996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A.W.E. Tuning - 996TT Exhaust Redesign and Update.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
A.W.E. Tuning - 996TT Exhaust Redesign and Update.

There are many similarities between the mufflers on the 996TT, 996TT GT2, and the 997TT variants. While developing our 997 GT2 system we decided to go with a new design utilizing a single can rather then our trademark two. Since it was such a sucess, we opted to updated all of our systems to this new design.
We have configured it in such a way where we lost ZERO comfort in the cabin. No drone just like our previous version.

Other features:
Lighter weight!
No short or long term CEL's due to low quality cats.
28 peak crank hp gain on K16 turbos, more with K24s or larger.

Introducing our Gen. 2 996TT muffler system.

Please visit our web site for more detail:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...L=996ttexhaust

Intro Price of $3395.

Email me directly for order info:
Mike@awe-tuning.com

Old 12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
sound clips ?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome design Mike, we gotta talk on getting dyno day going. I have the guy's all fired up, should get my car back next week.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
How much lighter is the new design? Can you tell us what it weighs? Thank you!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Mike, you have a typo...or at least I hope!

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
...No short or long term CEL's due to low quality cats...
Nice improvement in weight! What is the difference in tone (sound quality) and loudness (dB) compared to the Gen I setup?

Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Sorry, went to your site after reading the last post and saw this...

31 lbs weight saving over OEM

Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
any chance to see the new 997 gt2 and 997 tt exhausts ?

how is the sound increase with one silencer vs two?

do the single silencer is bigger than one silencer of the "two silencer" version?

maybe you can use bigger/longer silencer for subtle sound like the gen1? (same designe used by the TUBI race for exemple but with cats and silenced muffler)

Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jiaim
any chance to see the new 997 gt2 and 997 tt exhausts ?
They look very similar, except that the inlets and outlets are reversed.

Here are some GT2 pics:

how is the sound increase with one silencer vs two?
No sound increase. In fact, the sound tone is a bit more appealing since now there is some harmonic balancing happening due to both cylinder banks being in the same muffler can vs the separated design of the Gen1.

do the single silencer is bigger than one silencer of the "two silencer" version?
Due to new tooling and manufacturing techniques, we were able to enclose virtually the same internal geometry found in the two separate cans into one single can.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:14 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
It's beyond me why anybody with a 997 Gt2 would replace their uber expensive oem titanium exhaust with any aftermarket exhaust.
Wait a tick, if anyone has replaced their 997 Gt2 exhaust please send me your old crappy titanium piece, I'll pay you hard, cold cash.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 12-24-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Nice looking, I like the angled tips on the GT2 verson. Could that be done for the 996 TT?

RD

Last edited by rdf16; 12-25-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Read the price wrong
Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
It's beyond me why anybody with a 997 Gt2 would replace their uber expensive oem titanium exhaust with any aftermarket exhaust.
Wait a tick, if anyone has replaced their 997 Gt2 exhaust please send me your old crappy titanium piece, I'll pay you hard, cold cash.
There's actually power to be found in replacing the OE muffler. Between a lower cell count and less muffler baffling, we were able to gain ~13 crank hp and 33 ftlbs. Plus, the stock exhaust tone is a bit on the bland side and our muffler really changes that.

The muffler can, tailpipes and tips are Ti and the cats/tubing stainless on the 997 GT2, and our entire system is stainless, but we actually only gained 5 lbs over the OE system.

I doubt you will find a GT2 owner willing to part with their OE system. They know that the car is so low production that it will only retain its max value on the resale market as long as all the OE parts are accounted for.

We already have several pre-orders, so there is demand out there.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:27 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
what about a loud version like the gen 2 and a quiet version like this pphotoshop?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:16 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow
A very clean design! What are the dementions? 70mm or 80 mm?
Robert

Old 12-26-2008, 04:57 PM
rdf16 is infamous around these partsrdf16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robmd99
Wow
A very clean design! What are the dementions? 70mm or 80 mm?
Robert
From their website, "This 2.5" diameter system reuses your stock tips."

RD

Old 12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Mike..
got my awe straight pipes for christmas!! got them mounted up today... one word AWESOME!!! thanks man
tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A.W.E. Tuning - 996TT Exhaust Redesign and Update.