996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution of my 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
[/B][/SIZE]

That's sorta like calling our sun hot
I'm just not very good with words. I was trying to say the way the build is going now, our gaol is for the torque to come on far sooner than normal. This should make her quick as opposed to crazy boost resulting in a lot of power in the upper rpm's.

Last edited by cjv; 07-17-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:54 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Chad and everyone else, It would be appreciated if we could keep this thread focused on my Evoms GTxxx.I believe Chad has a 300 page thread in the modified section if you would like to talk about his car.It can become confusing as to who's car we are talking about for other members that are new to the site.Thanks Joe

Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Here are a few pictures of Joe's "Monster" engine on a stand before it was installed. We have some pretty cool things happening in the next week or so on this project. More photos and videos will be posted shortly.
So Todd...after looking at the above pics I am thinking dual chutes in red with the Evoms logo in black....what do ya think?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Here are a few pictures of Joe's "Monster" engine on a stand before it was installed. We have some pretty cool things happening in the next week or so on this project. More photos and videos will be posted shortly.
I am absolutely in awe.
When I eventually do a motor build, this is how it should look.

SPECTACULAR ATTENTION TO DETAIL, WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:24 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by joetwint
So Todd...after looking at the above pics I am thinking dual chutes in red with the Evoms logo in black....what do ya think?
Joe, a question if i may... Approx. what HP goal are you guys going for? In the build you guys have 83lb ~ 900cc inj's listed. That will only flow about 1000flywheel at the most before running out of inj.'s... from what I gathered this build intends to shatter previous records of all sorts so why not go to a slightly larger inj being your talking about a 8000+rpm redline and 30+PSI, etc motor... ?

~ Kevin D.

Last edited by Kevin D; 07-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 AM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
would you be willing to tell us how mush$$$$ for that motor build???? Just curious as to the difference between the builds???

Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VEGAS BAIL
would you be willing to tell us how mush$$$$ for that motor build???? Just curious as to the difference between the builds???
I will tell you it is a HUGE difference between just a basic build like I was looking at doing to what Joe is doing. It's probably easily over $20-30k+ more than what a standard built motor with cams would be. But you have to remember hes got some of the best fabricators around to do the work. Everything is custom on it.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
All I have to do is hit "Ctrl C" and we can make another one :-) Tom, do you want yours to look like Joe's? It will only take me a few seconds

A few seconds & a divorce.... Joe has that secret company CC...

Old 07-17-2009, 12:15 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kevin D
Joe, a question if i may... Approx. what HP goal are you guys going for? In the build you guys have 83lb ~ 900cc inj's listed. That will only flow about 1000flywheel at the most before running out of inj.'s... from what I gathered this build intends to shatter previous records of all sorts so why not go to a slightly larger inj being your talking about a 8000+rpm redline and 30+PSI, etc motor... ?

~ Kevin D.
The rating of injectors is often underated (meaning they can outflow and outperform what they are listed as.

MK

Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin D

~ Kevin D.
Kevin,good question and one thing that.I also was worried about.I spoke with John from Evoms about this and he informed me we were at 65 percent duty cycle with plenty of pressure left to go at 920 awhp.We will see what the relative hp gain is and where the afr's are and go from there.If we run out of injector before motor we will swap them out.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Thank you everyone for your comments. We really appreciate. There has been a ton of blood, sweat and tears put into this project and it is well worth it. All of the EVOMS guys are a bit crazy when it comes to the details and we know that Joe is as well, so it works out perfect. Some customers dont care about the details but it is always more rewarding for us when the obsessive compulsive ones are impressed. Not Joe, he is just clinically crazy like John and I

Here are a few more pics of the details

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 07-17-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
pics attached

Attached Images     
Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Not Joe, he is just clinically crazy like John and I
Thanks for the compliment.It is always nice to "fit in".

Last edited by joetwint; 07-18-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
There has been a ton of blood, sweat and tears put into this project and it is well worth it.
Not to mention a camshaft or two hurled across the parking lot or whipped through the wall by John after the days when my car just did not feel like cooperating.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by joetwint
Not to mention a camshaft or two hurled across the parking lot or whipped through the wall by John after the days when my car just did not feel like cooperating.
Or the time when the rear tire blew up on the dyno at 130+ MPH. John had to replace your drivers seat from the stains he left There is still rubber on the walls from your tire He was white as a friggen ghost after that episode.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution of my 996 Turbo