wonder if some guys have short term memory loss?
You know what I meant by NE, meaning ATCO, MIR, E-town. You keep dodging the question. WHERE ELSE ARE Z06's TRAPPING 128 MPH STOCK?????

I never said 996 TT's are the baddest thing out there, only drawing comparisons based on averages which you cant seem to accept. The FACTS are that just any Z06 anywhere is not going to trap 128 mph. PERIOD. Most times they'll trap 122-125 which is exactly in the range where a K24 996 TT with chip and exhaust will trap.

You're trying to make this a **** measuring contest and I'm not interested. The proof is in the trap speeds. You cant find a single Z06 trapping what you are outside of your area, in fact you can barely find another Z06 trapping what you are in your area. No one said anything about stock vs stock now did they? Stick to the issue at hand.

Originally Posted by rdf16
Turbo S with stock K24s which is 444hp at the crank so about 370 to 380
at the wheels. I don't think you can get 150 hp gain with just flash and
exhaust, that would be a hell of a flash.

RD
Dont forget the 996 TT and GT2 motors are the same, the turbos on the X-50, Turbo S and GT2 are the same. The later generation GT2 had 483 crank hp (likely under-rated) and all Porsche did was put a more aggressive map on it. The K24's werent even being worked at 444 hp which is why so many people complained about the lag, even on the GT2. Free up the exhaust and flash the car and 100 hp doesnt seem so unrealistic on a turbo car does it? You can get 70+ with just a flash on most turbo cars.

Very well could be that our difference in observations are based on dyno type. My car dynoed 440 whp on a dyno dynamics and 523 on a dynojet, so the mustang awd would be somewhere in the middle. But there are several people who've dynoed over 500 rwhp on dynojets with those mods. Other dynos will differ.

Last edited by heavychevy; 12-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I belive if you beat a 650rwhp Viper then the stock ZR1 won't be a challenge as they make about 550rwhp.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
i would have to agree with HC on this one... everyone is basing this on their experience and what would be considered the "NORM" and Jamie, you have the fastest stock ZO6 i've seen, a hell of a driver i presume as well... and congrats to you on that... but based on the norm... from what I've seen first hand, stock ZO6 and a flashed 996TT with exhaust are pretty close...

Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Believe it or not the ZR1 is not that much faster from a roll than a ZO6 stock for stock from what I have seen......maybe 2-2and1/2 cars.A ZO6 with cam tune and headers(about $5000)takes it from a roll.I know you will walk a ZO6 with a tune and intake but one with a cam (aggressive one)will be very close.

Joe, you beat me to it. I was just about to post the same thing.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Jamie, Shame on you...

Guys, Jamie isn't the "norm"... You want your car to get great numbers? Have him drive it. Jamie's been doing this 1/4 mile thing for more years than many of us combined, in more cars than some of us have owned, combined.

Jamie, Your Z06 may be stock, but as is usually the case, the driver is the greatest equalizer of all.

Mike

Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I would agree that for pump gas situations stage 2-4 turbos should be close to a stock z06 with the 3,4 cars being closer. IF you go to a 24 18 car probably a little faster than stock z06. Race fuel and more boost on the 24-18g and you are probably nudging out a stock z. Mod the z with intake and tune and it should be close. Cam, exhaust and tune the z and your turbo better have high boost better turbos and race fuel. Lets not forget you are talking about a 420 plus cugic inch motor with pretty good heads and cam already.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:34 AM
You know what I meant by NE, meaning ATCO, MIR, E-town. You keep dodging the question. WHERE ELSE ARE Z06's TRAPPING 128 MPH STOCK?????
Dont forget the 996 TT and GT2 motors are the same, the turbos on the X-50, Turbo S and GT2 are the same. The later generation GT2 had 483 crank hp (likely under-rated) and all Porsche did was put a more aggressive map on it. The K24's werent even being worked at 444 hp which is why so many people complained about the lag, even on the GT2. Free up the exhaust and flash the car and 100 hp doesnt seem so unrealistic on a turbo car does it? You can get 70+ with just a flash on most turbo cars.
First off I can't speak for other Z06's and out of the guys that post their ets and mph and you are correct that very few run the times and mph I have. I didn't want to say the obvious but the facts are most guys think they can drive and they can't! As a matter of fact my friends best time in his 07 Z06 with him driving was 11.8 at 124 and I proceeded to climb in the car and run a 11.34 at 127.72 on my FIRST pass in his car. So I feel just because there haven't been many cars that have done it, its not because the car isn't capable and that is my point. In regular air 80 degrees and average 60' my car usually runs the exact times I ran in my friends Z06 11.3's at 127 to 128 mph which is only a couple of tenths and mph better than GM's own claims. Low 11's and 130 traps require good cold air and a well prepared track and are defintately special when they happen.

As far as your GT2, X50 comparison well my comment on that is assumming you are correct and I will go along that you are correct, that puts the cars in the range of a Z06 but as this threads main theme was WALKING a Z06 I don't think that would be the case. Now let me go one step further with your GT2, X50, TTS comparison, do you agree with the same mods the GT2 is quicker and faster as it is 2 wheel drive and much lighter weight giving it an HP to Weight advantage over the X50 and TTS?

You bring up K24 cars, but most of the posts are guys claiming to walk Z06's with tuned K16 cars and that is laughable to me and that was my whole point of my response was to the people with K16 claims, how you got the K24 cars involved is beyond me? Though I don't think a K24 car will walk a Z06 with just a flash and exhaust either as I wasn't able to drive my K24 Lightweight around my stock Z06. I said in a previous post to walk a Z06 with a regualr TT you will need to look at turbo work to go along with a flash and exhuast and looking at 6speed fast list your et and mph in your tuned TT is just the example I am talking about!

Last edited by jamie furman; 12-20-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Jamie, I have to beg to differ there... I've rolled on several Z06s, both on road courses and stoplight runs... I've not been on a 1/4 mile against one, because honestly, I'm no drag racer, but my K16/24 Hybrid car will hand a stock Z06 its *** and it should. My car is (well until today when I put heated seats back in it) 3364# and making well over 500WHP on 93 octane and well over 550HP on 100octane race gas... I've got video posted online of me running on Summit Point with a 525WHEEL HP Z06 and his comments to me in the pits were that my turbo was the first he'd ever encountered that he couldn't pull away from on a road course.

I can't speak for any of the regular "K16" cars, but you're more than welcome to drive mine and then post back your thoughts...

Mike

Old 12-20-2008, 10:04 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
My **** is bigger than yours.........

I'll meet you out on the blacktop by old man Johnson's farm and we can settle this like men.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt