996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution of my 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Thanks guys.....I am glad you like it.Joe

Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Awesome! Looking forward to future progress reports.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
How is the car to drive around town? can you still use like a everyday car?
Yes, it can be driven everyday.Evoms has a pump gas setting on the car that with the push of the button runs on 93 octane and still makes a respectable 700 awhp!You would only need to take off the Mickey's and put on a set of street tires.Actually that is the biggest reason I did relatively few body mods (only a carbon wing blade and mirrors)because when you put the 19"street tires and rims on it nobody gives it a second look.Until it hits boost that is.Evoms also ditched the loud fuel pump that was in the car for a more stock appearing setup which is absolutely quiet yet will still support 1300 crank hp.We had a couple of issues with the previous pump that wre intermittent and were decreasing the drivability of the car,but Evoms came up with a very slick setup that drops in the tank with no tank mods and works flawlessly....like stock....only with 800+awhp.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
what a monster

Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Incredible...I look forward to updates on that monster.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Nice Build!!! congrats!! Kinda freaked me out in one of the videos you pass a 34' boot in the opposite direction LOL

Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Very nice Joe, Get that bad boy home.....Can I have a ride? Please!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 03:05 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Very nice Joe, my car is looking over at yours with lots of envy.... Who knows I may just follow the path you are blazing..

Old 12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Very nice Joe, my car is looking over at yours with lots of envy.... Who knows I may just follow the path you are blazing..
Oh boy you won't be sorry either,all the hard stuff has been figured out already,it is on another level from a GT700 or Gt800.I can't wait for the cams,it should be even more fun.Todd and John @Evo have really been working hard on this package.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Nice Build!!! congrats!! Kinda freaked me out in one of the videos you pass a 34' boot in the opposite direction LOL
I was not driving.I would have atleast gotten a 60-130 for you guys.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
Very nice Joe, Get that bad boy home.....Can I have a ride? Please!!!
Your getting a ride whether you like it or not!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
holy crap..... rooting for you
Thanks Alex...much appreciated!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
So you dont have the GT3 cams in the car? Wow and you are making that kind of power?? What boost are you running?
Robert

Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by joetwint
Yes, it can be driven everyday.Evoms has a pump gas setting on the car that with the push of the button runs on 93 octane and still makes a respectable 700 awhp!You would only need to take off the Mickey's and put on a set of street tires.Actually that is the biggest reason I did relatively few body mods (only a carbon wing blade and mirrors)because when you put the 19"street tires and rims on it nobody gives it a second look.Until it hits boost that is.Evoms also ditched the loud fuel pump that was in the car for a more stock appearing setup which is absolutely quiet yet will still support 1300 crank hp.We had a couple of issues with the previous pump that wre intermittent and were decreasing the drivability of the car,but Evoms came up with a very slick setup that drops in the tank with no tank mods and works flawlessly....like stock....only with 800+awhp.
Thanks for the info! Seems that Evoms has done a great job!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution of my 996 Turbo