996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FYI Tire pressure monitoring and safety caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
FYI Tire pressure monitoring and safety caps

Over the years I've had quite a few flat tires caused by nails and screws etc - so I investigated various means of tire pressure monitoring for all my vehicles, especially the 911 TT and Mini Cooper S as their tires seems to be like magnets for nails !

I bought three sets of these 'safety caps' from the vendor below:

http://www.accu-pressure.com/

All was well for about 12 months, then one of the 'safety caps' sprung a slow leak on my 911 actually causing a flat so I got it changed.

Now another one has failed on the Mini again causing a flat.

Bottom line, I've taken then all off - I'd stay away from these things, they seem to cause more trouble than they're worth.

I had tried other makes which fit inside the tire and radio link the pressure information to a display unit, but couldn't find one which would fit my rims.

Tim

Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Tim -- Thanks for the info. I had read that some of those products can actually cause leaks if they break. Probably better to just check tire pressures every few weeks.