996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Marty
Are you going to let Eric talk to you like that..Man up.

I tried to warn you about Eric,know he wants to know about **** size,Marty be careful.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Marty
Are you going to let Eric talk to you like that..Man up.

I tried to warn you about Eric,know he wants to know about **** size,Marty be careful.
Paulie -

All of these threads end up the same way. Everybody defending their turf. I suggest that Jamie and Heavy(and everyone else making claims) make the journey to Houston in March for the TX2K9. We can dyno the cars, list there mods or lack of mods and then line them up for 1/4 mile runs and 60-130's on the same day on the same track. mano y mano.

Its amazing how all of you and the good Dr's post seem to slip into homophobe territory. Is tweety ready to see my tail-lights in Mexico in March.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:23 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Tweety does not associate with nasty Corvettes.

It won't be long before Jitsu comes on this thread with something "witty" to say.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 12-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:36 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Paulie -

All of these threads end up the same way. Everybody defending their turf. I suggest that Jamie and Heavy(and everyone else making claims) make the journey to Houston in March for the TX2K9. We can dyno the cars, list there mods or lack of mods and then line them up for 1/4 mile runs and 60-130's on the same day on the same track. mano y mano.

Its amazing how all of you and the good Dr's post seem to slip into homophobe territory. Is tweety ready to see my tail-lights in Mexico in March.
In complete agreement! I personally would like to see some of these high HP P cars come down! Come on Marek, Bobby, VR, Suman and that nasty EVO car Joe just finished.... bluey wants to play
Robert

Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Tweety does not associate with nasty Corvettes.

It won't be long before Jitsu comes on this thread with something "witty" to say.
Your car is a snob. Pretty yellow GT2 with pretty yellow stitching on the interior. And my poor vette from the wrong side of the tracks.

Originally Posted by robmd99
In complete agreement! I personally would like to see some of these high HP P cars come down! Come on Marek, Bobby, VR, Suman and that nasty EVO car Joe just finished.... bluey wants to play
Robert
There are some serious cars around the country. Would be nice to get a few more of them down to TX2K9.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
First off I can't speak for other Z06's and out of the guys that post their ets and mph and you are correct that very few run the times and mph I have. I didn't want to say the obvious but the facts are most guys think they can drive and they can't! As a matter of fact my friends best time in his 07 Z06 with him driving was 11.8 at 124 and I proceeded to climb in the car and run a 11.34 at 127.72 on my FIRST pass in his car. So I feel just because there haven't been many cars that have done it, its not because the car isn't capable and that is my point. In regular air 80 degrees and average 60' my car usually runs the exact times I ran in my friends Z06 11.3's at 127 to 128 mph which is only a couple of tenths and mph better than GM's own claims. Low 11's and 130 traps require good cold air and a well prepared track and are defintately special when they happen.

As far as your GT2, X50 comparison well my comment on that is assumming you are correct and I will go along that you are correct, that puts the cars in the range of a Z06 but as this threads main theme was WALKING a Z06 I don't think that would be the case. Not let me go one step further with your GT2, X50, TTS comparison, do you agree with the same mods the GT2 is quicker and faster as it is 2 wheel drive and much lighter weight giving it an HP to Weight advantage over the X50 and TTS?

You bring up K24 cars, but most of the posts are guys claiming to walk Z06's with tuned K16 cars and that is laughable to me and that was my whole point of my response was to the people with K16 claims, how you got the K24 cars involved is beyond me? Though I don't think a K24 car will walk a Z06 with just a flash and exhaust either as I wasn't able to drive my K24 Lightweight around my stock Z06. I said in a previous post to walk a Z06 with a regualr TT you will need to look at turbo work to go along with a flash and exhuast and looking at 6speed fast list your et and mph in your tuned TT is just the example I am talking about!
Look at the list, there are a few K16 cars trapping mid 120's, just like the average K24 car, so it's not out of the realm of possibility like maybe you want it to be for a K16 car to beat a stock Z06. We can go through definitions of "walk" all day but if someone wins, that is all they need to say "walked" and has been used as a term in street racing under those conditions for decades.

As for trying to assume that every guy that isnt trapping 127 cant drive, good luck with that one. The guy you mention may not be able to drive if he's trapping 6 mph slower than your car at the same track and 3 mph slower in the same car, but you can still count on one hand, maybe two, the number of stock Z06's that have EVER trapped a 127 or higher. And there are lots of other guys that can drive trapping 122-125.

That same track that I ran 11.7 @ 124, my highest trap speed was several 125's, my buddy in his stock Z who is a consumate street race and at least as good as I am at drag racing I think managed a 119 trap tops when he was stock and a 124 mph when he went back after modding. That was prior to DV's full weight with techart 19's on the car. DV's and lighter wheels (unsprung weight) and there is a good chance I'd have gained a couple mph.

I think you need some time out of your eutopic conditions so you can see what everyone else faces when they go to the strip.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Eric
I have a feeling your Corvette from the "wrong side of the tracks"sounds like a bully.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:39 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Jamie, I have to beg to differ there... I've rolled on several Z06s, both on road courses and stoplight runs... I've not been on a 1/4 mile against one, because honestly, I'm no drag racer, but my K16/24 Hybrid car will hand a stock Z06 its *** and it should. My car is (well until today when I put heated seats back in it) 3364# and making well over 500WHP on 93 octane and well over 550HP on 100octane race gas... I've got video posted online of me running on Summit Point with a 525WHEEL HP Z06 and his comments to me in the pits were that my turbo was the first he'd ever encountered that he couldn't pull away from on a road course.

I can't speak for any of the regular "K16" cars, but you're more than welcome to drive mine and then post back your thoughts...

Mike
Mike no offense, I really don't want to bust your ***** but get in the real world! You raced my Z06 at Mir and I put a 1/2 a track on your TT and about 13mph through the traps! and from a roll on the street my Z06 will run away and hide from your TT. Let me help refresh your memory by posting a copy of your own post from that dayl

Did you forget this post from last year?
I suck at drag racing...
So they had a track day rental at MIR, an NHRA certified track. I tried hard to get my car to launch, but between wheelhop, bogging, and spinning, and just couldn't get a launch to be "happy" with, without fear of breaking hard parts. The clutch held fine, and maybe if I'd played with tire pressures and tried a more abusive approach, I'd have had better results... Had a slew of 117MPH passes in the 12.4 to 12.8 range. Reaction times weren't bad, ranging from .500 to .577, but the 60 ft. times were horrid, ranging in 2.1 - 2.3 with massive wheelspin thru 3rd gear. I knew there was a reason I don't drag race...

Mike
I don't know how you came up with that ET and MPH you put in your signature but there were about 30 of us at the track watching you run the exact times you listed in the (I SUCK AT DRAG RACING THREAD) and they were 12.4's at 117, the exact numbers you listed the day you ran!
If you need me to PM a few of the guys that were there that day to confirm your own post I will! I mean its kind of sad to try and distort the truth with total fabrication of the facts. I think there is a video of you running my Z06 floating around and I will ask (Driven) to post showing you run my Z06 and a 1/2 track of difference between my Z06 tailights and your TT front end at the traps. I believe on that run I ran an 11.19 at 128 and you ran 12.5 at 115. Sure doesn't sound like Z06 walking to me!

Old 12-20-2008, 05:58 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I think you need some time out of your eutopic conditions so you can see what everyone else faces when they go to the strip.
Yeah just like there are a few K16s trapping mid 120's I guess there are just as many Z's running 127 128 traps also. I guess every track I run is Eutopic because I have matched those numbers at Maple Grove in Pa and Englishtown in Jersey, the only tracks within 4 hours of where I live. Maybe your at a fast track where you live and thats why you ran 124? I can say this much when I have run my best in my Z06 or Viper ACR (which by the way is also the Fastest Stock run ever by a Viper last month when I ran an 11.07 at 129.9 on the factory tires with 200 miles on the odo.) or my GT2 they have all been done at a 6Speed sponsered event with a ton of witness and other racers from all over the Northeast and I haven't heard any of them say how there car was so much faster at MIR than any where else they have run. There are at least 30 members on this board that race with me regularly and have been there when I have ran these numbers and I think they will agree there is nothing special about MIR but good track prep and traction. How many people have time to travel around the country to make passes? I race at the track that is closest to where I live and its MIR. Hell your Porsche must be a freak also because my GT2 with exhausts and GIAC flash only ran 11.5 at 125 and hell its a GT2 3 to 400 hundreds pounds lighter than your car and it has k24 turbo's and yet it only ran the same mph as your car at MIR so either you have a special car or there is something wrong with my GT2 or MIR is a slow track? What do you think the reason is your car ran the same mph as my GT2 with the same mods when my car had 60 more hp to begin with and is at least 300 pounds lighter?

Last edited by jamie furman; 12-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
This thread has become very interesting to me. I still have not seen a stock Z06 with the numbers you are coming up with. I know the times in east coast are a little better than CA but here I've never seen those results. Again, post some of your own race videos and let me see what your are talking about. I will walk a tuned Z06 anyday buddy. Last time when I punched my car in first at the speedway racing with a good driver in Z06 (three of them), all I can remember was that he was spinning in frist, second, and third, and I was gone Just take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah just like there are a few K16s trapping mid 120's I guess there are just as many Z's running 127 128 traps also. I guess every track I run is Eutopic because I have matched those numbers at Maple Grove in Pa and Englishtown in Jersey, the only tracks within 4 hours of where I live. Maybe your at a fast track where you live and thats why you ran 124? I can say this much when I have run my best in my Z06 or Viper ACR (which by the way is also the Fastest Stock run ever by a Viper last month when I ran an 11.07 at 129.9 on the factory tires with 200 miles on the odo.) or my GT2 they have all been done at a 6Speed sponsered event with a ton of witness and other racers from all over the Northeast and I haven't heard any of them say how there car was so much faster at MIR than any where else they have run. There are at least 30 members on this board that race with me regularly and have been there when I have ran these numbers and I think they will agree there is nothing special about MIR but good track prep and traction. How many people have time to travel around the country to make passes? I race at the track that is closest to where I live and its MIR. Hell your Porsche must be a freak also because my GT2 with exhausts and GIAC flash only ran 11.5 at 125 and hell its a GT2 3 to 400 hundreds pounds lighter than your car and it has k24 turbo's and yet it only ran the same mph as your car at MIR so either you have a special car or there is something wrong with my GT2 or MIR is a slow track? What do you think the reason is your car ran the same mph as my GT2 with the same mods when my car had 60 more hp to begin with and is at least 300 pounds lighter?

Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by art4iza
This thread has become very interesting to me. I still have not seen a stock Z06 with the numbers you are coming up with. I know the times in east coast are a little better than CA but here I've never seen those results. Again, post some of your own race videos and let me see what your are talking about. I will walk a tuned Z06 anyday buddy. Last time when I punched my car in first at the speedway racing with a good driver in Z06 (three of them), all I can remember was that he was spinning in frist, second, and third, and I was gone Just take it with a grain of salt.
Man I did post one of my runs, what I could find? It was a 10.83 run at 130 mph and the 1/8 mile et was 7.02 at 103mph about a second better than the one you posted! That being said I do believe you could walk most Z06's you run because you have performed enough mods to overcome the BIG ADVANTAGE HP to WGT that a Z06 has STOCK to stock. I have never disputed that fact as I have a Porsche and I know if you give it fuel and turn the boost up high enough the Porsche will get the job done as its a great car! I felt this argument was getting stupid as the point of my post is being ignored to have some kind of argument I guess? I never disputed that a TT could beat a Z06, just how much modification was required to do so and it got all twisted and turned into something else. We could go on and on, like my 1000 HP PINTO that runs 8's at 155 can beat your Porsche! GET MY POINT?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Just to correct your math, that was 103.9 at low boost. I still have not tried high boost with race gas and we are talking about street legal cars with good performance here not PINTO's my friend.

Man I did post one of my runs, what I could find? It was a 10.83 run at 130 mph and the 1/8 mile et was 7.02 at 103mph about a second better than the one you posted! That being said I do believe you could walk most Z06's you run because you have performed enough mods to overcome the BIG ADVANTAGE HP to WGT that a Z06 has STOCK to stock. I have never disputed that fact as I have a Porsche and I know if you give it fuel and turn the boost up high enough the Porsche will get the job done as its a great car! I felt this argument was getting stupid as the point of my post is being ignored to have some kind of argument I guess? I never disputed that a TT could beat a Z06, just how much modification was required to do so and it got all twisted and turned into something else. We could go on and on, like my 1000 HP PINTO that runs 8's at 155 can beat your Porsche! GET MY POINT?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Don't sweat it, Jamie.
Some of us get what you are trying to say.
Just the fact that you ran several tenths and several mph faster in your friend's Z06 the same day, is enough to suggest that driver ability is a huge factor at the track, and can make a huge difference.
I think some have missed the point of that post.
I'd like to put you in the seat of my car to see what it could run.
I know at this point, I don't have the skill to get the most out of it.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:20 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
I think a good example of comparing these two cars would be to compare Scott(Divexxtreme) Z06 and Ryan (TXGold)996tt 60-130 times.ZO6=7.86 and the TT =7.92.Scott's Z06 was bone stock at the time of the run.Ryan'sTT has the stock k16's+ LWFW +UMW tune+straight pipes+RWD and weighs in at 3188lbs.They are pretty close in weight(without driver)and Ryan's car is about -350 lbs in weight from a stock TT which is the biggest factor these cars are close. Ryan would need nearly another 50whp to keep up if he were at stock weight and 75 whp if the ZO6 had a tune.Both are good drivers.Ryan would need turbo mods to pick up that kind of power.I think this is what Jamie is trying to say.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
So far, I have run 2 newer Zo6's(2006 look), actually, I think it may have been the same ZO6, black with tinted windows and the loudest exhaust I have ever hear. Both times this guy got the jump on me and both times I pulled 2-3 car lengths through 3rd gear and partly into fourth. Not really even worth racing him again. I have no mufflers and I could not hear my engine. I have K16 hybrids and tune.Not sure what the ZO6 had, but I know he had straight pipes for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 Intake and Tune compared to 996tt